Scotland, Austria and Switzerland?

The Hobbit

7 games left and you have to say that Scotland should be looking for another 12 points for qualification. For example 3 wins (Georgia, Lithuania, Faroes) 3 draws (Italy x 2 and Ukraine) one defeat (France).

Anybody have an opinion on number of points needed / required to qualify?

I'm sure they'll f*ck it up but anyway....

Table

1 Scotland 5 4 0 1 11 4 7 12

2 France 5 4 0 1 12 2 10 12

3 Ukraine 4 3 0 1 7 4 3 9

4 Italy 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7

5 Lithuania 4 1 1 2 3 4 -1 4

6 Georgia 5 1 0 4 10 11 -1 3

7 Faroe Islands 5 0 0 5 0 20 -20 0

Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Georgia v Faroe Islands, 17:00

Italy v Scotland, 19:50

Ukraine v Lithuania, 16:00

Saturday, 02 June 2007

Faroe Islands v Italy

France v Ukraine

Lithuania v Georgia

Wednesday, 06 June 2007

Faroe Islands v Scotland

France v Georgia

Lithuania v Italy

Saturday, 08 September 2007

Georgia v Ukraine

Italy v France

Scotland v Lithuania

Wednesday, 12 September 2007

France v Scotland

Lithuania v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v Italy

Saturday, 13 October 2007

Faroe Islands v France

Italy v Georgia

Scotland v Ukraine

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

France v Lithuania

Georgia v Scotland

Ukraine v Faroe Islands

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Lithuania v Ukraine

Scotland v Italy

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Georgia v Lithuania

Italy v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v France

24 and we'll be through

So another 12 points then. I see the rest of our games going like this...

Italy v Scotland - 0

Faroe Islands v Scotland - 3

Scotland v Lithuania - 3

France v Scotland - 0

Scotland v Ukraine - 1

Georgia v Scotland - 1

Scotland v Italy - 0

Only 8 points from my predictions. Ukraine and Georgia games will be key, I've predicted draws but if we were to win those games instead then maybe just maybe we can start thinking about Euro2008.

Another 12pts would probably be enough but 12pts will be very hard to achieve. We should beat Lithuania at home and the faroes away but after that it is really in the lap of the gods. We'll certainly need to do better in Georgia than we did at Hampden on saturday and will need to get something from our home games vs Italy and the Ukraine. Hopefully Lithuania and Georgia will nick a point or two off the top3 sides to help us out.

I'd love for Lithuania and Georgia to throw a coupla spanners in the works.

I'd love for Fra, Ita, Ukr to draw a couple of their games against each other.

Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Georgia v Faroe Islands, 17:00

Italy v Scotland, 19:50

Ukraine v Lithuania, 16:00

Saturday, 02 June 2007

Faroe Islands v Italy

France v Ukraine

Lithuania v Georgia

Wednesday, 06 June 2007

Faroe Islands v Scotland

France v Georgia

Lithuania v Italy

Saturday, 08 September 2007

Georgia v Ukraine

Italy v France

Scotland v Lithuania

Wednesday, 12 September 2007

France v Scotland

Lithuania v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v Italy

Saturday, 13 October 2007

Faroe Islands v France

Italy v Georgia

Scotland v Ukraine

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

France v Lithuania

Georgia v Scotland

Ukraine v Faroe Islands

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Lithuania v Ukraine

Scotland v Italy

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Georgia v Lithuania

Italy v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v France

I reckon there's a good chance of the games in bold being drawn.

Which would be nice

IMO its too hard to predict because the top 4 sides have so many games against eachother left. georgia proved on saturday that they are no mugs so anyone going over there will find it difficult.

Scotland have given themselves a huge chance with the start they have had. I seem to be the only one but i think we could pick something up on wednesday leaving us in a brilliant position.

Remaining games-

Italy v Scotland - 1

Faroe Islands v Scotland - 3

Scotland v Lithuania - 3

France v Scotland - 0

Scotland v Ukraine - 3

Georgia v Scotland - 1

Scotland v Italy - 1

Giving us 12 points.

So another 12 points then.

Don't hold me to that, there's always a chance that 21 points might get us through, but i'm going by what McLeish was quoted as saying in the paper the other day. Something along the lines of 24 being his target.

There will be a lot of dropped points between France/Italy/Ukraine, and I think Georgia are capable of an upset.

So, if we're thinking 4 wins from the last 7 games :-

Faroes, Lithuania and Georgia are 3 games that we SHOULD win IMO. Georgia will be tough away, but a fit McFadden and Fletcher in the team will make a HUGE difference. :checkit:

I think we'll get at least a draw against Italy at home in the last game, although the France and Italy away games could be written off as defeats. I really do fancy us to take something from one of those games though. Both of them have been unconvincing so far.

For me though, the big game is against Ukraine at Hampden on Saturday, 13 October 2007. This is a MUST win.

Agree that Ukraine game is massive. We should really take 3 points from our games against Faroes and Lithuania and wouldnt expect to take too much from france and italy away (although 11-1 for scotland to win 1-0 couldnt be passed up). Dont see why we cant take 3 points against the Ukraine at home as their defence isnt too clever.

Its simple really, beat Ukraine at home and take at least 1 point v Italy/France in the remaining ties against them. The other games *should* take care of themselves. Georgia away has definate banana-skin potential but all being well, we should have our more creative players (Fletcher/Mcfadden/Quashie) available to exploit their questionable back-line.

The whole scenario is almost impossible predict. To be honest I'll be happy if we can beat the Faroes, Georgia and Lithuania... the other games will take care of themselves.

I still don't think we can qualify, however I'll start to believe there is a glimmer of hope, should we take something from Italy tomorrow!

Have to beat Faroes and Lithuania. Georgia away we really have to be winning aswell if we are to qualify. That would give us minimum of 21 points which is proably not enough to qualify but have plenty other games to scrape a point here and there and maybe even sneak a win which not only gives us more points but stops rivals picking up points. Ukraine and Italy at home may be crucial.

Can only assume that table will look like this on Wednesday night after the 3 games which will look a lot worse from our perspective, having also played a game more than our rivals:

1 Ukraine 5 4 0 1 12

2 Scotland 6 4 0 2 12

3 France 5 4 0 1 12

4 Italy 5 3 1 1 10

5 Georgia 6 2 0 4 -1 6

6 Lithuania 5 1 1 3 4

7 Faroe Islands 6 0 0 6 0

I read somewhere that 25 points for any team would guarentee Qualification. Can't see us reaching that.

I think we need to win Faroes(a) Lithuania (h).

Take 4 points from Georgia(a) Ukraine(h)

And take another point from Italy (a)+(h) France (a)

That would give us 23 points, which i think we would be unlucky not to qualify with.

I predict us losing out on our head to head record with either Ukraine or Italy.

i think we'll need 24 points at least to qualify, the only way we are going to get that is with 4 wins, we're not going to get 3 wins and three draws.

As i've said in another thread, at the start I said we needed 18 points from the 6 games against Georgia, Faroes and Hearts and then hope for the best. I'd say another 6 from the other 6 games, which I would say means we must beat Ukraine at Hampden, we're not going to get anything in France and we'll do very well to get anything from Italy at home. I'd say our chances of qualifying rest on the Ukraine game at Hampden as well as not slipping up anywhere else.

How would we fancy a last game against Italy needing a draw to put them out and us through, I think I might settle for that at the moment.

I think...

We'll beat Lithuania and Ukraine at home.

We'll beat the Faroes.

The French will beat us.

We'll do well to get a draw in Georgia.

The Italy game is toughest to call, I think. I reckon they will beat us if the last game is a decider. However, a packed Hampden roaring on a Saturday afternoon/evening can conjure up strange results...

Archived