Man Utd vs Europe XI

uni_don

Man Utd 4-3 Europe XI.

I don't suppose anyone watched this, did they? No, I expect that's a stupid question. I was supposed to go down to the pub to watch the Dons game, but I'm full of the cold today so opted to listen to it on the radio and play Football Manager. Could probably have put this game on in the background if I really cared. But I don't.

Anyway, was wondering if it was a good game or not - 4-3 seems to suggest it was quite exciting?

I saw the end in the pub after the Dons game...

Seemed as if it would have been amazing to watch, (almost) 22 world class players just pissing about. Quality.

It went 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 4-3 I think... Never really any doubt Man U would win. Even though Chris Eagles was on at the end!

Who the hell was in goal by the way...? :dontknow:

My best mate was at the game. Said "First half was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. Just amazing. It's hard to describe seeing people you genuinely worship."

I saw the end in the pub after the Dons game...

Seemed as if it would have been amazing to watch, (almost) 22 world class players just pissing about. Quality.

It went 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 4-3 I think... Never really any doubt Man U would win. Even though Chris Eagles was on at the end!

Who the hell was in goal by the way...? :dontknow:

My best mate was at the game. Said "First half was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. Just amazing. It's hard to describe seeing people you genuinely worship."

For who? United played Tomas Kuszczak in the first half & Tom Heaton in the second. Europe, Santiago Canizares 1st & Gregory Coupet in the 2nd.

Didn't watch it but apparently Ronaldo scored a cracking free-kick. Not as good a finish as Foster's though!!!

I don't suppose anyone watched this, did they?

I did, Sky-Plus is great! :thumbs:

Here's the goals

Some of the skill on show was brilliant, especially from Ronaldo. In saying that, he had a brilliant fall in the first half, tried to do some of his stepovers/tricks, stumbled, and ended up looking like a prize fool on his arse!

1-0 Rooney one-on-one

2-0 Brown tap-in

2-1 Malouda strike from 25-30 yards

3-1 Ronaldo free-kick from 25-30 yards

4-1 Rooney Tap-in

4-2 Diouf Header

4-3 Diouf Pen

Ibrahimovich smashed a pen off the bar in the first half as well

Archived