The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why do I have to listen?  I don't recall making a guess on what his value could be, I guess we'll get over 5m for him, the real value will be in add ons, I also wouldn't be surprised if Miovski and the club already know where he's going so it doesn't matter what I think or what other no mark fans on a forum think.

It’s weird as fuck right? Like he’s desperate for us to get less money for him so he can try and prove he’s right about something. 

I mean, I know it’s for attention but surely it’s about time the mods did something as it’s just spamming now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minijc said:

It's a bit naïve to think only 3 or 4 new signings would make a difference, that number was what we needed in Jan, now it's approaching the summer and it's very obvious that we need a whole new defence along with a new midfield.

If that's aimed at me that's not really what I meant - 4 good signings (minimum) as in pay fees for. Supplement.that with free transfers like Jason Kerr or similar  standard and what we have in the squad.

I agree it will take a few windows though to get everything in place and even that is dependent on us not losing any "new signings" in the future.

22 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

If that's aimed at me that's not really what I meant - 4 good signings (minimum) as in pay fees for. Supplement.that with free transfers like Jason Kerr or similar  standard and what we have in the squad.

I agree it will take a few windows though to get everything in place and even that is dependent on us not losing any "new signings" in the future.

No it's aimed at the folk saying we should only sign 3 or 4 good players.  This window is the most important one in a long time, we need to be smart with free and load transfers as well as spending good fees on the right type of player.

I honestly can't believe some folk think we're only 3 or 4 players short, we're away to get a manager who plays a totally different style to what most of our players are capable of playing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, G man said:

That is exactly what you said!!! Read your bloody post. Again you resort to insults. How can you have a conversation with the likes of you who resorts to insults when people dare to have different opinions to you. 

I didn’t say that. I said with Levens form we would be top 6. It’s two different things.

Thats not an insult if you literally aren’t reading what I’m saying. 

Robson fucked our season because he’s a shit manager. It is what it is.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s weird as fuck right? Like he’s desperate for us to get less money for him so he can try and prove he’s right about something. 

I mean, I know it’s for attention but surely it’s about time the mods did something as it’s just spamming now

He’s been burned with this before too. 

6 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s the most simplistic take on matters yet you are calling me thick?

I don’t think this went quite how you thought it would.

It went exactly how I thought it would. I knew you wouldn't get it.

Shame, because sometimes you do actually make good posts, like when you're putting Millertime in his place. You should stick to doing that.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

No it's aimed at the folk saying we should only sign 3 or 4 good players.  This window is the most important one in a long time, we need to be smart with free and load transfers as well as spending good fees on the right type of player.

I honestly can't believe some folk think we're only 3 or 4 players short, we're away to get a manager who plays a totally different style to what most of our players are capable of playing.

It is both frightening and depressing that we've been saying that every six months for the last three years and it is true every time.

Assuming all the OOC players are leaving and the players we assume will be sold are indeed punted, we're looking at 8 or 9 signings minimum who are either first XI or expect to get on the pitch at some point during the regulation 90 minutes.  

I'm hoping with Jimmy T's rep for giving youth a chance that we see the likes of Bavidge and his cohort given more opportunities and they rise to the occasion.

22 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

It is both frightening and depressing that we've been saying that every six months for the last three years and it is true every time.

Assuming all the OOC players are leaving and the players we assume will be sold are indeed punted, we're looking at 8 or 9 signings minimum who are either first XI or expect to get on the pitch at some point during the regulation 90 minutes.  

I'm hoping with Jimmy T's rep for giving youth a chance that we see the likes of Bavidge and his cohort given more opportunities and they rise to the occasion.

To give the youth a chance would be great however we need a settled first team to help them develop

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Gk

Defence

Couple of wide attackers 

Bojan replacement.

That’s a minimum of 8.

Hopefully a couple of prospects make the leap. Bavidge, Carroll and the other one who scores fairly regularly. Let Jimmy do his thing.

Central midfield is weak as fuck, we definitely need someone new in there 

11 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Start > Shut down or sign out > Shutdown

Why don't you just switch off your laptop and go outside and do something less boring instead.......?

🙏  please,  don't let it be the norn iron edition. those accents haunt me still 

• Dildo 1
5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

We’ll see what happens. Based on 30+ seasons of watching Aberdeen, if we signed 10 players in summer I’d be happy and surprised if as many of 5 of them are good. Would also have the matter of moving on several players, probably having to pay them off. 

Or just add a few players, pay them more cause save money not paying anyone else off and BUILD the team. 

goalie, centre back, centre mid & at least 1 winger. 

I don’t think miovski will leave in summer. I don’t think we’ll get any decent bids as his value has probably dropped. We’ll see!

Totally agree in respect to Miovski , the past 8, 9 games including the potential OG he was credited for along with the fact we’ve been crap over this period will without doubt have an impact on his valuation.. More than likely we’ll get a few offers but these will unfortunately be extremely far from what we could have expected if both the team and his goals hadn’t become sparse.

A the end of the day our fall from grace will have an impact on his transfer valuation 

would love for him to sign a contract extension ( with caveats to his best interest) see if Thelin can get an even better tune out of him and the team.  
I think Colgate would snap your hand off  now for 2-3 million.. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
15 hours ago, minijc said:

It's a bit naïve to think only 3 or 4 new signings would make a difference, that number was what we needed in Jan, now it's approaching the summer and it's very obvious that we need a whole new defence along with a new midfield.

I think it’s naive to want to sign 10 players using the data in one window and expecting it to be anything other than a fucking shambles. I think there is every chance we WILL sign about 10 - but if we do I expect there to be 6 or more who are like Morris, Richardson, Gueye, mcgarry or Israeli man. 

Why not just focus on 3 or 4 key areas and get the a manager to have a proper look? We don’t need a whole new defence McKenzie and devlin will do next season. Few key signings and we are easily beating killie / st mirren etc. we don’t need to push the old firm in one window. 

Look at when Sir Derek came in. Aberdeen had finished 9th 9th 9th 8th and were dire. Signed Robson and Flood and what a difference they made. He was still having to play likes of Shaughnessy, Robertson, Low, Magennis in the meantime. 

added Rooney and Logan in January. 

Taylor added in summer, McLean in January. Shinnie the next summer. 

not saying that’s all he signed by any means!! There were some shockers along the way. My point is we need to be patient. Not every problem can be solved in 1 window. Otherwise we’ll blow our money paying off players, bringing in a few equally shit replacements, then sack Thelin in March cause everyone has shat their pants again. 

anyway not up to us so let’s see. Still time for it to be John Hughes yet 

• Upvote 4

Miovski's loss of form due to the rest of the team being shite might actually work in our favour a wee bit.  He might stick around another year and if Thelin turns out to be good, sell him end of next year when we are flying again.

10 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

Miovski's loss of form due to the rest of the team being shite might actually work in our favour a wee bit.  He might stick around another year and if Thelin turns out to be good, sell him end of next year when we are flying again.

Think we need the money this summer 😅

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think it’s naive to want to sign 10 players using the data in one window and expecting it to be anything other than a fucking shambles. I think there is every chance we WILL sign about 10 - but if we do I expect there to be 6 or more who are like Morris, Richardson, Gueye, mcgarry or Israeli man. 

Why not just focus on 3 or 4 key areas and get the a manager to have a proper look? We don’t need a whole new defence McKenzie and devlin will do next season. Few key signings and we are easily beating killie / st mirren etc. we don’t need to push the old firm in one window. 

Look at when Sir Derek came in. Aberdeen had finished 9th 9th 9th 8th and were dire. Signed Robson and Flood and what a difference they made. He was still having to play likes of Shaughnessy, Robertson, Low, Magennis in the meantime. 

added Rooney and Logan in January. 

Taylor added in summer, McLean in January. Shinnie the next summer. 

not saying that’s all he signed by any means!! There were some shockers along the way. My point is we need to be patient. Not every problem can be solved in 1 window. Otherwise we’ll blow our money paying off players, bringing in a few equally shit replacements, then sack Thelin in March cause everyone has shat their pants again. 

anyway not up to us so let’s see. Still time for it to be John Hughes yet 

I think you are misremembering as we also signed Hector, Weaver, Zola and Wylde, biggest difference between now and then is that the side McInnes inherited had a better spine to it.

I also think people are underestimating the change in style that's going to happen with Thelin, there's also nothing in our squad to go "oh he could kick on next season" so already we are limited with what we can do when the starting players aren't at their best.

Looking at the squad I think it's safe to assume that Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Duk, Hoilett and Miovski will move in the summer, we simply do not have the squad to then only sign 3 or 4 key players, especially when as you say above guys like Gueye, Morris, Richardson and McGarry are not good enough, you can't then expect them to turn into good players that can contribute enough.

On Thelins style of play he likes to have wingers we don't really have any, our midfielders don't appear to be capable of playing his pressing style, along with that style comes injuries too, there's no way our squad is good or deep enough for it.

46 minutes ago, minijc said:

I think you are misremembering as we also signed Hector, Weaver, Zola and Wylde, biggest difference between now and then is that the side McInnes inherited had a better spine to it.

I also think people are underestimating the change in style that's going to happen with Thelin, there's also nothing in our squad to go "oh he could kick on next season" so already we are limited with what we can do when the starting players aren't at their best.

Looking at the squad I think it's safe to assume that Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Duk, Hoilett and Miovski will move in the summer, we simply do not have the squad to then only sign 3 or 4 key players, especially when as you say above guys like Gueye, Morris, Richardson and McGarry are not good enough, you can't then expect them to turn into good players that can contribute enough.

On Thelins style of play he likes to have wingers we don't really have any, our midfielders don't appear to be capable of playing his pressing style, along with that style comes injuries too, there's no way our squad is good or deep enough for it.

Not forgetting those signings, I did reference it in my post. 

but fair enough post. Maybe somewhere in between is required. I just don’t think we need to buy a whole new defence midfield attack in one window. And if we do, I think it’ll be a fucking shambles. 

excited to see which type of shambles we go for this time 

I think we'll need to sign 8 - 10 players in Summer to make up for those moving on due to end of contract (perm and loan) and if Duk and Miovski are sold.

Also worth noting that most of the Scandinavian leagues (Denmark the exception) finish their season at the end of the year, so these players become out of contract at the start of the January window.  We might see more activity then as Thelin seeks to bring in players he is familiar with.

11 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

I think Colgate would snap your hand off  now for 2-3 million.. 

No chance.

I don't think the £10m plus valuations that a few on here thought we'd get were ever realistic but he is a regular starter at international level and he has got goals (thank fuck someone has) for a piss poor side last season that got us a lucrative European place out of nowhere and one that's incredibly even worse this season.

He's a £5m player all day long, if we could get 2 or 3 sides into a bidding war we could possibly get it up to maybe £7m and as someone else said, we should make a decent return on him in future years with the potential add-ons we will insert into any deal.

28 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think we'll need to sign 8 - 10 players in Summer to make up for those moving on due to end of contract (perm and loan) and if Duk and Miovski are sold.

Also worth noting that most of the Scandinavian leagues (Denmark the exception) finish their season at the end of the year, so these players become out of contract at the start of the January window.  We might see more activity then as Thelin seeks to bring in players he is familiar with.

Roos, Doohan, Barron, Duk, Hoilett, Gartenmann will all most likely leave and need to b replaced. Not to mention the other players who have not been good enough (Devlin, McKenzie, Jensen at least).

We'll need at the very least 8 new players in, with 5, at least, of those being starters.

42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No chance.

I don't think the £10m plus valuations that a few on here thought we'd get were ever realistic but he is a regular starter at international level and he has got goals (thank fuck someone has) for a piss poor side last season that got us a lucrative European place out of nowhere and one that's incredibly even worse this season.

He's a £5m player all day long, if we could get 2 or 3 sides into a bidding war we could possibly get it up to maybe £7m and as someone else said, we should make a decent return on him in future years with the potential add-ons we will insert into any deal.

Been told we will get over 5m for him. But that was when he was on a hot streak. Will his current form effect that?

44 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No chance.

“International level” is a funny one isn’t it.  You can go away on an international break and on the Friday you are playing against mbappe and griezemann and then on the Tuesday you can be playing against a PE teacher and a joiner. 

Macedonia tend to be in the pot closer to the joiner. 

He’s a class act though. So I agree - 5 mil + add ons is surely the least we’d accept 

You boys are aff your heeds, thank fuck you aren't in charge of transfer negotiations.

We got just shy of £5 million for a crocked full back that had played about 25 first team games.

Loadsa bunse coming our way when Bojan leaves.