Who has been AFC's worst player this season? And why? Jumby

Hi all. 

In your opinion, who has been our worst player this season? And why?

In this Jumby's opinion, the award goes to Shayden Morris. 

He is absolute garbage, and the 20 minutes Warno gave him against Motherwell at Todders might just be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. And I've seen thousands of Millertime posts on here.

What are your thoughts? 

Jumby-o

12 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

On terms of ability and standards. Probably Clarkson.

Been absolutely diabolical.

Absolutely this. Needs to grow up otherwise he will be in the wilderness somewhere before long. I realise it must be really shit coming to Aberdeen from a club like Liverpool but there is no excuse for the performances he has turned in this season.

Too negative jumbo. But I'll still engage. The worst players have been the ones who were so bad they couldn't get a game for us.

We are still paying Anthony Stewart and Jayden Richardson.

We had Or Dadia and Rhys Williams.

Anyone who actually made it into the pitch for us did better than those four.

4 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Too negative jumbo. But I'll still engage. The worst players have been the ones who were so bad they couldn't get a game for us.

We are still paying Anthony Stewart and Jayden Richardson.

We had Or Dadia and Rhys Williams.

Anyone who actually made it into the pitch for us did better than those four.

I would argue that Morris made things worse by being on the pitch.

If we're talking bang for your buck then Clarkson. Not helped by Robson's tactics and lack of a competent Ramadani replacement but still disappointed.

If we're talking just absolute shite then Gueye seemingly didn't have any redeeming footballing abilities but is scoring out on loan. Morris close runner up, I want to like him but just not up to it. 

I'd add that Devlin has flattered to deceive, while Jensen and Gartenmann have been bang average with occasional timely tackles but overall liabilities.

Then again, while Roos was good today, his distribution and command of the area has been atrocious all season and should be easily replaced next season.

On the other hand, Duk has shown glimpes and was another that I was blaming Robson's tactics for their shiteness but has definitely dropped way off from last year.

Still, Shinnie, while seemingly played out of position by Robson as the most forward thinking of the midfield, has had way too many not good enough performances where he's seemingly running in treacle after 30 minutes. Then there's his stupid fucking yellow cards.

Conversely, Barron has been shite too.

So in conclusion, yes.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Russell said:

If we're talking bang for your buck then Clarkson. Not helped by Robson's tactics and lack of a competent Ramadani replacement but still disappointed.

If we're talking just absolute shite then Gueye seemingly didn't have any redeeming footballing abilities but is scoring out on loan. Morris close runner up, I want to like him but just not up to it. 

I'd add that Devlin has flattered to deceive, while Jensen and Gartenmann have been bang average with occasional timely tackles but overall liabilities.

Then again, while Roos was good today, his distribution and command of the area has been atrocious all season and should be easily replaced next season.

On the other hand, Duk has shown glimpes and was another that I was blaming Robson's tactics for their shiteness but has definitely dropped way off from last year.

Still, Shinnie, while seemingly played out of position by Robson as the most forward thinking of the midfield, has had way too many not good enough performances where he's seemingly running in treacle after 30 minutes. Then there's his stupid fucking yellow cards.

Conversely, Barron has been shite too.

So in conclusion, yes.

Devlin started off well imo, had a spell where he was horrendous (rumours he was playing through injury?) but has been on a game last few weeks. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Devlin started off well imo, had a spell where he was horrendous (rumours he was playing through injury?) but has been on a game last few weeks. 

Eh, I think he gets an easy time of it some times because he's a rah rah badge thumper type. Not as good as McCrorie but definitely better than Richardson. And Dadia I'm assuming.

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Eh, I think he gets an easy time of it some times because he's a rah rah badge thumper type. Not as good as McCrorie but definitely better than Richardson. And Dadia I'm assuming.

He’s been one of our most consistent players apart from a few weeks where he had a dip in form. If he gets an easier time of it it’s because he’s one of few that can actually come out of this season with some credit.

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He’s been one of our most consistent players apart from a few weeks where he had a dip in form. If he gets an easier time of it it’s because he’s one of few that can actually come out of this season with some credit.

Don’t agree. Think he’s miles below the standard required. Shocking again today. 

Gartenmann worst player for me. Plays every minute and he’s fucking terrible. 

43 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Don’t agree. Think he’s miles below the standard required. Shocking again today. 

He set the tone within a minute with a horrendous pass right out of play

People don't appreciate how little things like that can affect the rest of the teams mentality

It's why I genuinely think Clarkson is worse this season- it's because of the utter dross around him

Make no mistake, gartenmann is absolutely atrocious 

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He set the tone within a minute with a horrendous pass right out of play

People don't appreciate how little things like that can affect the rest of the teams mentality

It's why I genuinely think Clarkson is worse this season- it's because of the utter dross around him

Make no mistake, gartenmann is absolutely atrocious 

Thought he was grim today. Also he appears somehow to actually be getting slower. I’d just risk Ruby next week

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

He’s a complete Charlatan.
Poor decision making, allied with poor positioning, allied with poor tackling, zero strength (comstantly muscled off the ball) and slower than a week in jail, makes Stefan a complete liability.

He and Jensen give Gallagher and the ex-Hun centre half we had whose name I can’t remember, a run for their money as worst centre half pairing ever seen at Aberdeen.

22 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Thing is most of our players have played better this season or last than they are currently.Why?

I think you mean our players have played better in the past.

Having no manager and the shit show behind the scenes clearly hasn’t helped. Some of them just aren’t up to it however. 

I think there's a distinction here between  who's our worst and who's our most disappointing.

Clarkson and Duk have been disappointing compared to last season, although in individual games they've had some good moments.

Roos has been both disappointing compared to last season and shit.

Some players have just been shit but hardly played so unfair to single them out.

In terms of players who have had a reasonable amount of game time and been around 5/10 or less each time I'd go for one of Gartenmann, Jensen, Roos, or Morris.

5 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

The only 2 players who come out of this abortion of a season with any pass marks at all are Miovski and Devlin. 

I would say that MacKenzie.....despite some high profile errors......is on an upward curve and is improving, but I simply can't make a case for anyone else. 

McGrath gets pass marks as well surely? Sometimes I get frustrated that he seems to go missing from time to time but I'd say he's been one of the few positives over the course of the season.

Agree on MacKenzie. Almost every other defender has been mentioned in this thread before him, which says a lot about our defence considering the routine slatings he usually gets on here.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think there's a distinction here between  who's our worst and who's our most disappointing.

Clarkson and Duk have been disappointing compared to last season, although in individual games they've had some good moments.

Roos has been both disappointing compared to last season and shit.

Some players have just been shit but hardly played so unfair to single them out.

In terms of players who have had a reasonable amount of game time and been around 5/10 or less each time I'd go for one of Gartenmann, Jensen, Roos, or Morris.

Spot on.  The distinction is correct. Duk and Clarkson definitely most disappointing. 

The worst of our consistent starters have been Jensen and Gartenmann. Difficult to distinguish between two similar shades of shite….but before the last few weeks I’d have gone for Gartenmann, however, he’s had a couple of decent games lately.

In terms of the levels shown when they’ve played, Morris has been the worst.  Seems like a good lad, but he’s miles out of his depth at this level.