On 5/8/2024 at 1:43 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

I think more would pay £34 for season to just be over now rather than pay to watch this.

scandalous price that. Hibs support will be shite as well. 

seen in evening news about teams wage budgets.

Hibs about £10m

Aberdeen about £12m

Hearts about £15m

guess that’s what 3k extra ST’s gets them & a rich cunt throwing cash at them each year. Wonder when he’ll die?

3k in extra season tickets dosnt get you anywhere near even 1m. It’s great having a full house but on the scale of things it makes very little difference unless it’s 10s of 1000s. It’s why German teams don’t shaft their fans for an extra 10m a season as it’s fuck all in the scale of things. A benefactor that sticks in 6m a season however is a potential game changer for Scottish teams. 

37 minutes ago, slippers said:

3k in extra season tickets dosnt get you anywhere near even 1m. It’s great having a full house but on the scale of things it makes very little difference unless it’s 10s of 1000s. It’s why German teams don’t shaft their fans for an extra 10m a season as it’s fuck all in the scale of things. A benefactor that sticks in 6m a season however is a potential game changer for Scottish teams. 

3,000 x £450 (that’s about what my season ticket in the south stand is) = £1.35m

12 hours ago, slippers said:

Just been reported that Hearts match day revenue is over £6m this past season more than £2m more than us which was £4.11m

It definitely makes a difference. Crazy to deny this

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Just been reported that Hearts match day revenue is over £6m this past season more than £2m more than us which was £4.11m

I must of been told profit. I didn’t look back the messages to see. I’ve just looked them back now. A extra 1000 tickets could net the club an extra 150-200k. I’m not denying that it dosnt make a difference and it’s great. But it’s not as much as you would think. I guess it’s an extra 3.5k a week on wages potentially. 

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Tickets only as we've always taken in a lot more corporate revenue than them?

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A season ticket sale is almost entirely profit for the club. The only costs would be related to purchasing and sending out a card to the season ticket holder 

I didn’t really question it at the time. But does seem low. 

32 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Would assume ‘match day revenue’ would include all

Calling bullshit on the £4 million figure then - say an average of £20 a ticket x16k average x19 home league games comes to over £6 million and that’s before getting started on cup games, corporate, pie sales etc etc 

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A season ticket sale is almost entirely profit for the club. The only costs would be related to purchasing and sending out a card to the season ticket holder 

Or if your Craig White, the sizeable fee and substantial discount accepted for the securitisation of season tickets..

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Calling bullshit on the £4 million figure then - say an average of £20 a ticket x16k average x19 home league games comes to over £6 million and that’s before getting started on cup games, corporate, pie sales etc etc 

Yeah but it’s not an average of £20 (probably much less with concessions) & we are certainly not averaging 16k attendance for season. 

Regardless though. Hearts are easily taking in more & over £2m more over a season is quite believable 

22 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah but it’s not an average of £20 (probably much less with concessions) & we are certainly not averaging 16k attendance for season. 

Regardless though. Hearts are easily taking in more & over £2m more over a season is quite believable 

Can’t be far off £20 and we are averaging 16,320 this season 

On 5/10/2024 at 8:42 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

I'd imagine the majority of our income is "match day revenue". As others have said, that seems very low.

11 hours ago, NEM said:

Remember that ticket sales,corporate etc are standard rated for VAT so on a sale of £20 the club only keeps £16 with £4 going to HMRC so there's a fair part of difference 

1 hour ago, RDS said:

Remember that ticket sales,corporate etc are standard rated for VAT so on a sale of £20 the club only keeps £16 with £4 going to HMRC so there's a fair part of difference 

Yeah but does that not affect profit rather than revenue? 

41 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can’t see the team anywhere?

edit: ah because the fucking game is tomorrow 

Rushed my supper down my throat after work to get back to the room to watch the game, thought it was weird the team wasn't listed on social media anywhere. Ah well, something to look forward to the morra.