Alan Ball RIP

England World Cup winner Alan Ball has died at the age of 61.

Ball was a key member of the England side that won the World Cup in 1966 and went on to win 72 caps for his country.

He started his career at Blackpool and went on to play for Everton, Arsenal, Southampton, before a playing spell in the United States of America.

He also managed seven clubs over a 19-year period, including two spells with Portsmouth as well as Southampton and Manchester City

England World Cup winner Alan Ball has died at the age of 61.

Ball was a key member of the England side that won the World Cup in 1966 and went on to win 72 caps for his country.

Did England win the World Cup! When did that happen? I must have missed it? :itch-chin:

Seriously though that's a bit of a shock, 61 isn't that old nowerdays. RIP

had he been ill or anything. I think he was one of the ones that got really riled up when we beat them in 1967, seem to recall stories of how much the Scottish players were taking the piss out of him in that game.

Scotland players were calling him Jimmy Clithero who I believ was a squeeky voiced comedian or other celebrity at the time. He was apparently raging :itch-chin:

Don't like to see anyone dying so young. :dontknow:

I'm going to go to hell for this, but this hasn't really had a massive impact on me. I've never liked the guy to be perfectly honest. I would never wish death upon anyone, even my greatest enemies, but when I heard about Alan Ball had died, I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not really 'that' concerned to be honest.

It may sound sick, but I can probably see many, having the same view as myself. Never liked the guy. Now he's passed away, my opinion is still the same!!

Ditto.

I'm going to go to hell for this, but this hasn't really had a massive impact on me. I've never liked the guy to be perfectly honest. I would never wish death upon anyone, even my greatest enemies, but when I heard about Alan Ball had died, I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not really 'that' concerned to be honest.

It may sound sick, but I can probably see many, having the same view as myself. Never liked the guy. Now he's passed away, my opinion is still the same!!

Doesn't sound sick at all, he didn't have an impact on me either. The guy played his football down south, not up here woo-pee do he played for England but i support scotland so like you i'm not that concerned either because i really didn't know the guy.

:thumbs:

Squeaky voiced wee prick.

Apparently David Beckham has been asked to drive Alan Ball's hearse..............................................

................ they reckon he delivers the best dead ball in the world. :angry2:

*runs like feck from all the PC folk wanting to kill me*