1000 Goals

Baggy89

Of course all 1282 of Pele's were scored in official matches (and some would say actually happened) how silly of me!

Correction young lad, All of Pele's goals came in offical matches that have been verified. He does claim the total would be far far higher if he included his "unofficial" games.

Guest CAPSLOCK

AND NOT A SINGLE ONE AGAINST THE DANDIES.

JUST SHOWS HOW GOOD OUR DEFENCE IS.

(NOT COUNTING SATURDAY)

I'm sorry, but where did I say that? :thumbs:

I stated that I thought it was slightly hypocritical of Pele to question the honesty of someone.

You stated that you did not agree with this statement, as Romario was counting goals in "unofficial" games.

I assumed that this meant that you felt that Pele had scored all his in "official" games, as otherwise it renders your response pointless.

I then stated that I thought Pele had included "unofficial" games, and backed this up by showing his official goal scoring record.

Wikipedia is not official. :laughing:

Pele is recognised as being the only footballer to have scored over 1000 goals in official games, whatever the total is. He is contesting some of the goals that Romario has 'included', which I think is fair enough.

But the record on the page is. It shows all the goals he scored in official games as well as the unofficial games deemed "official" by FIFA so he could have 1000 goals. Thats before you get onto the questionable goals to game ratio he achieved in some seasons. Pele merely doesn't want to no longer be the only person to have "scored" 1000 goals, just as much as Romario wants to have "scored" 1000 goals.

Archived