Thieving bastards!

TheChimp

Guest LondonScottish

Does it not reflect the ticket prices at Stamford Bridge, if not cheaper?? Average Wembley ticket for the cup final will probably be around

Guest El Padre
Does it not reflect the ticket prices at Stamford Bridge, if not cheaper?? Average Wembley ticket for the cup final will probably be around

aye I dont think that the tickets for the Scottish Cup final will be very cheap either.

How are the prices for Scotland games these days, I'm almost thinking about going back after abstaining from Hampden for a 4 year period. Before people start accusing me of only coming back because it's getting good, you are 100% spot on. I went to the Scotland vs Rep of Ire friendly in 2003 and vowed after that not to go back to a Scotland international until I saw a marked improvement.

The Glasgow Caley football team I was a member of won the title that afternoon in St Andrews and I missed the party on the bus to go to Hampden with a couple of mates who picked me up in St Andrews after the game. After that performance by f*ck I was angry that I went to Hampden.

aye I dont think that the tickets for the Scottish Cup final will be very cheap either.

How are the prices for Scotland games these days, I'm almost thinking about going back after abstaining from Hampden for a 4 year period. Before people start accusing me of only coming back because it's getting good, you are 100% spot on. I went to the Scotland vs Rep of Ire friendly in 2003 and vowed after that not to go back to a Scotland international until I saw a marked improvement.

The Glasgow Caley football team I was a member of won the title that afternoon in St Andrews and I missed the party on the bus to go to Hampden with a couple of mates who picked me up in St Andrews after the game. After that performance by f*ck I was angry that I went to Hampden.

Prices for the Scottish Cup Semis are between

English club fans are being ripped off week in week out, and something needs to be done to stop this!!!

Watching English sport in general seems to be the new hobby of choice for the middle/upper classes in England, so if folk can charge through the nose for these pricks and they still get sell outs, then by all means go for it.

When England fans can outnumber Portugal fans during their game at Euro 2004, then you know there is a fortune to be made. Do you think these clubs and associations care about the poor little guy?

Do you think these clubs and associations care about the poor little guy?

No, of course they don't, but there will have to be a breaking point somewhere. The prices just cant continue to rise like that.

I can't remember what team it was - perhaps Bolton or Blackburn - have said that they will not be increasing prices for match tickets or season tickets for next year. Although Bolton and Blackburn are very different to ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea (the latter two being the worst for prices I believe), you'd hope that if the rest of the league froze prices or brought them down, the bigger teams would be forced to do the same.

No, of course they don't, but there will have to be a breaking point somewhere. The prices just cant continue to rise like that.

I can't remember what team it was - perhaps Bolton or Blackburn - have said that they will not be increasing prices for match tickets or season tickets for next year. Although Bolton and Blackburn are very different to ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea (the latter two being the worst for prices I believe), you'd hope that if the rest of the league froze prices or brought them down, the bigger teams would be forced to do the same.

You'd hope, but they won't.

And the only reason Blackburn and Bolton are reducing the prices of tickets is to make more money. They can spin it how they want (oh we're giving something back to the fans) but if they can get a few more people through the gates and make a few quid then that's all they care about.

You'd hope, but they won't.

And the only reason Blackburn and Bolton are reducing the prices of tickets is to make more money. They can spin it how they want (oh we're giving something back to the fans) but if they can get a few more people through the gates and make a few quid then that's all they care about.

I don't think it really matters the reasons for them reducing prices, the important thing is that they are reducing prices and that's what every fan wants.

Guest LondonScottish

Why should Chelsea or Man Utd reduce prices. Football is a business; supply and demand, so with full houses every week there is no sense in reducing ticket prices.

Why should Chelsea or Man Utd reduce prices. Football is a business; supply and demand, so with full houses every week there is no sense in reducing ticket prices.

True but you don't want to alienate a whole generation of fans away due to overpricing like Chelsea are doing. If and when the money runs out these are the fans they will need at the club as the glory hunters drift away to the next successful club.

Pretty much as K9 says. The average age of a match goer in the Premiership is 43 years old, where it used to be much, much lower even ten years ago. That tells you that for younger people, the prices are just too much. If children, teenagers, guys in their 20's cant afford to go, they're effectively lost to the club as they find other things to do with their time (as Aberdeen are discovering). If, or when the prawn sandwich brigade get fed up with it and move on to their next fad, the "real" fans have been lost. Not everything stays the same forever.

Chelsea and Arsenal probably have the right to charge more though as theres more money in London in general for people to spend. I know that the cost of living is a lot higher there than in other English cities but people are generally getting paid more. I'm not sure of all companies but one of the ones that I used to work for had a London allowance meaning anyone working in London got paid more than people doing the same job everywhere else in the UK.

Archived