Do you have any scars?

1. Scar on my forehead after smashing into a door dancing around to Rod Hull's Pink Windmill theme tune when I was six

2. Scar on my right wrist from holding a bin whilst someone pulled out the bag and there was a big chunk of glass sticking out of it

3. Scar on my left groin from a hernia operation 20 years ago

4. New scar incoming in the next few months as I now have a fucking hernia on the right side 

Just now, styrofoamplates said:

1. Scar on my forehead after smashing into a door dancing around to Rod Hull's Pink Windmill theme tune when I was six

2. Scar on my right wrist from holding a bin whilst someone pulled out the bag and there was a big chunk of glass sticking out of it

3. Scar on my left groin from a hernia operation 20 years ago

4. New scar incoming in the next few months as I now have a fucking hernia on the right side 

Are you a fatso?

Just now, styrofoamplates said:

Not at all. 32 inch waist and about 72kg. 

Just wondered because hernia ops are often the preserve of fat fucks. I've had three in total and I'm carrying more than I should. 

We're the forgotten people. Women were all over the news because of "vaginal mesh" being used on them. The same thing is / was used to shore up some hernias. I still get a fair bit of pain in one of my groin repairs due to that. Am I on the news. Will I be compensated. Does anybody care. No. Why. Because it's a women's world that's why. 

• Upvote 2

Operation on my right hand as a baby, then later on in my 30’s left a noticeable scar.

Had a lipoma removed just under my left rib cage at the front which has left a scar that people ask about if they see it.

I say something like I got it in ‘nam or you should’ve seen the other guy after he stabbed me.

Small scar on left hand ring finger  - knife wound

Small scar on left hand palm - bite wound

Small scar in central forehead - minor operation (cyst removal)

Large scar right elbow - operation (reconstructing smashed elbow with metal inserts)

Medium scar, top right back of head - legacy of significant head wound

The last two were caused when I was attacked on a night bus and, during the struggle, was pushed out of the moving bus doors which had opened - landed on my right hand side (I very briefly landed on my feet but soon decked it as I was likely travelling at >30mph).  Was really lucky not to get more significant / permanent injuries.

The other 3 have no dramatic stories behind them.

1 minute ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Large scar right elbow - operation (reconstructing smashed elbow with metal inserts)

The last two were caused when I was attacked on a night bus and, during the struggle, was pushed out of the moving bus doors which had opened - landed on my right hand side (I very briefly landed on my feet but soon decked it as I was likely travelling at >30mph).  Was really lucky not to get more significant / permanent injuries.

Pushed out of a moving bus but survived. Jesus obviously doesn't want you as a sunbeam. Sinner. 

4 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Why did you reconstruct the elbow? Why didn’t you just suffer it ? 😚

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I'd like to meet the perpetrators of this fine incident and applaud them on their intent.

Then give them a stern talking to for not finishing the job completely.

6 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Just wondered because hernia ops are often the preserve of fat fucks. I've had three in total and I'm carrying more than I should. 

We're the forgotten people. Women were all over the news because of "vaginal mesh" being used on them. The same thing is / was used to shore up some hernias. I still get a fair bit of pain in one of my groin repairs due to that. Am I on the news. Will I be compensated. Does anybody care. No. Why. Because it's a women's world that's why. 

No idea how the fuck I’ve had two hernias. Must be just due to a weak stomach wall or something. The one I have at the moment isn’t causing me any pain, but just want the fucking thing fixed. Have an appointment with a surgeon in two weeks and will see what he says. The general consensus in The Netherlands is ‘if it doesn’t cause pain, just leave it’ but I can’t be arsed with the bulge so have said it’s causing me loads of pain and want it fixed. 

19 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

No idea how the fuck I’ve had two hernias. Must be just due to a weak stomach wall or something. The one I have at the moment isn’t causing me any pain, but just want the fucking thing fixed. Have an appointment with a surgeon in two weeks and will see what he says. The general consensus in The Netherlands is ‘if it doesn’t cause pain, just leave it’ but I can’t be arsed with the bulge so have said it’s causing me loads of pain and want it fixed. 

I suspect i might have a hernia in my lower abdomen, bit of swelling and discomfort if i cough. Wouldn't say it's painful but getting a kind of gurgling sensation similar to your belly rumbling. Can't decide whether to go and see about it or hope it goes away.

Scar on the bridge of my nose after tripping down a brae pissed whilst walking home from my pals' house in 2013. Forgot to put my hands out to mitigate the damage the fall may bring. Busted my face open as a consequence.

Scar on my leg since 5 years old after getting in the way of a gardening fork. After the incident, I visited the local casualty department of Fraserburgh hospital, I remember the daft bat of an nurse asked me what kind of fork was it..."was it een you use to eat mince 'n' tatties with?" :banghead:

😄

25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Forgot to put my hands out to mitigate the damage the fall may bring. Busted my face open as a consequence.

😄

I'd have thought putting your hands out to break your fall is a reflex reaction. You just forgot? 😄

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I'd have thought putting your hands out to break your fall is a reflex reaction. You just forgot? 😄

Aye, I did min.😄 I put it down to a combo of me being pissed, therefore the neurotransmitters weren't working as one wished at the time, and wearing a pair of unsuitable moccasin shoes with untied laces.

Silly bastard I am.😄

9 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Jessuusss wept ouch 🤕.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I suspect i might have a hernia in my lower abdomen, bit of swelling and discomfort if i cough. Wouldn't say it's painful but getting a kind of gurgling sensation similar to your belly rumbling. Can't decide whether to go and see about it or hope it goes away.

Sounds like a hernia to me. I'd go and get it checked out to be on the safe side. It won't go away on it's own. Does it go away when you lie down? 

9 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Sounds like a hernia to me. I'd go and get it checked out to be on the safe side. It won't go away on it's own. Does it go away when you lie down? 

Does what go away? The swelling? Or the gurgling?  Can't say I've noticed either way, generally im sleeping when i lie down.