SFA stupidity

They have announced that tickets might be on sale at the gate.

The Scottish FA will wait until the eve of the Scottish Cup semi final replay between Hibs and Dunfermline to decide if tickets can be sold at the stadium.

Strathclyde Police told BBC Sport that, due to the low crowd expected at Hampden on 24 April, they have no objection to sales at the ground.

But the SFA's late ruling will therefore force fans to make arrangements for tickets in advance.

Sunday's 0-0 draw between the sides was watched by 25,336.

I'm sure they could make a decision a bit earlier then the day before the game.

They have announced that tickets might be on sale at the gate.

I'm sure they could make a decision a bit earlier then the day before the game.

That will basically to try to force folk to get tickets in advance. Can understand why aswell.

Guest TenementFunster
They should have decided the tie on the day.

Think that is where the problem lies. If you are going to make it a neutral venue it should really be a one off event, much like the final itself especially when it's the business end of the season.

That said, the stupidity involved in keeping the game at the deserted canyon that will be Hampden on the night, is mystifying.

Took this from Hibs.net - a fan emailed the SFA and this was the response.

Why is this game at Hampden and not Tynecastle?

(even Dunfermline would prefer this)

Why is it all ticket..............................for a Tuesday night game?

Why is it live on Sky?

and if live on Sky, why not reduce the ticket prices?

Thanks for nothing from a very disgruntled Hibs fan.

We have been to Hampden last Sunday, are going to Aberdeen this weekend and Hampden again on Tuesday.

HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU THINK THAT WE HAVE TO SPEND ON FOOTBALL?

Eddie

Season Ticket Holder & Shareholder

And their reply:

Dear Eddie,

Thanks for your email. I hope the following explains the background to the match:

The SFA held operational planning meetings with the clubs on 5 March and 12 April at which Hampden Park was proposed by the SFA as the replay venue. At no stage over that six week period did either club suggest any alternative, or query the choice of stadium.

Hampden Park is the national stadium, clubs are generally keen to play there, and unless there are alternative proposals from the clubs (as in the 2004 replay between Dunfermline and Inverness, played at Pittodrie) it will remain the venue for major matches.

The estimated attendance for the semi-final replay next week is 15,000. This is based on the figures provided by the clubs, with Dunfermline expecting 4,000 supporters, and Hibs expecting 11,000. These are obviously guesstimates, but the clubs are in the best position to know how many supporters they will bring.

Ticket prices are set by the SFA Board of Directors, and the ticketing revenue is divided equally between the clubs after match expenses have been met. The base ticket price of

I would agree K9 if Hibs and Dunfermline were given the opportunity to play a replay at a venue closer to both of them and they chose not to do so it's a disgrace

More than likely because it would cost more to hire out Tynecastle or Murrayfield than it will to play at Hampden which SFA are entitled to already. Playing elsewhere would cut into profits from ticket sales!!

More than likely because it would cost more to hire out Tynecastle or Murrayfield than it will to play at Hampden which SFA are entitled to already. Playing elsewhere would cut into profits from ticket sales!!

Correct, the SFA are not that bad to be honest and at least they are open about it.

I think replays in Scotland should be scrapped altogether.

I also think playing a Semi Final takes the shine off playing at Hampden in the final, that needs to be re-addressed and change in my view. Hampden should be for a final ONLY!

The SFA are proposing scrapping semi-final replays I'd be happy to see that happen but keep replays for the rounds before that because the semi-final is played at a neutral venue.

Archived