Wanting an all English Final

This goes against everything that I would normally want as I hate seeing English teams (apart from Newcastle) do well in Europe and I hate the European Cup having so many teams from one country at a late stage and two from the same country in the final but alas I have no choice but to want an all English final.

It would have been a different story had Bayern beaten Milan tonight, I then would have wanted Bayern in the final but I just cannot want a team that CHEATED during its league games last season, thus menaing that they gained their slot in the competition through CHEATING to win anything. At the end of the day they are going to qualify for the European Cup again next year thus the punishment imposed on them for CHEATING will be almost nothing at all. It's an utter utter disgrace. There is no way that they should have been allowed to compete in the European Cup.

COME ON MAN U

Rant over.

I didn't realise that the draw for the semis had been made before last night, I was wanting a Man Utd - Bayern final. Oh well! I'll be hoping for a Man Utd - Liverpool final now. Man Utd because they are easily the best footballing side left in the tournament, not because I'm one of these people who has an English team.

I really don't care about the other semi-final although I would probably prefer it if Liverpool went through although it will by being the lesser of two evils. Don't really care for Chelsea or Liverpool but if Liverpool go through then Benetiz will just get on with it, Mourinho will no doubt be crowing about it if Chelsea win it. As for the final, Man Utd hopefully as Fergie deserves it after coming back from people saying he was finished.

Do you think he would retire if they won the treble again and surely it would end any doubt about him being the greatest manager ever?

Do you think he would retire?

Would you retire from the team he's building again after the way they've performed this season, especially so after what they did to Roma on Tuesday night?!? :thumbs:

I for one would be relishing the opportunity to work with his current squad of players. He'll be enjoying his football now as much as he's ever been. I cannot see when he's going to retire to be honest! :thumbs:

i've said this before but the champions league is a joke. its a tournament designed for the big boys to make more money.

the fact that there are 3 english teams in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final is laughable.

i couldnt care who wins it. winning the European cup was something special before but its basically the same teams every year now.

the only thing that would sway me towards milan winning it would be the fact that if its an all english team final we will get the usuasl "this is the best league in the world" mince from the english.

Guest TenementFunster
I would think that that is quite a good way to gauge the quality of teams in any league?

The top two or three anyway.

it says alot about the teams but not the league.

the fact is that after the top 3 or 4 in the premiership its actually quite sh*t. bolton, tottenham, everton etc are boring as f*ck.

But Spurs are in the latter stages of the UEFA cup and I'd have to disagree that they're boring.

I'm not saying that the Premiership's the best league in the world. I'm just saying that they could justify claiming that they were.

Three English sides progressed beyond the group stages of the UEFA cup this season and four progressed beyond the groups in the Champions League. Now there are three teams in the semis of the CL and Spurs have a chance (a chance, albeit hampered by that dodgy ref!) of the semis in the UC.

Couple this with the fact that there was English representation in both the UEFA cup and Champions League finals last season, and the Sassenachs have a pretty good argument!

Guest LondonScottish

the fact is that after the top 3 or 4 in the premiership its actually quite sh*t. bolton, tottenham, everton etc are boring as f*ck.

Tottenham boring??? A Spurs game these days is likely to be very entertaining. End to end with loads of goals...... Can't see much boring about that.

Guest Stoney
I think it's mathematically impossible for us to win the league title now - Celtic are bound to wrap it up soon.

What? Eh? Oh.

That would have worked for you if i hadnt mentioned the champions league :itch-chin:

Guest Stoney
Not in the post I quoted you didn't :dontknow:

How could a thread about the Champions league being an all english final have anything to do with Aberdeen :itch-chin:

That is the same with every league though.

Spain - Barca, Real, Valencia ...........

Italy - Milan, Inter, Juve, . .........

Holland - PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord........

Scotland.........................

To be honest, as much as i hate the English, the Premiership is probably the best league in Europe at the moment.

Archived