Grampian Chippers

33 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Not in too reading don?, guess the only practice you get is when your reading the wee info leaflet you get with your venereal disease cream.

good to keep up the practice a suppose.you’ll have that leaflet memorised by now surely?.

That was a good one, it really was.

Back on the subject, do I read books about pretendy monsters in far off castles?   No.

But for your information, I read a book a week.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, G31DON said:

Whitby is where the boat carrying Dracula's coffin docks in the book.  Cruden Bay supposed to inspire Drac's castle.

Very good knowledge loon.

I did a bit of online research about Whitby (just because the old lady is going down there) as well as Cruden Bay (I remembered something I read in the past that Slains Castle was the catalyst for the character Dracula being created) and the tourist websites I looked at for each town both proclaimed to say their town was the inspiration behind Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I'm more than happy to accept your knowledge on the subject , rather than the respective websites, min.👍

17 hours ago, Dons79 said:

I know it’s not Grampian but if your ever down this way, the fish works in largs is generally in the top 10 best British chippy awards and has won 1st prize, expensive mind, fish supper is about 12 quid but worth it, comes with a wedge of lemon(like it should but normally don’t get from anywhere else) and the mushy peas are to die for(beef stock,vinegar).

How mush is a fish supper nowadays - genarally £12 or thereabouts?

On 5/10/2024 at 7:20 PM, johnstrac said:

1 large fish supper, 1 small fish supper and a large curry, £16.30 tonight. Scartho Fisheries, Grimsby. A bit far for most of you to come.

To be honest I'd rather spend about 5 quid more and not be in Grimsby

39 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

What happened in the riot of kincorth in 78?

All kicked off after Scotland vs Peru.

Plod got their arse tickled and sent packing by all accounts