The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

17 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It never works out well when a club announces the departure of a manager weeks or months in advance.

All joking aside, Dave Cormack should maybe phone his Elfsborg counterpart tomorrow

Maybe best for all to get it done this week.

Aye just ask Liverpool fans

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The west coast media stoking up Jimmy’s bad run of form in Sweden. This just accentuates the requirement to bring him in here next week

Tam English didn’t? Said he signed a contract for June, what’s everyone’s problem, it was Stewart that had the issue, but he will, as he was made a cunt out of in recent weeks, so regardless he will have a problem with thelin anyway. Seeing as his pals got overlooked for the job

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The west coast media stoking up Jimmy’s bad run of form in Sweden. This just accentuates the requirement to bring him in here next week

I wouldn’t say they were “stoking it up”

They rightly pointed out that when a manager announces he’s leaving months in advance, results generally drop off.

Elfsborg’s have, losing to low ranked teams in the Swedish league. 

They cited Liverpool as a good example.

Seemed fair enough to me. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wouldn’t say they were “stoking it up”

They rightly pointed out that when a manager announces he’s leaving months in advance, results generally drop off.

Elfsborg’s have, losing to low ranked teams in the Swedish league. 

They cited Liverpool as a good example.

Seemed fair enough to me. 

Not sure about that. The inference was there. McIntyre said it was 4 games he’d lost too. Fuck em all

These last 2 games have seen us playing a lot more football than previously this season. is it possible Thelin has already had an influence, remotely?

26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Not sure about that. The inference was there. McIntyre said it was 4 games he’d lost too. Fuck em all

These last 2 games have seen us playing a lot more football than previously this season. is it possible Thelin has already had an influence, remotely?

I don’t think Thelin will have had too much of an influence.

I remember Leven said in a post match interview after we’d played a decent game that he wanted us to be a better footballing team as we don’t have the team to be anything else, insinuating he didn’t agree with Robson’s hoofball (& that was before Thelin was announced.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be watching the games & speaking to Leven though 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

heard today (via someone who knows someone who knows him!) that Derek McInnes was offered the job twice in the last few months. Glad he said no, if true. 

Offering a contracted manager a job without agreeing release terms with his current club first? And not just once, but twice??

I'd have thought the SFA would have something to say about that. Involving a hefty transfer of wonga from AFC to their bank account. Accompanied by 2 letters warning AFC about their future conduct regarding approaching managers of other clubs.

That is, of course, if it actually happened. Which I doubt.

• Dildo 1
56 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Offering a contracted manager a job without agreeing release terms with his current club first? And not just once, but twice??

I'd have thought the SFA would have something to say about that. Involving a hefty transfer of wonga from AFC to their bank account. Accompanied by 2 letters warning AFC about their future conduct regarding approaching managers of other clubs.

That is, of course, if it actually happened. Which I doubt.

You're such a boring bastard 😂

55 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not entirely true but a couple of people, one of whom in a position of 'power' wanted him back, nae that it matters now.

If Stewart Milne can still be considered as someone in a ‘position of power’ then there is no prizes for guessing who wanted him back.

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Not entirely true but a couple of people, one of whom in a position of 'power' wanted him back, nae that it matters now.

😂 You've already released the name, no point locking the stable door now.

Edit: Actually maybe you didn't, think someone else told me. I apologise friend.

• Like 1