The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

11 minutes ago, florin_raducioiu said:

This is the sort of stage that I'd have expected things to be at when we're told 'things are at an advanced stage with an appointment of a new manager' so I'd say this clearly points to there being more than we were publicly told about the Warnock situation as we hit 5 weeks since his departure and the above quote.

Pleased if we've bided our time and got our number 1 target rather than the likes of Lennon or whoever so credit on one hand if they get it done, but shambles all around the journey to get there

Suspect until we are mathematically safe from the relegation play off position, neither the club or Thelin will want to confirm anything. 

2 minutes ago, G man said:

Suspect until we are mathematically safe from the relegation play off position, neither the club or Thelin will want to confirm anything. 

I'd like to think that's not the case. 7 clear just now and even best case scenario of that being 10 with 5 to play, you're still looking at 2 weeks on Saturday until we can be confirmed as 100% safe. You're into May if we don't increase the points gap in the next game or two. The patience of the fans will run out.

Are we suggesting he won't take the job if we were to go down? That would leave us in a pickle to say the least. I think we'll be safe enough now so this can be treated as unlikely if not impossible still.

1 minute ago, florin_raducioiu said:

I'd like to think that's not the case. 7 clear just now and even best case scenario of that being 10 with 5 to play, you're still looking at 2 weeks on Saturday until we can be confirmed as 100% safe. You're into May if we don't increase the points gap in the next game or two. The patience of the fans will run out.

Are we suggesting he won't take the job if we were to go down? That would leave us in a pickle to say the least. I think we'll be safe enough now so this can be treated as unlikely if not impossible still.

I do not think for one minute he would take the job if we were relegated and l do not think the club would pay the same salary to an incoming manager if we were relegated. Do not think it will happen but can understand why nothing has been confirmed.

1 minute ago, G man said:

I do not think for one minute he would take the job if we were relegated and l do not think the club would pay the same salary to an incoming manager if we were relegated. Do not think it will happen but can understand why nothing has been confirmed.

I agree on him not taking it if we go down although it sounds like his replacement is on the verge of being lined up so could be a bit of a knock on effect overall. All eggs in the JT basket and like I say, I expect us to stay up anyway so hadn't really thought of this as a potential stumbling block.

I reckon it'll get to the point where there's too much outside noise about it being agreed that the club will simply have to announce it

Would really like him in before end of season so he can see who can operate in his style. Going to be a massive turnover of players yet again so the sooner we start working on his style of player the better. No sure thing in football but this us the exact type of manager we should have appointed after Mcinnes. While it has been shambolic from start to finish if we can somehow get our no1 target Cormack and co deserve a fair bit of credit. Just need to announce it 1 way or another so everyone knows where they are at. Really excited about next season if we do land Thelin.

4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Ideally in asap but he can use full scouting methods to work out our squad plus see training videos 

Yeah there is that but he’s got another club to manage. Excited none the less! 

I wonder what Stewart and co on sportsound will have to say. Will the club get applauded for appointing a manager on an upward trajectory or will they be ridiculed because he doesn’t know the Scottish game? 

• Admin
13 hours ago, Millertime said:

I am not sure whether bebo was taking the mick or not

I think he was, but hope not

@Bebo can you confirm please,  as im ready 

Just let me know when you want to use your 24 hour wildcard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Might be held up at other end as Elfsborg linked replacement Oscar Hiljemark has games with current club AaB until June 2nd and are sitting top of the Danish First Division so they might try to hold on to him until their promotion (or not) is decided

14 minutes ago, RDS said:

Might be held up at other end as Elfsborg linked replacement Oscar Hiljemark has games with current club AaB until June 2nd and are sitting top of the Danish First Division so they might try to hold on to him until their promotion (or not) is decided

How about we complete the triangle and ship AaB Barry Robson as their replacement for Hiljemark

34 minutes ago, RDS said:

17 points clear of 3rd too, should wrap  up promotion in a game or two

20 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I expect he might change his mind from simply watching today’s game. Where on earth do you start with this squad.

Thelin has known about the Aberdeen job since Goodwin was sacked. Do you really think it's taken him all this time to realise we're not very good?

20 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Thelin has known about the Aberdeen job since Goodwin was sacked. Do you really think it's taken him all this time to realise we're not very good?

Doubtful he’s watched a full game. I think he will be surprised at how shite we are. I know it surprises me after missing a game and forgetting how bad we are.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RUL said:

Doubtful he’s watched a full game. I think he will be surprised at how shite we are. I know it surprises me after missing a game and forgetting how bad we are.

Probably watched us against the Swedes & thinks we have 26 shots on goal most games