En-ger-lund

Jaws

Watching McLarens team selections kind of puts in perspective Jimmy's tinkering.

Play your most effective central midfielder on the right. Your best right midfielder on the left, even though he proved only last week that he is not nearly as effective in that position. The most over-hyped and ineffective English central midfielder in the centre. Play Phil Neville and right back because he has the same surname as Gary, but leave out Richards as he only plays there week in week out for his club (see also, Downing).

Still, at least it makes for amusing veiwing.

It's funny, because the same press that lauds them & builds them up is the same press knocking them down.

England have 1 genuine world class player in Gerrard, and lots of very average one's

you simply can'thave it both ways - the expectations for these average players is laughable.

that said a draw away to israel isn't the worst result in the world

It's funny, because the same press that lauds them & builds them up is the same press knocking them down.

England have 1 genuine world class player in Gerrard, and lots of very average one's

you simply can'thave it both ways - the expectations for these average players is laughable.

that said a draw away to israel isn't the worst result in the world

agree with most of what you said there. england do have a decent team but they are so far up there own arses its laughable and great for me to sit back and enjoy. i would add john terry along with gerrard think the guy is a top class defender but he is a prick.

f*ck that. It's an even longer shot, but I hope they beat the bastards.

Andorra are 66/1 to beat Engerland on Wednesday :checkit: Even Andorra taking the lead might be enough. Remember that San Marino game v Engerland? No one remembers the final score but everyone knows who scored the opening goal :laughing:

However I remember watching the last Engerland-Andorra game and I've never seen such a poor excuse for a team and no I'm not talking about Engerland this time.

I'd be delighted if Engerland don't qualify for Euro2008 and over the f*cking moon if we're there and they aren't :rolleyes:

Andorra are 66/1 to beat Engerland on Wednesday :checkit: Even Andorra taking the lead might be enough. Remember that San Marino game v Engerland? No one remembers the final score but everyone knows who scored the opening goal :laughing:

However I remember watching the last Engerland-Andorra game and I've never seen such a poor excuse for a team and no I'm not talking about Engerland this time.

I'd be delighted if Engerland don't qualify for Euro2008 and over the f*cking moon if we're there and they aren't :rolleyes:

7-1 wasn't it but I know what you mean the only reason i can remeber it (I think) is because of who scored first.

7-1 wasn't it but I know what you mean the only reason i can remeber it (I think) is because of who scored first.

Aye, it was 7-1.

Sure Ian Wright missed a sitter to make it 8 and take England to the USA for the Word Cup as well.

Shame, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy......

On the day Mclaren was appointed I took great delight in telling my work colleagues (I work in London) that I thought that he was a rubbish manager and a really poor appointment. I made two predicitions:

1. That McLaren would be sacked within 12 months and

2. England would not qualify for Euro 2008

It gives me great pleasure to remind my colleagues of this on a regular basis. There are a number of brown beer tokens riding on this too.

The funny thing about the Euro 2008 qualifiying is that Englands schedule is front loaded with easier games. Lose one of the games to Russia and they can wave goodbye :laughing:

Andorra v England 28 Mar

Estonia v England 06 Jun

England v Israel 08 Sep

England v Russia 12 Sep

England v Estonia 13 Oct

Russia v England 17 Oct

England v Croatia 21 Nov

England do have more home games then away games left to play. Hopefully though they will suffer from a bit of poor form when they first start at Wemberly, the fact they have a complete donkey as a manager should help.

Andorra v England 28 Mar

Estonia v England 06 Jun

England v Israel 08 Sep

England v Russia 12 Sep

England v Estonia 13 Oct

Russia v England 17 Oct

England v Croatia 21 Nov

England do have more home games then away games left to play. Hopefully though they will suffer from a bit of poor form when they first start at Wemberly, the fact they have a complete donkey as a manager should help.

Though after they've played Andorra and Estonia away they really only have one "easy" game left out of the last 5 games. Israel, Russia and Croatia are all capable of taking points at Wembley.

I think England will lose in Russia

But we can promise everyone connected with England that we will be in Euro 2008. We are confident we can achieve that

Oh how I hope you're wrong Stevie boy.

With Bet 365, Andorra are 80/1. England are 1/66 to win.

Draw HT, Andorra FT is 150/1.

That said, the figures are that high for a reason, and Peterhead could probably beat Andorra!

I still expect England to qualify and Scotland not .

Even if we get a draw against Italy I still fully expect us to f*ck up our remaining games where as I know that England will do just enough to scrape into the competiton before making an arse of themselves again.

Expect 4 - 5 nill England with goals form Andy Johnston and Rooney ( finaly)

Want 0 - 1 With goal by some Barman or Plumber in the 89 minute.

Always knew that was the wrong choice of manager, and dropping Beckam just proved it.

He's just one of those 'nice guys' whom everyone in England seemed to love

I was discussing your first point with BTR in the pub during the England game on Saturday. I think his mistake was dropping Beckham from the squad, not the team. If he had just dropped him from the team, he could have sneaked him back in their if/when required. However, because he made such a show of dropping him from the squad to show that he was a 'strong' manager, he has shot himself in the foot and will just look weak if he now asks Beckahm back.

I don't agree with your second statement though, I know plenty of English folk who don't like him, let alone love him. Even know Boro fans who hated him before he got the England job, so I would say that comment is actually quite far from the truth.

Archived