PFA Player of the Year

Nominations for PFA Player of the Year

Cristiano Ronaldo

Didier Drogba

Paul Scholes

Ryan Giggs

Steven Gerrard

Cesc Fabregas

I'd love to see Giggs/Scholes get it, but Ronaldo is surely a dead cert to win it!

I cannot understand why Gerrard and Fabregas are up for this award though. Brilliant in flashes, but for the whole season?!? No chance

Nominations for PFA Young Player of the Year

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

Cesc Fabregas

Aaron Lennon

Kevin Doyle

Micah Richards

Ronaldo again without doubt, although Kevin Doyle has been outstanding for Reading all season and it'd be good to see him get it if Ronaldo was to win the main award. I can see Ronaldo doing a 'Maloney' and winning both awards though.

The other 4 haven't been consistent enough to win the award IMO.

I'd love to see Giggs get it, but Ronaldo is surely a dead cert to win it!

I cannot understand why Rooney, Gerrard and Fabregas are up for this award though. Brilliant in flashes, but for the whole season?!? No chance

Ronaldo again without doubt, although Kevin Doyle has been outstanding for Reading all season and it'd be good to see him get it if Ronaldo was to win the main award. I can see Ronaldo doing a 'Maloney' and winning both awards though.

The other 4 haven't been consistent enough to win the award IMO.

I don't see the need for even having a shortlist.

Ronaldo should walk away with both awards.

nobody comes even close to how good he has been.

I am utterly baffled as to why Berbatov is not in this. Ok, he wouldn't win it, but he's been a revelation at Spurs. Think Benny McCarthy deserves a mention too as does Nemanja Vidic.

Start of the season wasn't even a regular starter for Spurs with Keane, Defoe and Mido all battling with him for starts. Come right on to his game though and been excellent for Spurs and could easily have made it into shortlist although doesn't even make it into top 15 Premiership scorers this season.

Surprised no Lampard in there either. Another 22 goals from midfield along with countless assists.

I am utterly baffled as to why Berbatov is not in this. Ok, he wouldn't win it, but he's been a revelation at Spurs. Think Benny McCarthy deserves a mention too as does Nemanja Vidic.

:appl:

Gerrard, Rooney and Fabregas are great players, but are they in the top 7 this season? In flashes yes, but over the season as a whole, no way.

I can think of a few players who have been outstanding this season, and should be up for the award.

Vidic - Revelation for United this year. Consistently good as well.

Carvalho - Doesn't get the praise he deserves. Much better all round player than John Terry IMO

Essien - Chelsea's best player by a long way

McCarthy - Think he's scored around 20 goals for Blackburn this season. Compare that to Shevchenko! :itch-chin:

Berbatov - Class act. Would be surprised if he's not at one of the top 4 in the next year.

David James - Has been brilliant in goal for Portsmouth this year

McCarthy 19 goals

Believe it or not Shevchenko actually has 15!!

15 is not that bad I suppose.

When I meant compare it, I was talking in terms of goals-to-shots ratio, games/minutes played, etc. I think McCarthy would outstrip Shevchenko here, but I could be wrong?!? :itch-chin:

Bear in mind Chelsea and Blackburn's league positions as well.

15 is not that bad I suppose.

When I meant compare it, I was talking in terms of goals-to-shots ratio, games/minutes played, etc. Bear in mind Chelsea and Blackburn's league positions as well though.

Just noticed Giggs has only played in 36 of Man Utd's 58 which is just 62% of their matches. Surely shouldn't be in there either!!

Ronaldo will surely win them both, he's been different class this season and could easily be one of the people in the running for European and World player of the year come the end of the year.

His first wee while at Man Utd there were all the tricks but no end product now there is something happening at the end of the runs and he's become more of an all round team player, I love watching him.

It's Gerry Mcnee as soon as you seen his name and knew it was article you should have just started ranting and raving whilst laughing aswell as they are usually that bad.

Ronaldo hasna been consistant since he came but must admit he's becoming more and more every week, against Watford he was untouable again and every time he was hacked down he just laughed and got on with, for the type of player he is he hardly ever makes a mountain out of a mole hill once hacked down.

It just sums my posts up though, maybe you should try something like that aswell, like this "sorry if i come across as a complete c*nt, i must admit i do try to please" would sum you up like LOLLOL IT'S A JOKE

Taken from Dictionary.com- Joke - Noun

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

4. something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.

5. practical joke.

I don't see why anyone can call these strange choices. The PFA is the players union and these choices reflect the opinions of the people who play against these guys week in week out. It doesn't reflect the opinion of people who watch them 2 times a season when the play against Manchester United.

Debatable, but that's why I said 'pretty much' every game :laughing:

Players don't get 'Player of the Year' awards for one game, that's what they have 'Man of the Match' awards for.

Exactly - player of the YEAR - not player of just over half the year. Giggs should not be in there!! Henry has played almost as many games as him!!

I don't see why anyone can call these strange choices. The PFA is the players union and these choices reflect the opinions of the people who play against these guys week in week out. It doesn't reflect the opinion of people who watch them 2 times a season when the play against Manchester United.

:itch-chin:

I think it's safe to assume that most of the people on here have seen Fabregas, Gerrard and Rooney play more than twice this season. They are great players, but haven't been consistent enough to be short-listed IMO.

Ronaldo, Scholes, Drogba and Giggs make perfect sense. The likes of Carvalho/Essien/Vidic have performed consistently better than the aforementioned 3.

Archived