The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

45 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Folk talk about how easy mcinnes had it but the last few years have seen a terrible quality in the overall league. You’ve got fucking kilmarnock, st mirren and Dundee in the top 6! 

hearts have actually been good this season. Definitely earned 3rd. But the season before that we were shite and got 3rd. Season before that hearts were shite and got 3rd. 

we’ll give him time but you’d like to think that with our budget in this division you don’t need to be Carlo ancelloti to at least qualify for Europe 

I have to disagree with you that Hearts have been good this season. They have been a mediocre side at best, but they've taken full advantage of the combustion of both ourselves and Hibs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I have to disagree with you that Hearts have been good this season. They have been a mediocre side at best, but they've taken full advantage of the combustion of both ourselves and Hibs.

Good at times but on the whole I would agree, good for us though as it means they keep that idiot in charge for longer whilst spending 4m a year more on wages with little sellable assets. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I have to disagree with you that Hearts have been good this season.

I think that’s slightly unfair.

They are 3 games to go until the end of the season and they have 19 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses. (63 points). Compare that to us at the same stage last season and we had 17 wins, 3 draws and 15 losses. (54 points)

Bar their shaky start they’ve had a pretty good season it must be said. But I can’t see them keeping it up next year

37 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Hearts have been bang average and have had the lions share of the luck this year. Let's not forget the first 2/3rds of the season they relied of shankland or just a bit of luck in the last 10 mins getting them results. I am not saying that doesn't make them an OK team but they rode that wave thereafter and have came out the end of the season looking just fine.

It's important not to build these wanks up like they are third best in the league. Living in the central belt I will promise you these twats think they have a god devine right to at least third but they actually think they can win the league every year. Even though they have been relegated twice in 10 years they still have this belief, which in my head is mental, but I am also jealous as christ it must be great to think you are that good all the time. 

Sorry I sometimes get carried away talking about hearts as I fucking hate them 😂 

8 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Nah. Always want to say that though. 

bur the amount of games they’ve been behind and turned around is impressive 

8 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Bar their shaky start they’ve had a pretty good season it must be said. But I can’t see them keeping it up next year

2 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

I despise Hearts as well. But they have had a very good season. 

There's a difference between having a good season and being good though, which I think is the point @broken_glass was making.

I think any team outside of the old firms find it challenging play euro group stages and remain good in league play as rosters are just not remotely as strong in depth.  Pickup some early knocks and you can have a rough start to league play.  

On 5/5/2024 at 10:47 AM, muttonhumper said:

Seems a bizarre mindset.

He's coming in June.

As designated.

That's it. End of.

Stop even talking about it.

It's nae really that difficult to understand.

Unless you are a rotund simpleton hun spastic like Kris Boyd.

And his opinon carries no weight, obviously, given he is a brain dead piece of shit

FFS.

Given Thelin’s post match comments it would seem you could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I think any team outside of the old firms find it challenging play euro group stages and remain good in league play as rosters are just not remotely as strong in depth.  Pickup some early knocks and you can have a rough start to league play.  

As we will hopefully see with hearts next year. With Jimmy Ts reds steaming to 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Given Thelin’s post match comments it would seem you could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Couldn't remotely give a fuck either way.

Main point was that hun fuck poking his oar in when no fucker is at all interested in his opinion.

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

As we will hopefully see with hearts next year. With Jimmy Ts reds steaming to 3rd.

NO, that’s our problem, steamin to where?, 3rd?, haud me back.

fucking first or nothing.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nah. Always want to say that though. 

bur the amount of games they’ve been behind and turned around is impressive 

It's a pathetic thing to try and downplay someone else who came third

Very much a glasgow-team viewpoint, funnily enough 

It's immaturity at its finest

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hearts have been decent. 

As have Kilmarnock. 

Main reason being they have both built good defences this season. 

It does us no favours to pretend otherwise. 

There's a really weird trend in our support trying to downplay Hearts this season, they've been considerably better this season than we've been in many many years. 

Even while participating in their usual late season drop off (W3,D3,L3 in last 9, compared to winning 9/10 games prior to that) they've still already beaten our 3rd place points tally by 6 with 3 to go.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/6458950/red-tape-means-no-plan-for-aberdeens-new-boss-jimmy-thelin-to-move-to-scotland-early-as-things-stand/

There is currently no plan for Aberdeen’s new manager Jimmy Thelin to move to Scotland early – despite the boss giving an interview where his stance on the timing of his Dons switch appears to have softened.

Thelin has agreed to depart current side Elfsborg following their June 1 fixture against IFK Goteborg – the final round of fixtures before the Swedish Allsvenkan’s summer break – before taking over as Aberdeen manager on a three-year deal from June 3.

The clubs agreed the 46-year-old would remain in Sweden until early June, as Thelin, after six years at the helm, did not want to leave Elfsborg in the lurch before they had lined up his successor.

Oscar Hiljemark has since been confirmed as the man who will replace Thelin at the Boras-based club.

Following Elfsborg’s 3-1 victory over champions Malmo at the weekend, and with the Hiljemark deal in place, the Swedish media asked Thelin whether his move to Aberdeen could be moved up from the original date.

While he said they were “sticking to” the original early June agreement, Thelin simultaneously seemed to suggest he would be open to the switch happening sooner, saying: “I understand the question and we had an agreement to make the move on June 3, but if the conditions change, there are always possibilities around that. But I always complete what I have to do.

“If we find another situation and there will be an earlier change, so be it, but right now I’m focusing on June 3.

“The agreement we have is June 3 and that is what I am sticking to, but should the conditions change and others agree to it, then you have to be open to it.

However, it is understood, as things stand Pittodrie chiefs are not expecting Thelin to move any sooner than June 3 – and certainly not to be in the dugout for any games ahead of the Dons’ season coming to a close on Sunday, May 19.

Bottom-six Aberdeen, who secured their Premiership status by beating St Johnstone 1-0 at home on Saturday, have just three games remaining this term, with their final fixture – away at Ross County – scheduled for 13 days’ time.

The Dons hierarchy expect the UK immigration/VISA process to take approximately 10 days, and this timescale means Thelin would be unlikely to be able to manage the team for any of their closing trio of matches against Hibs (away), Livingston (home) and County.

Even if the agreement between Aberdeen and Elfsborg did change in the coming days, it would likely mean Thelin only arriving in the country two weeks earlier than initially planned.

1 hour ago, 20two20 said:

There's a really weird trend in our support trying to downplay Hearts this season, they've been considerably better this season than we've been in many many years. 

Even while participating in their usual late season drop off (W3,D3,L3 in last 9, compared to winning 9/10 games prior to that) they've still already beaten our 3rd place points tally by 6 with 3 to go.

Hardly a huge accomplishment is it? We were fucking garbage for most of last season 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hardly a huge accomplishment is it? We were fucking garbage for most of last season 

They have Dundee (H), St Murn (A) and Sevco (H) left, I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest they could end up 13 points ahead of our total last season. A tally we haven't beat since 2016/2017.

This is a good Hearts team and we need to stop acting like they've just fluked third.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

They have Dundee (H), St Murn (A) and Sevco (H) left, I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest they could end up 13 points ahead of our total last season. A tally we haven't beat since 2016/2017.

This is a good Hearts team and we need to stop acting like they've just fluked third.

Hearts are dreadful. For sure better than us, but they are terrible and will get destroyed in Europe. 

• Haha 1

Hearts are still shite. They just haven't had to deal with Group stage football or a massive turnover of players and managers every year for 3 years. A semi-decent, or at least consistent Aberdeen side would wipe the floor with them - as evidenced by us still finishing 3rd last season despite being keech.

Honestly if we fail to get third next season I wouldn't be shocked if Killie or St.Mirren did.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Belabedlam said:

Hearts are still shite. They just haven't had to deal with Group stage football or a massive turnover of players and managers every year for 3 years. A semi-decent, or at least consistent Aberdeen side would wipe the floor with them - as evidenced by us still finishing 3rd last season despite being keech.

Honestly if we fail to get third next season I wouldn't be shocked if Killie or St.Mirren did.

We aren't getting 3rd next season.

It's not JUST the players that are getting an overhaul, it's not JUST a new manager, but an entirely new system and style of playing.

I'm happy with seeing progress next season and top 6, we need to stick by Thelin for a bit longer than if he was some random shot in the dark manager (Glass) or a supposed quick-fix (Goodwin, Warnock). With our budget, facilities and with his management team we have genuine potential and we need to see it as a longer term project.

• Dildo 2
2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/6458950/red-tape-means-no-plan-for-aberdeens-new-boss-jimmy-thelin-to-move-to-scotland-early-as-things-stand/

The Dons hierarchy expect the UK immigration/VISA process to take approximately 10 days, and this timescale means Thelin would be unlikely to be able to manage the team for any of their closing trio of matches against Hibs (away), Livingston (home) and County.

Ok, this. This I do not understand at all.

Why on earth was his visa application not in the moment he signed on the dotted line? Get that sorted ffs. It's not as if he has any overseas games he needs to go to between now and June.

1 hour ago, 20two20 said:

Haven't been impressed by them at all, though obviously only seen them in games against us and highlights of other games. 

Kudos to them for third, but IF we get our shit together next season under Thelin they should be emminently beatable at their current level.