The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

On 4/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, redone said:

I wonder how many foreigners with no previous personal experience of Scottish football have been successful in Scotland  …..excluding , for obvious reasons,  those employed by the arse cheeks 

You 100% read the Daily Record and/or The Scottish Sun.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

You boys are aff your heeds, thank fuck you aren't in charge of transfer negotiations.

We got just shy of £5 million for a crocked full back that had played about 25 first team games.

Loadsa bunse coming our way when Bojan leaves.

Yeah I’m sure clubs will look at that example and think wow what a bargain that was! 

9 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

People saying the announcement was going to be today obviously didn't check the fixture list. Elfsborg playing Hammarby tongiht.

I'm assuming people claiming this are basing it solely on the fact Leven mentioned a meeting on Monday morning. 

43 minutes ago, Bridgeofdondon said:

I'm assuming people claiming this are basing it solely on the fact Leven mentioned a meeting on Monday morning. 

It’s all gone silent from within pittodrie.   After Theilen decides to stay in Sweden, after watching another white flag showing against Dundee. 

15 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Any chance AN can scupper the show.

Asking for a friend ....Honest.😆

Not unless Aberdeen is suddenly and magically transposed to a location that is south of the Scotland/England border. The further south of it the better.

And the club finds itself allowed to play in EFL1 (at worst) next season.

I'd be telling your "friend" to move on from any ideas of Alex Neil managing us any time soon. The only job he'd take in Scotland right now (and it's one that won't be happening as they won't be interested in him no matter if their current manager resigns in the summer) is the Celtic job.

If he remains without a job this time next season he might be forced into changing his ideas but right now he'd take a job at Exeter or Charlton (it comes up every few months so watch this space) in preference to us

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not unless Aberdeen is suddenly and magically transposed to a location that is south of the Scotland/England border. The further south of it the better.

And the club finds itself allowed to play in EFL1 (at worst) next season.

I'd be telling your "friend" to move on from any ideas of Alex Neil managing us any time soon. The only job he'd take in Scotland right now (and it's one that won't be happening as they won't be interested in him no matter if their current manager resigns in the summer) is the Celtic job.

If he remains without a job this time next season he might be forced into changing his ideas but right now he'd take a job at Exeter or Charlton (it comes up every few months so watch this space) in preference to us

Wouldn't tak him in a lucky bug.

Fucking Alex Neil 🥱

I really can't see anything being announced when they have a game tonight. 

Hopefully tomorrow we will get confirmation.

As much as we're all desperate to know 100% the clubs will probably be trying to manage it in the best manner for both parties. 

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

No chance.

I don't think the £10m plus valuations that a few on here thought we'd get were ever realistic but he is a regular starter at international level and he has got goals (thank fuck someone has) for a piss poor side last season that got us a lucrative European place out of nowhere and one that's incredibly even worse this season.

He's a £5m player all day long, if we could get 2 or 3 sides into a bidding war we could possibly get it up to maybe £7m and as someone else said, we should make a decent return on him in future years with the potential add-ons we will insert into any deal.

Hope so .