Southgate

Guest Stoney

How can he defend that idiot morrison for an appauling tackle then saying he would have loved to do the same.

What sort of manager is the - Boro should have a word with this tool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6464039.stm

I can understand someone wanting to kick someone who has cheated to cost my team a goal. Not saw the incidents in this case mind you but interesting to note that Ronaldo said there was contact and that made him "slip"

How can he defend that idiot morrison for an appauling tackle then saying he would have loved to do the same.

What sort of manager is the - Boro should have a word with this tool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6464039.stm

To be fair to Southgate, he did say it in a joking manner and had a slight snigger. Let's be honest, you can understand why the lad Morrison just went, "f*ck it," and scythed through him. Southgate does say that, "we lost our discipline in the last 5 minutes of the game and that's not acceptable..."

The interview is at 5.41

In fairness, I think quite a lot of us would like to lay into Ronaldo with a wild lunge :thumbs: Have we got YouTube evidence of the offence?

"For me, it is a penalty. Why when I am involved is it always polemic?"

How the hell does Ronaldo know what 'polemic' means? He's a Portugese footballer with English as at least his second language. I've got an A in higher English and I don't even know what it means...! :applause:

I wasn't suggesting the penalty, sorry, rather the lunge from Morrision for the red card. What stage in the clip is that? I need to head off in a minute and haven't got time to watch it all...

The Morrison tackle isn't on that clip, but if you want to know what it was like, imagine Ricky Foster's tackle on Ivan Sproule earlier in the season, right next to the Hibs fans?!? But not going for the ball and going slightly higher on Ronaldo, :applause:

Here's it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQy_qu-d5s

Yeah

It IS a pen and Ronaldo IS the best player in the World right now.

If anyone suggests that he could have kept running at full pace after the contact with Woodgate's knee, they're an idiot!

More Ronaldo sticking his leg out than Woodgate taking him out for me. Just seen a second angle and most definitely "won that penalty. Not surprised Morrison tried to snap him.

The Morrison tackle isn't on that clip, but if you want to know what it was like, imagine Ricky Foster's tackle on Ivan Sproule earlier in the season, right next to the Hibs fans?!? But not going for the ball and going slightly higher on Ronaldo, :applause:

Here's it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQy_qu-d5s

Probably deserving of a red but seen far far far worse tackles punished by a yellow.

More Ronaldo sticking his leg out than Woodgate taking him out for me. Just seen a second angle and most definitely "won that penalty. Not surprised Morrison tried to snap him.

Morrison is a f*cking tool.

How could Ronaldo have stuck out a leg considering he had run PAST Woodgate?

I'm not going to argue this as it's obvious you're seeing something no-one else is, but it's pretty clear that Ronaldo is in full stride and his right leg is caught by Woodgate's right knee. If Ronaldo could've, and tried to stay on his feet, he'd have at best stumbled into Schwarzer.

It's a pen.

Morrison is a f*cking tool.

How could Ronaldo have stuck out a leg considering he had run PAST Woodgate?

I'm not going to argue this as it's obvious you're seeing something no-one else is, but it's pretty clear that Ronaldo is in full stride and his right leg is caught by Woodgate's right knee. If Ronaldo could've, and tried to stay on his feet, he'd have at best stumbled into Schwarzer.

It's a pen.

Pretty clear you are looking at it from a Man Utd fan's point of view. Quite a few folk see it as i do aswell, hence the arguements.

Probably deserving of a red but seen far far far worse tackles punished by a yellow.

Yeah, I agree with that. It is a red card and their are worse tackles that have went unpunished.

The fact is though, when a player throws himself in at someone like that, they've lost control of the situation and it's the player who's on the receiving end that has to try and not get injured.

If that had been a Neil Lennon, Roy Keane or Robbie Savage throwing themselve's in at a player, we'd never hear the end of it. Morrison will be told, "oh, it's because you're young..."

And that to me, is utter b*llocks!

Guest Stoney

Ronaldos lucky he jumped or thats a broken leg - no excuse for that.

And it was a stonewall penalty cant believe they are complaining, woodgates an experianced player he should know better.

Ronaldos lucky he jumped or thats a broken leg - no excuse for that.

And it was a stonewall penalty cant believe they are complaining, woodgates an experianced player he should know better.

He clearly holds back his leg and from the angle behind the goal Ronaldo sticks out his leg and kicks him. Hence Ronaldo's claim he "slipped"

Are you stupid?!? :thumbs:

You could run past me and I could still catch your trailing leg like Woodgate does.

Not saying anymore on the subject as it's clear you're just looking for an argument. You're not worth another 10% :applause:

In that case Ronaldo can just as easily stick his leg out and catch Woodgate. Or is that just stupid in your little mind aswell?

He clearly holds back his leg and from the angle behind the goal Ronaldo sticks out his leg and kicks him.

Seriously, what utter cack you're talking! :applause:

You try running as fast as you can, and not slow down as Ronaldo is still running at the same pace when he's taken down, and 'hold back your leg'. I'm no doctor, but unless you're leg detaches itself, it's going with you. :thumbs:

The Ronaldo 'slipping' thing is nonsense. He talks in broken English and actually said, "Of course I felt contact, that is why I slipped. He touched. If he touches me I lose my movement and that is why I go down. He kicked me.""

Yep, you really ARE a 'first class f*ck-wit', :thumbup1::poster_oops:

If you run past somebody, how can you throw your leg backwards?!?

Have you ever played football before? I'm beginning to doubt if you have.

Ronaldo clearly left his leg in, he was looking for it and Woodgate duly obliged.

Yep, you really ARE a 'first class f*ck-wit', :thumbup1::poster_oops:

If you run past somebody, how can you throw your leg backwards?!?

Have you ever played football before? I'm beginning to doubt if you have.

Nobody has said he threw his leg backwards. You made that up. But if you want to get personal take it to PMs of which you have 1 waiting.

Have to say looks like a pen to me. Woodgate is effectively making a tackle from behind and makes no contact with the ball. If the player involved was anyone other than Ronaldo there would not even be a debate.

On a side note how long will this over-aggressive behaviour from Rooney go on, before someone actually does something about it? Is charging over to a player who has commited a foul and grabbing them any better than a fan running over to Lampard and swinging a punch at him??? Jamie Redknapp seems to think that the latter is a crime punishable with a prison sentence, surely the former should be punished with a yellow card?

Guest LondonScottish

Definitely a penalty. He was running at pace past Woodgate, made enough contact to off-balance him, and send him down Cracking strike too!!

Archived