Man U v 'Boro

United won 1-0 through a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty.

Not a great game, but United deserved the win, with Ronaldo again being the difference.

Rooney had two 1-on-1's that Schwarzer should get a lot of credit for. Two terrific saves IMO

James Morrison was sent off for 'Boro after a wild lunge on Ronaldo toward the end of the game, totally took the bait.

About 2 minutes previous, with the clock ticking down, Ronaldo collected the ball in the left hand corner and started his repetoire of tricks. To be fair to Morrison, he did very well on this occasion, didn't take his eye off the ball and won the tackle to put it out for a corner.

The resulting corner ended up with Ronaldo and Heinze performing a little juggling act in the same corner. You could just see the 'Boro players getting wound up.

Minute later, Ronaldo collects the ball and rolls it to the side of Morrison who doesn't think twice and just went scything through the 'best player in the world'. Even Southgate after the match said he'd love to have done that.

'mon the Ronaldo, :nutter:

United won 1-0 through a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty.

Not a great game, but United deserved the win, with Ronaldo again being the difference.

Rooney had two 1-on-1's that Schwarzer should get a lot of credit for. Two terrific saves IMO

James Morrison was sent off for 'Boro after a wild lunge on Ronaldo toward the end of the game, totally took the bait.

About 2 minutes previous, with the clock ticking down, Ronaldo collected the ball in the left hand corner and started his repetoire of tricks. To be fair to Morrison, he did very well on this occasion, didn't take his eye off the ball and won the tackle to put it out for a corner.

The resulting corner ended up with Ronaldo and Heinze performing a little juggling act in the same corner. You could just see the 'Boro players getting wound up.

Minute later, Ronaldo collects the ball and rolls it to the side of Morrison who doesn't think twice and just went scything through the 'best player in the world'. Even Southgate after the match said he'd love to have done that.

'mon the Ronaldo, :laughing:

Did you see Geoff Shreeves interview with Ronaldo after the game? Utterly appalling. One of the worst pieces of journalism i've ever seen. Spoke to Ronaldo in a very arrogant manner, implying that he'd dived for the penalty (which he clearly hadn't) and trying to get Ronaldo to admit to diving! Supposedly Ferguson refused to speak to them afterwards because he was livid with Shreeves.

Yeh what a sh*te interview.

Think Ronaldo coped very well with the questions he was asked.

Looks like Fergie might be finished talking to BBC and SKY now!

When Ronaldo was asked why he thought controversial decisions seemed to follow him he replied with something along the lines of "Maybe some people don't like me. Maybe I'm too good."

:laughing:

When Ronaldo was asked why he thought controversial decisions seemed to follow him he replied with something along the lines of "Maybe some people don't like me. Maybe I'm too good."

:applause:

Saw that, what a quality reply because Shreeves was being a c*nt. In all honesty though at the moment Ronaldo is too good for most people that he comes up against.

:applause:

Aye, thought that was an outstanding comeback from the lad. The smirk on his face when he said, "maybe someone's don't like me because maybe i'm too good," was brilliant.

That interview just proved how much he's enjoying winding up the English and ripping teams new arseholes week after week. :thumbs:

You'd have thought Geoff Shreeves could've handled the questioning a bit better, especially after Richard Keys, Ray Wilkins, Martin Tyler, Andy Gray and Jamie Redknapp all said it WAS a pen (clearly, it was). Jonathan Woodgate didn't exactly protest,

Woodgate's right knee catches Ronaldo's right leg. The Geoff Shreeves interview is on this too.

Must add, Jamie Redknapp went up in my estimation yesterday after the game with his opinion on Ronaldo. Genuine appreciation for Ronaldo's talent. You can see that on the same clip.

Aye, thought that was an outstanding comeback from the lad. The smirk on his face when he said, "maybe someone's don't like me because maybe i'm too good," was brilliant.

That interview just proved how much he's enjoying winding up the English and ripping teams new arseholes week after week. :applause:

You'd have thought Geoff Shreeves could've handled the questioning a bit better, especially after Richard Keys, Ray Wilkins, Martin Tyler, Andy Gray and Jamie Redknapp all said it WAS a pen (clearly, it was). Jonathan Woodgate didn't exactly protest,

Woodgate's right knee catches Ronaldo's right leg. The Geoff Shreeves interview is on this too.

Must add, Jamie Redknapp went up in my estimation yesterday after the game with his opinion on Ronaldo. Genuine appreciation for Ronaldo's talent. You can see that on the same clip.

More like Ronaldo sticks his leg out, kicks Woodgates knee and falls over.

Did you see Geoff Shreeves interview with Ronaldo after the game? Utterly appalling. One of the worst pieces of journalism i've ever seen. Spoke to Ronaldo in a very arrogant manner, implying that he'd dived for the penalty (which he clearly hadn't) and trying to get Ronaldo to admit to diving! Supposedly Ferguson refused to speak to them afterwards because he was livid with Shreeves.

This is supposedly the transcript of the conversation between Ferguson and Shreeves after Shreeves interview with Ronaldo:

SHREEVES: "I asked him . . . "

FERGUSON: "F*****g (inaudible) b*st*rd."

S: "Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off to you."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Don't even think about it."

F: "Don't you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?"

S: "Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?"

F: "You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You're the one."

S: "I'm entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer."

F: "F*****g hell with your answers."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off." (door slams).

This is supposedly the transcript of the conversation between Ferguson and Shreeves after Shreeves interview with Ronaldo:

SHREEVES: "I asked him . . . "

FERGUSON: "F*****g (inaudible) b*st*rd."

S: "Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off to you."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Don't even think about it."

F: "Don't you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?"

S: "Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?"

F: "You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You're the one."

S: "I'm entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer."

F: "F*****g hell with your answers."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off." (door slams).

Where's this from?

Archived