POTY and Goal of the Season

10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

The only young player who's regularly featured this season has been Connor Barron. Have we actually played anyone else under 22? Ryan Duncan has hardly played and has been poor when he has. 

Shayden Morris

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I've just had no reason to be skeptical about it. Was it not reviewed externally? Anyway if it's shite fair enough. Who knows really.

glorious post. Sums up 98.3% of content here.

POTY

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I've just had no reason to be skeptical about it. Was it not reviewed externally? Anyway if it's shite fair enough. Who knows really.

I don’t know about the inner workings of the club but I don’t see much evidence the youth academy is really up to that much. We’re not exactly churning out top players every year and while it’s a step up, it is only the Scottish premiership we’re talking about here.

The club should be aspiring to do a lot better and looking at every aspect they can improve not just settling for “ok”.

14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I don’t know about the inner workings of the club but I don’t see much evidence the youth academy is really up to that much. We’re not exactly churning out top players every year and while it’s a step up, it is only the Scottish premiership we’re talking about here.

The club should be aspiring to do a lot better and looking at every aspect they can improve not just settling for “ok”.

It’s weird. The U18’s winning again today and may well win the league. But almost zero sign of any of them making the step up. 
The SPFL really should have an U21 league to bridge that gap. 

9 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

It’s weird. The U18’s winning again today and may well win the league. But almost zero sign of any of them making the step up. 
The SPFL really should have an U21 league to bridge that gap. 

There’s a reserve league which for some weird reason we choose not to enter 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

I agree with this. Nowhere near enough players coming into the first team for my liking, particularly when you see the likes of Motherwell regularly throwing them in. But I wonder how much is that down to fearful managers rather than bad players? 

There's definitely been a fair bit of singing and dancing about the academy from the club (particularly the performances from young age groups in European comps), we've obviously made some decent fees in recent years from some academy players and Levey was headhunted by Swansea was it? That's all I've really got to go on.

Maybe it does need work, maybe it doesn't, but either way I'd like to see more young players involved in the first team squad. Better that than some of the loanees we've seen fill our bench in recent seasons.

22 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

We need a reserve league or some sort of competitive bridge between u18’s and the first team. 

You’ve quoted a post confirming there is a reserve league, but we’ve chosen not to enter it. 

11 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

We chose not to dilute the highland league at the expense of a highland league team. 
We need a reserve league or some sort of competitive bridge between u18’s and the first team. 

We chose not to enter a B team in the Lowland League or a team in Reserve League. Joining Highland wasn't an option