The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

7 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

He probably did exist but he definitely didn't perform any of the hocus pocus they wrote about in the good book. I reckon he was just a fairly normal bloke that liked a spot of hiking.  

Did Jesus pick our team at the weekend though?

9 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Players have chucked it, Elfsborg will be on the phone to Dave in the morning to rearrange Thelin’s departure.

It never works out well when a club announces the departure of a manager weeks or months in advance.

All joking aside, Dave Cormack should maybe phone his Elfsborg counterpart tomorrow

Maybe best for all to get it done this week.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:
3 hours ago, Helmet said:

It never works out well when a club announces the departure of a manager weeks or months in advance.

Aye, seems like a strange way to go about things from an Elfsborg point of view. Players will have not much motivation to play for a manager and coaching staff who will be offski in a few weeks. Especially when they know who the new manager is anyway.

Surely better to put one of their remaining coaches or even their U18s manager in charge as at least they will be part of the setup in some capacity next season.

8 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Plane? Fuck that. He arrives by viking longship or we riot. Are you with me. 

Seems like a lifetime ago "are you with me" was here, beginning to wonder if it was just an illusion . In a few years time most of us will probably have forgotten Warnock's "bit of fun, bit of a laugh" spell ever happened.

I am with you though, Viking longship sounds the way to go. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Seems like a lifetime ago "are you with me" was here, beginning to wonder if it was just an illusion . In a few years time most of us will probably have forgotten Warnock's "bit of fun, bit of a laugh" spell ever happened.

I am with you though, Viking longship sounds the way to go. 

"Who managed Aberdeen for just 32 days in 2024?" will start to appear in the sports round of pub quizzes in a few years time, just when you'd hoped you'd forgotten all about it.

• Haha 1