The best fitba match you've ever seen

After Man United's demolition of Roma last night, this got me thinking about the best game of football I've ever witnessed.

Personally, I thought that Man U's performance last night was the most devastating display of football I've ever seen.

Real Madrid's performance against Man U in 2003, when they won the first leg 3-1 at the Bernabeu, also springs to mind. The Galactico's blew Man U away that night...

Over to you :thumbs:

(if you can include a video link to Youtube or something, that'd be pretty cool)

Guest Stoney

Best international i have attented - Scotland 4 Belarus 1 my 1st scotland game

Best European match i have seen - Man United 4 - Porto 0 one of my 1st euro games and united were meant to be up agaist it

Domestic (Scots) Celtic 2 Aberdeen 3 probably the best game i have seen the dons play - celtic were flying at the time

Domestic (england) United 2 Arsenal 0 the game that stopped arsenals 50 game unbeaten run - the game was amazing both teams were flying the atmosphere was out of this world -

After Man United's demolition of Roma last night, this got me thinking about the best game of football I've ever witnessed.

Personally, I thought that Man U's performance last night was the most devastating display of football I've ever seen.

Real Madrid's performance against Man U in 2003, when they won the first leg 3-1 at the Bernabeu, also springs to mind. The Galactico's blew Man U away that night...

Over to you :dontknow:

(if you can include a video link to Youtube or something, that'd be pretty cool)

youth cup final 1984 (i think). Dons 3-0 down with 18 mins to go and got back to 3-3 and then won 5-3 in extra time. Had everything.

7-3 at Morton runs it close though!!

In the flesh - Aberdeen 6-2 Hearts, November (?) 1992. Game was fairly insignificant in terms of its meaning, but it had absolutely everything, Dons going 2 up very early, Yams making a comeback to level at 2-2 just after half-time then a Duncan Shearer-inspired second-half steamroller session with Tosh McKinlay eventually seeing red for Hearts.

Guest El Padre
In the flesh - Aberdeen 6-2 Hearts, November (?) 1992. Game was fairly insignificant in terms of its meaning, but it had absolutely everything, Dons going 2 up very early, Yams making a comeback to level at 2-2 just after half-time then a Duncan Shearer-inspired second-half steamroller session with Tosh McKinlay eventually seeing red for Hearts.

Brilliant game, them were the days! (After the days that were the days before them days, obviously.)

Brilliant game, them were the days! (After the days that were the days before them days, obviously.)

I appreciate that this is an Aberdeen forum, but do you really think that the Aberdeen games mentioned would be included in a list of 'The Greatest Ever witnessed'?!?

I was thinking more along the lines of :-

Liverpool v AC Milan, Champs League final 2005

Argentina v Serbia, World Cup 2006

AC Milan v Barcelona, Champs League final 1994

And so on, so forth

The Bayern Munich Semi at Pittodrie may well feature though :dontknow:

Guest El Padre
I appreciate that this is an Aberdeen forum, but do you really think that the Aberdeen games mentioned would be included in a list of 'The Greatest Ever witnessed'?!?

I was thinking more along the lines of :-

Liverpool v AC Milan, Champs League final 2005

Argentina v Serbia, World Cup 2006

AC Milan v Barcelona, Champs League final 1994

And so on, so forth

The Bayern Munich Semi at Pittodrie may well feature though :dontknow:

To be fair, I thought you meant games we had attended.

Went to Barcelona vs Celta Vigo a couple of years ago to see Ronaldhino pick up his world player of the year award, and that was a belter of a game. :dontknow:

Guest El Padre
Apologies, I meant any game that you've seen where you've just sat/stood watching in amazement!

Saturdays game. Not for good reasons though. :dontknow:

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich a few seasons ago. One nil to Real, a goal from Zidane, but it was breathtaking for Zizou's performance that night. Utterly amazing, I've never seen anything like it, and I think i'd be hard pushed to ever see such a fine individual performance as that night.

The Bayern players tried to resort to kicking him in the last twenty minutes, he still got away from them with the ball though. He owned Bayern that night, will never, ever forget it.

mmm Scotland U21's vs Germany U21's 4-3 with Alex Rae (i think) scoring the winner after Scotland was down 3-1, Pittodrie was some atmosphere that night which featured Jess, Booth and Drunken Duncan!!!.

I would agree with that! Pittodrie was rocking that night!

best games that i have physicaly attended include...

aberdeen 2 v 0 rangers, 1st trip to pittodrie :thumbs: sat with the huns :dontknow: 1990 maybe? ill need to dig out the program.

1990 scottish cup final, aberdeen v celtic

1996 coca-cola cup morton v aberdeen

scotland1 0 france at hampden

barca 5 v 0 levskia sofia this seasons champions league

Edit: also remember sitting in the pissing rain on the wooden benches at Kilbowie for that replay!

best games i have watched on the telly, the man u v bayern munich champions league final was pretty amazing. Anyone remember the 2 aberdeen fans at that game? they were caught on camera at the end of the match, had that black away strip on with the gold trim.

;)

Aberdeen v Bayern Munich 1983 - QF ECWC

I think it was the first time I saw a "bicycle kick" volley like Hewitt's, I've been trying it ever since. :soapbox:

The up/down of it, great goals and that free kick.

My favourite football match of all time.

The AFC v Rangers 4-0 Scottish and the 3-3 Skol Cup finals both come close.

Holland 2 Czech Republic 3 at Euro 2004: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...004/3787537.stm and Everton 4 Liverpool 4 in the FA Cup (think it was Dalglish's last game, 1991 maybe) are the best two games I think I've watched on tv. Best games I've been at (and its the same old problem - how do you define 'best') are probably Scotland 1 Holland 0 and Scotland 1 France 0 in recent years at Hampden, and Aberdeen 3 Rangers 2 from last season and Aberdeen 2 Dundee United 1 from '95.

mmm Scotland U21's vs Germany U21's 4-3 with Alex Rae (i think) scoring the winner after Scotland was down 3-1, Pittodrie was some atmosphere that night which featured Jess, Booth and Drunken Duncan!!!.

Yeah that was an amazing atmosphere that night. Couldn't remember who it was that scored the winner, just remember nearly tripping over the bench in front of me when we scored :soapbox:

best game i've been to was probably the Hertha Berlin 1st leg. Hertha were 1st or 2nd in the league at the time and had many class internationals, and if we had that little bit more composure we could have won the game. Considering there was only about 10,000 or so fans there, the atmosphere was electric and Bisconti gave one of the greatest performances i've EVER seen by a Dons player that day.

Despite the heavy defeat, the 2000 Cup final against the Huns was a great day out for the fans, made great by us all ding the conga and enjoying the party atmosphere. the killjoy stewards tried to ruin it all, but that's what happens when their beloved Huns win gets spoilt by OUR Great Fans

Finally, all time favourite game i haven't been to is an all-time classic:

EURO 2000 group stage - Yugoslavia 3 Spain 4 Alfonso scoring in the 95th minute. :thumbs:

Motson's reaction to that goal was brilliant, totally lost his voice. :thumbs:

Despite the heavy defeat, the 2000 Cup final against the Huns was a great day out for the fans, made great by us all ding the conga and enjoying the party atmosphere. the killjoy stewards tried to ruin it all, but that's what happens when their beloved Huns win gets spoilt by OUR Great Fans

The tartan army haters will be after you.

Apparently your not allowed to enjoy yourself if you don't win a game!

I would agree with that! Pittodrie was rocking that night!

Thirded, TOP night :soapbox: Some comeback, last 15 minutes was it not??

Then Alec Smith had to go and ruin that as well! (The Sweden game)

i was at that one as well and would say its the best game ive ever seen. Was only 7 at the time as well but remember it well, at that age i just assumed all football would be that good and then went to the semi against Sweden and it was crap.

The sweden game was the only time that I ever sat in the old beach end though.

have to agree with those saying the U-21 game vs Ze Germans. That was my only game in the old Beach End. I was never in any doubt that we'd win. How could we not? Jess was playing!

I don't think I'll see another game like it. It has extra glory and magnificence because I was wee, everything was big, cynicism was alien and everything was great.

Archived