Grampian Chippers

On 5/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, The Boofon said:

I've not been in about 20 years to be fair. Thought it had closed years ago. Maybe has improved.

Whatever picture you have in your head from 20 years ago, it's probably still exactly the same.

A few years ago now I found myself there to assess an insurance claim for water damage. The water damage looked like it had probably improved the look of the place tbh. 

Used to alternate between Chattan’s (closed many years ago), Ashvale on GWR and the place in Mannofield. Ashvale had the best haddock fillets but Mannofield had the best batter. 

Must say NE chippers are a far higher standard than in Edinburgh. Firstly, salt n sauce is vomit worthy but the general quality is terrible.

There was an OK place in Marchmont (Salvatore’s) but the owner was a stone faced Italian cunt.

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

I’d quite like to go on a coach trip to Whitby, it seems the most mundane thing you could do in life, and therefore would be a unique experience. Bring a bag o cans, be a laugh wi all the old racists. 

Once dated a girl from Whitby. It’s a cracking place, many amazing pubs, loads of goths and weirdos. Plus there’s a cathedral or church or something on a hill.

Would recommend.

1 hour ago, dave_min said:

Once dated a girl from Whitby. It’s a cracking place, many amazing pubs, loads of goths and weirdos. Plus there’s a cathedral or church or something on a hill.

Would recommend.

I'll pass that on to my Mother min.😄

Just so happens, she's going down to Scarborough via Whitby on Friday for a few nights. (Simpson's Bus Tours Mini Break).

Does the inspiration for the story of Dracula by Bram Stoker originate in Whitby orissa actually Cruden Bay?🤔

9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Just so happens, she's going down to Scarborough via Whitby on Friday for a few nights. (Simpson's Bus Tours Mini Break).

Does the inspiration for the story of Dracula by Bram Stoker originate in Whitby orissa actually Cruden Bay?🤔

I can tell her tonight if you’d like

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, dave_min said:

Would recommend.

They have a pirate ship. It’s a dump. They all wank over seafood too, place needs nuked. 

I tapped your girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Scarbourgh, Jesus wept. It’s a hovel. Another scourge on the map.

22 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Used to alternate between Chattan’s (closed many years ago), Ashvale on GWR and the place in Mannofield. Ashvale had the best haddock fillets but Mannofield had the best batter. 

Must say NE chippers are a far higher standard than in Edinburgh. Firstly, salt n sauce is vomit worthy but the general quality is terrible.

There was an OK place in Marchmont (Salvatore’s) but the owner was a stone faced Italian cunt.

Oor Willies now, but used to be Mr Chips. Got my tea there yesterday, and it was decent, as usual. 

And when in Edinburgh, chippy sauce is excellent.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

It's brown sauce mixed with vinegar. Offered in every chippy in Edinburgh instead of vinegar (or it used to be).

Can't remember if I've bought a chippy in Edinburgh, Shirley plain old salt and vinegar is also an option?

• Upvote 1