Recycling......

I refuse to recycle in the instructed manner in fact I deliberately go out of my way to put things in the wrong bins. Sorting through rubbish and dividing it up into different categories was the paid job of people at the tip. It gave them a sense of pride and put food on their families table.

Those people are now on the rock n roll because of this countries legions of weak willed sons of conformance. Just like self service tills at a supermarket the man has got us doing the work for him and we're doing it for free.

I didn't sign up to be a slave. Did you?

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I refuse to recycle in the instructed manner in fact I deliberately go out of my way to put things in the wrong bins. Sorting through rubbish and dividing it up into different categories was the paid job of people at the tip. It gave them a sense of pride and put food on their families table.

Those people are now on the rock n roll because of this countries legions of weak willed sons of conformance. Just like self service tills at a supermarket the man has got us doing the work for him and we're doing it for free.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Some may have differing opinions on what slavery actually entailed, I am pretty sure scanning a tin of beans doesn’t constitute.😂😂

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Well come on to fuck, min.

The vast majority of the country can manage to put the right stuff in the right bin. So when you come on here highlighting that you keep having issues with it, surely you expect a bit of a slagging? 

It's up to the responder to my quotes/questions if they wish to give me a slagging or not. Wherher I expect a slagging or not is irrelevant.

Ultimately, it is at the discretion of the refuse collector on duty whether or not they wish to uplift and dispose of the waste or not, regardless of the bin It's in.

It's as though some scaffies are on commission for each bins they refuse to uplift and give a ticket to. I worked with one who was exactly like that.

9 hours ago, madjockmcferson said:

my understanding is recycled plastic used for food purposes cant be recycled. so maybe they were used for food. and the polymers that make up plastic get broken down when recycled multiple times, so the quality is less each time, so less incentive to recycle them

That makes sense min.

However, the scaffie is not to know the density of recycled materials used to make plastic packaging/protective packaging in any waste bin when working instinctively and swiftly, therefore are unable to make a rational decision to substantiate their reasons for refusing to uplift and dispose of the contents of a bin. 

The protective packaging which was made of 50% recycled materials (going by what was emblaxoned on it), which formed the basis of his refusal, possibly was made of new recyclable plastic as well. 

It's nae though they carry a testing kit around on their person to detect any perceived wrongful disposal of waste, like the ones border force staff use in airports to test for potential narcotics being smuggled in.

9 hours ago, dave_min said:

Don’t worry, they keep the lids on fizzy drink bottles now. That should save us all.

Funnily enough I said the exact same thing yesterday when shopping in oor local ASDA.

Once upon a time there was a giant called Jack (sorry :offtopic:), plastic bottle tops had to be separated from plastic bottles as the tops were deemed to be non-recyclable and tetra-pak plastic cartons was also on the council's fairytale list of non-recyclable items.

Now magically both plastic bottles tops and tetra-pak are now classed as recyclable materials. 🤔

How did the local authorities reach their past and present decisions on the above? 

11 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

In ze Congo my Nordic European company force us to recycle into 4 separate bins even though Boyz 2 Men come along and empty all 4 bins into the same skip.

When this was highlighted we were told to continue putting waste into separate bins regardless what happened afterwards. As long as we're doing the right thing.

You can't get through to these arseholes.

We tried to stop the single use paper coffee cups to save the planet, but the brothers looted all the mugs and teaspoons so we're back to paper cups again.

• Haha 1

Time for a round of Strike It Lucky Recycling.....

I had a McIntosh of Strathmore Lorne, Beans and Tatties ready meal earlier today. Delicious it was as well.

What bin should I put the (unrinsed) empty tray, and accompanying plastc film cover, which previously contained the lovely meal, in?

Top - Orange lidded bin;

Middle - Blue lidded bin, or;

Bottom - Black wheelie bin.

🤔

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I had a McIntosh of Strathmore Lorne, Beans and Tatties ready meal earlier today. Delicious it was as well.

What bin should I put the (unrinsed) empty tray, and accompanying plastc film cover, which previously contained the lovely meal, in?

Top - Orange lidded bin;

🤔

Neighbour’s.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Top - Orange lidded bin;

🤔

Throw it in the sea 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Throw it in the sea 

Was up your old stomping grounds recently, the river averon was quite clear of rubbish, nice to see - until we came into the town of Alness.

Must be a load of money in the salmon fishing there with all the weir / pools built for it  - plenty of fisherman's howfs as well, nae bins outside them though so I dont know what they do with their empty tinnies, doubt they chucked them in the river. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, the seas and oceans of our planet are getting even bigger to accommodate our garbage due to melting of the ice caps, if you believe David Attenborough, Greenpeace, Insulate Britain, Just Stop Oil, Extinction Rebellion, and Swampy.

Its just a balance though as the Arabs are infilling the sea, creating land to build palm tree estates on  - they fill in the sea to create land so the sea just takes back some land from elsewhere - nothing to do with ice caps melting

4 minutes ago, sigh said:

Its just a balance though as the Arabs are infilling the sea, creating land to build palm tree estates on  - they fill in the sea to create land so the sea just takes back some land from elsewhere - nothing to do with ice caps melting

Good point and counter argument min.👍

The Arabs are nae to be trusted.