Recycling......

A new recycling policy has been rolled out in Aberdeenshire by the local authority whereby we've to dispose of cans and plastics in a new orange lidded bin, with waste cardboard and paper to be placed in a blue lidded bin, and any other shite goes in the black wheelie bin.

Put out the new bin for uplift and disposal this morning only to discover a ticket was placed on the bin handle and that the bin hadn't been emptied as recycled plastic packaging was found by the scaffie within the bin.

(I found another means of disposing of the contents).

When does a plastic by-product made of recycled materials become non-recyclable?🤔

6 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Wouldn't happen within the city limits 

It wouldn't have happened on my watch either min when I was a scaffie for 6 weeks during 2017, in between years 1 and 2 of a college I was undertaking at the time.

My first bin I disposed of was full of concrete. "Just get rid" was my mantra.

The scaffie who refused to uplift the waste just blanked me when I enquired politely as to what his reasons were for his refusal to uplift the refuse. I had a laugh with the scaffie driver of who I worked with about it though. A top lad.👍

I can't wait for the infestation of rats, mice, bluebottle flies, and other specimens that love foraging in litter and dog shite on the streets of Fraserburgh, due to the an employee of Aberdeenshire Council's refusal to uplift and dispose of waste.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It wouldn't have happened on my watch either min when I was a scaffie for 6 weeks during 2017, in between years 1 and 2 of a college I was undertaking at the time.

The scaffie who refused to uplift the waste just blanked me when I enquired politely as to what his reasons were for his refusal to uplift the refuse. I had a laugh with the scaffie driver of who I worked with about it though. A top lad.👍

I can't wait for the infestation of rats, mice, bluebottle flies, and other specimens that love foraging in litter and dog shite on the streets of Fraserburgh, due to the an employee of Aberdeenshire Council's refusal to uplift and dispose of waste.

Could I interest you in some asbestos to include within your next recycling bin deposit?

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I think this is the second thread you've started highlighting your own inability to recycle things properly. 

Your retrograde memory is better than my own it seems, so you could be right, as always.

However, I remember quizzing you in the style of Mastermind host, Clive Myrie, after a belittling remark you made about me trying to responsibly dispose of a form of polystyrene which the council had refused to uplift. Unbeknown to me at the time there are 3 types of polystyrene of which only two are recyclable.😄

I asked a simple valid question in my initial post which you've twisted to state I have a perceived iinability to recycle properly to make you feel better about yourself.

Out of curiosity, do you use general waste bins when you are away from home, or do you take home the waste accumulated when out and about and dispose of it in the bins Falkirk Council have allocated to your household?🤔

7 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Could I interest you in some asbestos to include within your next recycling bin deposit?

Certainly. Give me a shout min when the time arises and I'll be only to happen to help.👍

Or you could simply dig a hole within the confines of your nearest woods in the dead of the night and dispose of it that way then proceed to fill the hole created with the muck you have dug up. Job done.

Learned of this trick during my days at SEPA.😄

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Your retrograde memory is better than my own it seems, so you could be right, as always.

However, I remember quizzing you in the style of Mastermind host, Clive Myrie, after a belittling remark you made about me trying to responsibly dispose of a form of polystyrene which the council had refused to uplift. Unbeknown to me at the time there are 3 types of polystyrene of which only two are recyclable.😄

I asked a simple valid question in my initial post which you've twisted to state I have a perceived iinability to recycle properly to make you feel better about yourself.

Out of curiosity, do you use general waste bins when you are away from home, or do you take home the waste accumulated when out and about and dispose of it in the bins Falkirk Council have allocated to your household?🤔

So many words. So little said. 

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

According to you, so it must be right.

Well come on to fuck, min.

The vast majority of the country can manage to put the right stuff in the right bin. So when you come on here highlighting that you keep having issues with it, surely you expect a bit of a slagging? 

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The vast majority of the country can manage to put the right stuff in the right bin.

nah, i'm guessing that the majority of cunts in this country don't bother their arse and routinely put mixed waste in recycling bins

what is of peripheral interest is how the householder arranges their refuse bin at the kerbside

turn bin round so handle faces the road = consideration for the working man

push bin toward kerb but don't turn it round = selfish cunt

and notably, entire streets tend to follow the same pattern

ie.  80% of residents on any given street are either considerate or selfish

• Upvote 1

In ze Congo my Nordic European company force us to recycle into 4 separate bins even though Boyz 2 Men come along and empty all 4 bins into the same skip.

When this was highlighted we were told to continue putting waste into separate bins regardless what happened afterwards. As long as we're doing the right thing.

You can't get through to these arseholes.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's a load of nonsense. Are we really to believe if a rogue yoghurt pot gets into a paper bin the whole lot is wasted? 

Don’t worry, they keep the lids on fizzy drink bottles now. That should save us all.

9 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

When does a plastic by-product made of recycled materials become non-recyclable?🤔

my understanding is recycled plastic used for food purposes cant be recycled. so maybe they were used for food. and the polymers that make up plastic get broken down when recycled multiple times, so the quality is less each time, so less incentive to recycle them

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's a load of nonsense. Are we really to believe if a rogue yoghurt pot gets into a paper bin the whole lot is wasted? 

yes. it damages equipment at the factory and causes impurities in the recycled material. equipment and material development and production is sensitive. any little thing can cause impurities and cause damage. 

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

it gets sorted later

but for plastics, i think that's all that happens.  it gets flattened and shipped out to landfill or burned in the far east.  very little of it is recycled.

essentially, you're providing a sorting service in advance, which is fine by me

3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

In ze Congo my Nordic European company force us to recycle into 4 separate bins even though Boyz 2 Men come along and empty all 4 bins into the same skip.

When this was highlighted we were told to continue putting waste into separate bins regardless what happened afterwards. As long as we're doing the right thing.

You can't get through to these arseholes.

End of the recycling 

12 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Always love a new snippet of info into your life MAD. It makes for great reading, mustve been a helluva rollercoaster to live it! 

• Upvote 2