Do you have any scars?

11 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

You got some beating min.

Did that affect your mental wellbeing afterwards when you went on night outs.

I was quite wary for a period. When I got night buses after that, I would buy a can of juice and wrap it in a plastic bag, as a make-shift mace to use in case of trouble lol. A variant on the old pool ball in a sock.  Probably would have been ineffective, but it helped having something to hold onto 😆

I left home and got a flat in the city centre not too long after this, so it became a moot point - was only a short walk home after a night out.  And Glasgow City Centre isnt dodgy.

To be honest, I am quite a big lad and would not have much trouble in a majority of 1-on-1 fights (God forbid) but back then (yr 2000) I lacked confidence and in truth im a gentle soul at heart. 

The older I get, the more scary the memory is - could easily have been killed or permanently injured in that incident, but for the grace of God!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I was quite wary for a period. When I got night buses after that, I would buy a can of juice and wrap it in a plastic bag, as a make-shift mace to use in case of trouble lol. A variant on the old pool ball in a sock.  Probably would have been ineffective, but it helped having something to hold onto 😆

I left home and got a flat in the city centre not too long after this, so it became a moot point - was only a short walk home after a night out.  And Glasgow City Centre isnt dodgy.

To be honest, I am quite a big lad and would not have much trouble in a majority of 1-on-1 fights (God forbid) but back then (yr 2000) I lacked confidence and in truth im a gentle soul at heart. 

The older I get, the more scary the memory is - could easily have been killed or permanently injured in that incident, but for the grace of God!

Surely if God gave a fuck you wouldn't have got battered in the first place. 

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

You've done well to have coped with life after that.

An old mate of mine got beat up big time in the toon , that took him a few years to cope with it after that .

He stayed in alot other than working.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

You've done well to have coped with life after that.

An old mate of mine got beat up big time in the toon , that took him a few years to cope with it after that .

He stayed in alot other than working.

Thats a shame, some things can affect ppl quite deeply. 

Sometimes psychology can get the better of us, but you have to try to keep going in life.  This is what I was trying to get at in the euthanaisa thread.  Life is worth living!

Hope you mate is doing better now 👍

5 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Thats a shame, some things can affect ppl quite deeply. 

Sometimes psychology can get the better of us, but you have to try to keep going in life.  This is what I was trying to get at in the euthanaisa thread.  Life is worth living!

Hope you mate is doing better now 👍

Aye he's fine now CS.

He called me this afternoon asking about his gas boiler.

• Upvote 1

Yes. 

Lower back, had since birth, born with mild spina bifida. Right where my torso and arse chiks connect, nae fine. Hard as nails tho, walked it off. 

Left foot, got corrective surgery as a loon as I had two bones connected that shouldn't have been. 

Inner right leg, tried to jump spikey metal rails to retrieve a beer one May Day and ripped the inside of my leg wide open with surgical precision. Looks like a fucked up Vagina 

48 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Yes. 

Lower back, had since birth, born with mild spina bifida. Right where my torso and arse chiks connect, nae fine. Hard as nails tho, walked it off. 

Left foot, got corrective surgery as a loon as I had two bones connected that shouldn't have been. 

Inner right leg, tried to jump spikey metal rails to retrieve a beer one May Day and ripped the inside of my leg wide open with surgical precision. Looks like a fucked up Vagina 

Jokes...

14 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Jokes...

😂😂😂

My old man called my brother John Merrick the other month. Funny stuff. 

In all seriousness, though, beautiful and heartbreaking film. John Hurt delivers a legendary performance and David Lynch masterfully crafts his way through a story with a clear narrative and familiar style, which is unlike him. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

A lot on my right hand where I had heaps of operations as a kid. 
One on my right knee from falling off my push bike at fairly high speed a few years ago.

Some others.

Last one from last summer when I tried to do a handstand in the Med, slipped on rocks and gashed my left thumb.

Scars are okay, everyone has a story behind it. spacer.png

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

Yes. 

Pics?

• Haha 1

I've a scar on my right knee after my knee replacement last year. Away to get a matching one on my left in a couple of months.

Got one on my middle finger on my right hand after some mongol bit my finger in primary school.

Got a cracker on my scalp. Finished a job off of Blackpool years ago and drove up the road back to Aberdeen. I stopped for a supermarket prawn sandwich and ate that as I drove. When I got to my folks house (was staying there waiting for keys to my new place) my guts were in turmoil and I was shitting through the eye of a needle. The pain was so bad that I blacked out whilst sitting on the toilet. I fell off the pan and my head impacted with a set of glass scales. I came to with my drawers round my ankles, me on the floor and a pool of blood coming out of a flap of skin.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I've a scar on my right knee after my knee replacement last year. Away to get a matching one on my left in a couple of months.

Got one on my middle finger on my right hand after some mongol bit my finger in primary school.

Got a cracker on my scalp. Finished a job off of Blackpool years ago and drove up the road back to Aberdeen. I stopped for a supermarket prawn sandwich and ate that as I drove. When I got to my folks house (was staying there waiting for keys to my new place) my guts were in turmoil and I was shitting through the eye of a needle. The pain was so bad that I blacked out whilst sitting on the toilet. I fell off the pan and my head impacted with a set of glass scales. I came to with my drawers round my ankles, me on the floor and a pool of blood coming out of a flap of skin.

Wouldn’t have happened with a plant based alternative.

9 hours ago, CCB III said:

In all seriousness, though, beautiful and heartbreaking film. John Hurt delivers a legendary performance and David Lynch masterfully crafts his way through a story with a clear narrative and familiar style, which is unlike him. 

Thank you. 

Agreed - Hopkins delivers a masterclass as well.

The Elephant Man - 9/10

• Upvote 1