The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

I think him remaining with Elfsburg until June has massively backfired with their current form. As some have said, he should have been here now. Assessing the squad is paramount to us getting ahead of recruitment drive. Time will tell if this has an impact going forward. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Elfsborg playing tonight at 6pm.

Still not entirely clear to me why Thelin remains as their manager.

It would be VERY funny if they lost again, especially with us paying a fortune in compo for a manager who is on a sack worthy run.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I think him remaining with Elfsburg until June has massively backfired with their current form. As some have said, he should have been here now. Assessing the squad is paramount to us getting ahead of recruitment drive. Time will tell if this has an impact going forward. 

Backfired for who? Maybe for Elfsborg but who cares about that. People are reading too much in to it. Do you not think he's already assessing and speaking to the club regularly? 

48 minutes ago, minijc said:

It would be VERY funny if they lost again, especially with us paying a fortune in compo for a manager who is on a sack worthy run.

4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws in last ten games.  Nae sure that's sack worthy? 😆

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws in last ten games.  Nae sure that's sack worthy? 😆

40% win rate for a team ‘expecting’ to be challenging for the league/cups. That is definitely ‘sack worthy’ 🤔

I don’t expect us to be challenging for league & that win rate is still not good enough but it most likely would be for our FMB after the shitshow they’ve made of things since they became a thing

28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

40% win rate for a team ‘expecting’ to be challenging for the league/cups. That is definitely ‘sack worthy’ 🤔

I don’t expect us to be challenging for league & that win rate is still not good enough but it most likely would be for our FMB after the shitshow they’ve made of things since they became a thing

Getting the sack after losing 4 games in 10 would be extremely harsh after losing the league on goal difference

31 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

40% win rate with us would put up there with our most successful 'permanent' managers in the past 30 years (only McInnes would have a significantly higher win percentage).

As an Aberdeen fan I want Thelin over to watch our next four games and assess our squad now rather than in league cup next season. If I was an Efsborg fan and we are not winning games again I would want the new manager in. It was described as loyalty to Efsborg that he would stay until June but if its to the detriment of both clubs surely the start date can be re set .

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Backfired for who? Maybe for Elfsborg but who cares about that. People are reading too much in to it. Do you not think he's already assessing and speaking to the club regularly? 

Please do not speak sense online.

”Aye, I’ll take the new job but I’ve got to work my notice period” - why does nae cunt understand this.

59 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

40/20/40 W/D/L split puts it at 1.4 points per game average, better than our last 4 seasons and we finished 3rd last year. Although that same points total would only get us 5th this season.

2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

He maybe assessing from afar but surely you will agree its not the same as watching them in training and seeing if they can play to your required systems. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, minijc said:

Pointless to analyse their current form though given his current position and pending exit is likely to have a big influence on recent results.  

5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

40% win rate with us would put up there with our most successful 'permanent' managers in the past 30 years (only McInnes would have a significantly higher win percentage).

So 40% is pretty damn bland shite then like I say 

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Getting the sack after losing 4 games in 10 would be extremely harsh after losing the league on goal difference

Only as good as latest games 😉

5 hours ago, 20two20 said:

40/20/40 W/D/L split puts it at 1.4 points per game average, better than our last 4 seasons and we finished 3rd last year. Although that same points total would only get us 5th this season.

Again. Not a great record for a team ‘expecting’ to challenge for title & cups. So his record so far this season is shite 🤷

• Dildo 2
13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Again. Not a great record for a team ‘expecting’ to challenge for title & cups. So his record so far this season is shite 🤷

Screenshot-20240429-173423-Samsung-Inter

Don't talk fucking shite.

Equivalent to Dundee losing a title decider to Celtic then being back in 7th at the start of the following season. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

He maybe assessing from afar but surely you will agree its not the same as watching them in training and seeing if they can play to your required systems. 

Who cares at this point? Should we have settled for Lennon or someone like that just because they can come in straight away. We have to wait until the summer for the person they deemed the right man. Suck it up. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Not sure how well this style would work against the cloggers of the league here.

I was thinking the same thing. It will certainly favour us against the gruesome twosome, since it's likely they will have the lions share of possession in games, but I'm unsure how that works when we are expected to dominate most other teams in the league, especially at Pittodrie. Hopefully he has a plan B.