Aidy Boothroyd

Yeah, I don't get the hero worship of a manager who has guided his team to 11 points from safety at the bottom of the league.

The English are becoming the Scots of the 21st century by celebrating glorious failure.

Watford were always going to go back down. They came up a season too early, Boothroyd says it himself. Besides that, he's a good manager

True, he was only like 34 when he took the job as well. Did brilliantly to get them into the Premiership and agree that any manager would of struggled to keep Watford there. Also a decent cup run this season as well. Think he'll move on to a bigger club in the years ahead.

True, he was only like 34 when he took the job as well. Did brilliantly to get them into the Premiership and agree that any manager would of struggled to keep Watford there. Also a decent cup run this season as well. Think he'll move on to a bigger club in the years ahead.

He was 35, but took Watford up in his first season. He said himself it was too much too quick, but the money from this season has turned Watford - as a club - around. The experience will have done them good

Do you know who his assistant manager is?!?

He was 35, but took Watford up in his first season. He said himself it was too much too quick, but the money from this season has turned Watford - as a club - around. The experience will have done them good

Do you know who his assistant manager is?!?

I had no idea until I checked Wikipedia and his assistant is a certain Mr Keith Burkinshaw! :hysterical:

Guest LondonScottish

Wayford were jammy to say the least getting the final promotion spot last year. However. since being in the Premier league, his side have played not bad football , better than anyone estimated at least. They have had quite a few late losing goals, and the odd bad decision, but Watford have gone up massively in my estimations. Boothroyd comes across as a clued up good guy. I see big(ish) thing for the lad in the future...he's onlyt 34ish.....

I had no idea until I checked Wikipedia and his assistant is a certain Mr Keith Burkinshaw! :hysterical:

70 year old he is!

Wayford were jammy to say the least getting the final promotion spot last year. However. since being in the Premier league, his side have played not bad football , better than anyone estimated at least. They have had quite a few late losing goals, and the odd bad decision, but Watford have gone up massively in my estimations. Boothroyd comes across as a clued up good guy. I see big(ish) thing for the lad in the future...he's onlyt 34ish.....

Don't watch much Conference football, so couldn't talk about Wayford and their season, ;) but Watford would've done a lot better in the EPL had they a 15 goal-a-season striker. I know that's an old cliche, but they've played some good football, only lacking that cutting edge.

Losing late goals is a psychological thing IMO, and once you lose a couple of games that way, you become vulnerable as it playes in the back of your player's minds. Almost in the opposite way that some teams keep going to the end as they always feel they can win (Man U and Chelsea are great examples of this).

One thing to bear in mind is the fact they'll have made about

Archived