The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

32 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Will be interesting to see how we go about announcing this move if he’s not gonna be here for another 7 weeks. The club will want it announced to boost season ticket sales.

Weird situation. Wonder how much more it would cost to get him in earlier, seems odd not to try and get things sorted pronto.

And another 24 hours pass without any concrete evidence or news that Jimmy is taking the job. 

Conjecture and speculation with very little substance at present. He's either agreed or he's not it really is that simple. The finer points can be ironed out but the disdain and blatant disregard of the paying fans during this whole process has been evident.

Sums up the tenure to date under Dave Cormack.

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

So bbc scotland news away to do a piece on "the man set to be the next Aberdeen manager".

I probably won't lose the fear that it's going to be Lennon until this Thelin bam has signed the contract and managed us for 12 months. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

I am not sure whether bebo was taking the mick or not

I think he was, but hope not

@Bebo can you confirm please,  as im ready 

Exciting times, presumably all Gold Members will get a similar single use ban hammer.

Just imagine how we could clean the site up then?

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

All these songs appearing, all very thoughtful and trying to be cool.

We all know the bog standard "oh Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy jimmy jimmy jimmy The-ee-lin" or

"Jimmy T's Barmy Army" and repeat will stick

“Jimmy Jimmy get to fuck”

(repeat)

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

And another 24 hours pass without any concrete evidence or news that Jimmy is taking the job. 

Conjecture and speculation with very little substance at present. He's either agreed or he's not it really is that simple. The finer points can be ironed out but the disdain and blatant disregard of the paying fans during this whole process has been evident.

Sums up the tenure to date under Dave Cormack.

Would be unusual for the BBC, The Sun, The Daly Record & the P&J to report it if it wasn't pretty certain.

12 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

It seems he feels he owes it to his current club not to leave them in the lurch.

Which is a positive sign. An honourable man is a good start. Let's just hope if the rumours are true about him being our man, that Elfsborg get their new management in quickly and maybe we can turn the screw then to get him in before pre-season. Whoever the new man is really needs to be able to see the current squad playing for real.

1 minute ago, a don in oz said:

Which is a positive sign. An honourable man is a good start. Let's just hope if the rumours are true about him being our man, that Elfsborg get their new management in quickly and maybe we can turn the screw then to get him in before pre-season. Whoever the new man is really needs to be able to see the current squad playing for real.

We need him to see Shayden Morris this season so he never considers playing him next season.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Would be unusual for the BBC, The Sun, The Daly Record & the P&J to report it if it wasn't pretty certain.

Yeah, this is where I've got frustrated with some people on twitter who refuse to believe anything that's said until the club announce something. By this point, you know who's reliable enough and if there's several reasonable(ish) sources all saying the same thing then it's clear that something's happening.

On the flip side, there's plenty of parody accounts and agent this that who guess/make things up. People then say no smoke without fire but they've literally just come away with some nonsense. Bit like when we were supposedly on the verge of signing Danny Armstrong if Duk left on deadline day. Something that appeared to stem from pie in the sky from a rogue twitter account and was never realistic.

Anyway, sorry to sidetrack a bit. Hopefully JT on board soon or at least an announcement so everyone knows where we stand. If it's Level until summer with Jimmy watching from afar or whatever, that can sometimes spur on a team knowing the new man is watching and they've got to prove themselves to someone who won't know very much about them

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Yep.  Agree that’s it is likely to be all agreed in principal.  It does sound like he wants to do the honourable thing and wait until his current club have found a replacement.   Also need to factor in that he and his coaches will also require work permits that can take a bit of time.  I’ve criticised the club a lot over last few months but willing to give them benefit of doubt on this.  I am sure once they can, they will announce it.  

5 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Yep.  Agree that’s it is likely to be all agreed in principal.  It does sound like he wants to do the honourable thing and wait until his current club have found a replacement.   Also need to factor in that he and his coaches will also require work permits that can take a bit of time.  I’ve criticised the club a lot over last few months but willing to give them benefit of doubt on this.  I am sure once they can, they will announce it.  

This is the sort of stage that I'd have expected things to be at when we're told 'things are at an advanced stage with an appointment of a new manager' so I'd say this clearly points to there being more than we were publicly told about the Warnock situation as we hit 5 weeks since his departure and the above quote.

Pleased if we've bided our time and got our number 1 target rather than the likes of Lennon or whoever so credit on one hand if they get it done, but shambles all around the journey to get there