Recycling......

6 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Time for a round of Strike It Lucky Recycling.....

I had a McIntosh of Strathmore Lorne, Beans and Tatties ready meal earlier today. Delicious it was as well.

What bin should I put the (unrinsed) empty tray, and accompanying plastc film cover, which previously contained the lovely meal, in?

Top - Orange lidded bin;

Middle - Blue lidded bin, or;

Bottom - Black wheelie bin.

🤔

You should rinse it out and put the component parts in the right bins. 

Hardly fucking difficult tbh. 

• Dildo 1

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's fiddling while Rome burns Parkie. Pointless if countries with billions of people like India and China don't give a fuck. Makes educated liberals feel good about themselves mind you.

• Upvote 2
Just now, maryhilldon said:

It's fiddling while Rome burns Parkie. Pointless if countries with billions of people like India and China don't give a fuck. Makes educated liberals feel good about themselves mind you.

I agree that, in the grand scheme of things, it makes a minuscule difference. Although, given that it's absolutely no effort to do it, I don't see why folk wouldn't? 

Hopefully just makes less waste buried in my country though. I'd have thought that'd be something we'd all give a fuck about. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

given that it's absolutely no effort to do it, I don't see why folk wouldn't? 

Baseline mental health issues are endemic.  Folk have trouble getting their shit into a bin in the first place.   Overflowing black bin liners in the kitchen. Can't face it. The best they can do is tie a knot, throw it in the street and go back to their inner turmoil

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

However, Scottish Water have been advising the residents of our country to cut back on the use of water for a couple of years now...."Spending two minutes less in the shower helps to..." This implies our stocks of water are running low. 

So surely rinsing out food trays, cans, plastic bottles, etc. are (futile) acts against the advice of Scottish Water as, after all, our recycled waste is going into the back of a scaffie lorry, which is also used for the uplift and disposal of household waste, therefore the recycled waste will become contaminated upon contact with the surfaces of the lorry and be unfit for recycling thereafter?🤔

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

30p for a carrier bag. Probably the big supermarkets highest mark-up.

60p last time I was in Morrisons. Just as well I take Lidl bags with me now. That'll learn 'em :oldman2:

On 4/12/2024 at 7:42 AM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

However, Scottish Water have been advising the residents of our country to cut back on the use of water for a couple of years now...."Spending two minutes less in the shower helps to..." This implies our stocks of water are running low

If our stocks of water are low despite the near biblical rain we have had of late, then there is no chance of stocks being anything but low!