The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

3 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Think he's bottled it in front of goal a few times, but he's not been as poor as Shankland in his general play. See him in their semi v the Huns. Couldn't make a 5 yard pass.

He's scored a considerable amount more

Was just interested since you think shankland has been stinking recently 

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He's scored a considerable amount more

Was just interested since you think shankland has been stinking recently 

1 in his last 7. And Hearts fans moaning about his all round play.

Edit: 1 goal from open play since February 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Has he?

Which comments specifically did he say that?

Today when he said he wants to challenge himself at highest level possible, wouldn't rule out going overseas but won't disrespect Hearts most recent examples for you 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Not being able to afford players never stopped deadco from signing players, right up to only a few weeks before they went bust.

The tribute act have learned no lessons from them. Fully expect them to try to sign Shankland in the summer. I do agree with you that there will be interest from English Championship clubs too. But I'd think the lure of European football would swing things in sevco's favour 

Well, more fool Hearts,  if they agree to some convoluted payment structure for any transfer with that shower. 
4m in total, 200k upfront and the rest in Jam jars, cryptocurrency futures contacts and 2 weeks per year in the chairman’s timeshare in Tenerife..

they haven’t got 4M if they don’t qualify for the chumps league, which is looking unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I'd be flabbergasted if I don't contribute more, financially to AFC than you, bruv

What’s your story anyway? When did you last go to a game? How many a season?

im currently having my worst ever season attendance wise so I will not be judgemental 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

What’s your story anyway? When did you last go to a game? How many a season?

im currently having my worst ever season attendance wise so I will not be judgemental 

Ages ago

To be honest, much more important ways to spend my weekends

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

Ages ago

To be honest, much more important ways to spend my weekends

Fair enough. 

have to confess last game I was free to go was Dundee at home and I just looked at it costing about 30 quid and thought arsed. 

gonna go to the livi game though…. Im telling myself 

9 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

20two20 certainly has a lot of dildos to throw around... 

Because it's easier to react with that than actually try and debate the points I made.

I should just claim we're the best team ever and we just get really unlucky every time we don't finish third and that there's no other team that really deserves 3rd other than us because they're all shite, despite what the league table says. Oh and losing Miovski won't be a big deal, that's certainly not a hole that'll need filled next year, we'll definitely be able to cruise to 3rd without him.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Because it's easier to react with that than actually try and debate the points I made.

I should just claim we're the best team ever and we just get really unlucky every time we don't finish third and that there's no other team that really deserves 3rd other than us because they're all shite, despite what the league table says. Oh and losing Miovski won't be a big deal, that's certainly not a hole that'll need filled next year, we'll definitely be able to cruise to 3rd without him.

Strange take to come on an Aberdeen discussion board and admit you cannot be fucked discussing?.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Strange take to come on an Aberdeen discussion board and admit you cannot be fucked discussing?.

People don't discuss though? They just throw out dildo emojis and say "but Hearts are shit". Look through the last couple of pages, it's me making points and then other people saying "Aye but Hearts are shite so fuck building for the future, 3rd is ours next year". Arsed with people that can't see the bigger picture.

• Upvote 3
Just now, 20two20 said:

People don't discuss though? They just throw out dildo emojis and say "but Hearts are shit". Look through the last couple of pages, it's me making points and then other people saying "Aye but Hearts are shite so fuck building for the future, 3rd is ours next year". Arsed with people that can't see the bigger picture.

Fair point

2 hours ago, 20two20 said:

We're the best team ever and we just get really unlucky every time we don't finish third and that there's no other team that really deserves 3rd other than us because they're all shite, despite what the league table says. Oh and losing Miovski won't be a big deal, that's certainly not a hole that'll need filled next year, we'll definitely be able to cruise to 3rd without him.

Agreed.

I'm looking forward to the long and happy reign of King Sokler next season.

4 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Agreed.

I'm looking forward to the long and happy reign of King Sokler next season.

Genuinely think he'll be a very good striker once he gets more game time, not sure he'll entirely close the Miovski gap though.

You won't take on board what others are saying and instead get defensive, mischaracterise people's arguments and come out with a bunch of straw man arguments.

So, let me dumb it down for you:

1. Yes, Hearts are shite. They are just more consistent than the rest owing to having less player & manager turnover, no European group stage football this season and a bigger budget than Killie or St. Mirren.

2. The bigger picture is whoever plays in Europe suffers in the league and it damages aspirations of third for that team. The league is tighter than a nun's cunt and we are on course (potentially) to end up on more  points than St. Mirren and Dundee despite having a shockingly bad season.

3. We were monumentally shite last season and still got third, no reason we couldn't do it again, although nobody is expecting that we do. You chose to make that assumption and are now clinging to it.

4. Literally nobody said "fuck building for the future." Or that 3rd is ours.

5. We have the core of a good squad, relatively speaking - despite all of those melodramatics people come out with that we should "bin half the squad."

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1

These things change quickly, though. They are a decent, solid side this season but I could easily see it going badly under Naismith eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Hearts have a solid team and a top class (in our league) striker that's why they are in their current position.

Last season we were shite but in January we solidify our defence and suddenly because we also had a couple of top goal threats we catapult up the league and get an unlikely European spot.

Hearts deserve 3rd because they knew what they needed and went and got it.

Hibs and ourselves fancy that we can fish in the transfer market and find hidden gems and whilst some are hits it more of a gamble.

• Upvote 1

Surely not finishing in the top 6 next season is failure? Not doing it this season certainly is...isn't it? Hearts finished third this season, no less undeserved than us last season. 

If we don't finish top 6 in 2024/25 I'm at a loss to understand any excuses that will be acceptable.

• Upvote 2
Just now, alscotoz said:

Surely not finishing in the top 6 next season is failure? Not doing it this season certainly is...isn't it? Hearts finished third this season, no less undeserved than us last season. 

If we don't finish top 6 in 2024/25 I'm at a loss to understand any excuses that will be acceptable.

EDIT: I don't give a fuck who the manager is if we don't finish top 6.

28 minutes ago, Belabedlam said:

You won't take on board what others are saying and instead get defensive, mischaracterise people's arguments and come out with a bunch of straw man arguments.

So, let me dumb it down for you:

1. Yes, Hearts are shite. They are just more consistent than the rest owing to having less player & manager turnover, no European group stage football this season and a bigger budget than Killie or St. Mirren.

2. The bigger picture is whoever plays in Europe suffers in the league and it damages aspirations of third for that team. The league is tighter than a nun's cunt and we are on course (potentially) to end up on more  points than St. Mirren and Dundee despite having a shockingly bad season.

3. We were monumentally shite last season and still got third, no reason we couldn't do it again, although nobody is expecting that we do. You chose to make that assumption and are now clinging to it.

4. Literally nobody said "fuck building for the future." Or that 3rd is ours.

5. We have the core of a good squad, relatively speaking - despite all of those melodramatics people come out with that we should "bin half the squad."

That's the first time you've actually put out a proper response instead of just dildo reacting and spouting shite, WELL DONE!

1. They are objectively not shite. They're on track to tie the best 3rd place finish of the last 10 years (Rangers 2017/18, 70pts, GD 26). I reckon they'll match the points but obviously fall short on GD.

2. Ending up on more points than teams in the top six by playing your last 5 games against the other teams in the bottom six isn't a flex, at all, in any way. We've been shite for months, long after European games were done, us not being near 3rd has to do with us having shite managers mismanaging players, ergo, being a bad team.

3. We were monumentally shite last season until we won 8/9 games (7 on the trot) before the split, funny how 24 points helps you out in the league...

4. My entire starting point was I'd be happy with top 6 if it meant we were taking our time and building stronger for the future instead of patchworking like we normally do, everyone else started frothing at the mouth crying about 3rd being the target.

5. Agreed. But there's no denying there's going to be a squad overhaul this summer. Miovski, Duk, Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Hayes, Phillips, Morris, Hoilett - all likely to be gone.

Hearts aren't exactly shy about spending money, they've already made 3 squad filler signings to help them out during domestic games when playing in Europe and we're not even in the transfer window yet...who's to say they won't strengthen significantly in summer? 

35 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Hearts have a solid team and a top class (in our league) striker that's why they are in their current position.

Last season we were shite but in January we solidify our defence and suddenly because we also had a couple of top goal threats we catapult up the league and get an unlikely European spot.

Hibs and ourselves fancy that we can fish in the transfer market and find hidden gems and whilst some are hits it more of a gamble.

Hearts only need to strengthen a little bit to be quite clearly the next best team in the country.

We have to strengthen a fucking lot to not be embarrassing again next season.

36 minutes ago, Turra red said:

One thing we have done right this season is not rely a lot on loan signings and going into next season we will know what we need to improve the squad. Although we do have a bit of a rebuild on our hands with a new football philosophy / head coach.

If we had Pollock and Scales on our books we would have done a lot better this season. 

Hearts didn’t have a lot of loan players and improved from the previous season where we clinched third. EPL feeder clubs Hibs and Dundee are relying too much on loan players in my opinion. They will have their ups and downs with this strategy. 

9 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

1. They are objectively not shite. They're on track to tie the best 3rd place finish of the last 10 years (Rangers 2017/18, 70pts, GD 26). I reckon they'll match the points but obviously fall short on GD.

Hearts have 12 points from their last 27 available, they're not picking up 7 points from the next 9.

They also historically struggle after the split with a record over the past 10 years of P40 W5 D11 L24 across top 6 and bottom 6 fixtures. They've not in that time won more than 1 post split game in any season.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hearts have 12 points from their last 27 available, they're not picking up 7 points from the next 9.

They also historically struggle after the split with a record over the past 10 years of P40 W5 D11 L24 across top 6 and bottom 6 fixtures. They've not in that time won more than 1 post split game in any season.

1 win still makes it the 4th best out of the last 10 seasons. 

Still, objectively, not "shite".

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

That's the first time you've actually put out a proper response instead of just dildo reacting and spouting shite, WELL DONE!

2. Ending up on more points than teams in the top six by playing your last 5 games against the other teams in the bottom six isn't a flex, at all, in any way. We've been shite for months, long after European games were done, us not being near 3rd has to do with us having shite managers mismanaging players, ergo, being a bad team.

3. We were monumentally shite last season until we won 8/9 games (7 on the trot) before the split, funny how 24 points helps you out in the league...

4. My entire starting point was I'd be happy with top 6 if it meant we were taking our time and building stronger for the future instead of patchworking like we normally do, everyone else started frothing at the mouth crying about 3rd being the target.

5. Agreed. But there's no denying there's going to be a squad overhaul this summer. Miovski, Duk, Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Hayes, Phillips, Morris, Hoilett - all likely to be gone.

Hearts aren't exactly shy about spending money, they've already made 3 squad filler signings to help them out during domestic games when playing in Europe and we're not even in the transfer window yet...who's to say they won't strengthen significantly in summer? 

Who’s to say they won’t struggle with both Europe and domestic football? 

21 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

1 win still makes it the 4th best out of the last 10 seasons. 

Still, objectively, not "shite".

They're the least shite this season out of the other 10 clubs.

Facts are thought 6 different teams have finished 3rd over the past 7 seasons, no team has consolidated their place as the '3rd best team' simply because there's very little between the teams overall outside of the Glasgow bigots. 

Hearts didn't start the season particularly well (3 wins from first 10) and they're not ending it very well either (highly doubt they'll have more than 4 wins from their final 12 games). They're where they are because of a great run they had in the middle of the season. 

They're maybe not shite but they're not that great either and even with a couple of decent signings they're not uncatchable next season, especially with at least 8 and quite possible more European games. Not for 1 second suggesting we'll finish 3rd but there's no guarantees they will either.

Anyone who thinks Hearts aren’t decent in SPFL terms is deluded. I hate the diets as much as the next red, but they are clearly a better side than the rest, and better than last season. 
I would even go as far as to say they are better in each area of the team apart from number 9 this season when comparing them to us. 

• Upvote 1