Joey Barton

uni_don

Guest LondonScottish
City star arrested over assault.

This guy never seems to be out of the news - whether his brother is attacking black people with axes, he's baring his arse to thousands of Everton fans or assaulting taxi drivers. He may be a good footballer, but like Craig Bellamy, is he worth all the baggage?

Bit of a big difference between baring your arse or killing someone. Bit of a lout, but not as much of a c*nt as Bellamy. A very good all round player, actually quite underrated. Would probably be in the England team if he played for a more glamorous team.

Bit of a big difference between baring your arse or killing someone. Bit of a lout, but not as much of a c*nt as Bellamy. A very good all round player, actually quite underrated. Would probably be in the England team if he played for a more glamorous team.

I would say he is overrated , A class example of a player thinking he is better than he actually is.

Bit of a big difference between baring your arse or killing someone.

Of course, I never said there wasn't. It was just another story that had him in the news for the wrong reason. He's a good player, but he always seems to crop up with some sort of controversy.

Guest LondonScottish
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/6448713.stm

England players have told coach Steve McClaren not to pick Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton because of his attitude. (Daily Express)

laughing stock !!!!

The other England players are just embarrassed because Barton only said what everyone else was thinking regarding certain players biographies that came out just after a fairly unsuccessful world cup campaign. Wankers, England have a manager; He and he alone, should pick the team. All this wingeing player-power sucks.

Once again at the weekend Barton stood on an opposition players achilles when he appeared to rake his studs down Tugay's standing leg. And then right at the death he appeared to stamp on someone although this went unpunished. After the Mendes incident, that's three appalling challenges in the space of 6 weeks or so.

The guy has talent, but he's clearly got "issues". To be honest i think he's an animal, but i suppose if he's your animal then you appreciate him. He's lucky because he looks a star in a sinking ship, but he can't continue with this pish though, both on and off field misdemeanours. If he doesn't get himself sorted he'll be at Man City for life, and really, who wouldn't prefer a jail sentence to that..??

Archived