SFL Playoffs

Guest ultrarobin

Guest ultrarobin

I seem to recall last year they were very poorly advertised and not many people actually knew when they were on. Can anyone shed any light on this, or has it yet to be decided? Quite fancy attending the div. 3 final if arbroath make it... :dontknow:

I seem to recall last year they were very poorly advertised and not many people actually knew when they were on. Can anyone shed any light on this, or has it yet to be decided? Quite fancy attending the div. 3 final if arbroath make it... :dontknow:

Wednesday 2nd May, 2007

First Division Play Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

Brechin City v Airdrie United

Raith V Stirling Albion

Second Division Play Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

Stranraer V East Fife

Queen's Park V Arbroath

Saturday 5th May, 2007

Semi-Final 2nd Leg

RETURN FIXTURES

Wednesday 9th May,and Saturday 12th May 2007

FINAL 2Legs

Winners of Raith V Stirling and Queens V Arbroath at home for first leg

I seem to recall last year they were very poorly advertised and not many people actually knew when they were on. Can anyone shed any light on this, or has it yet to be decided? Quite fancy attending the div. 3 final if arbroath make it... :dance:

poorly advertised???? Peterhead had 3700 for the Partick play-off and about 3,000 for the previous game against Morton. Don't think it was poorly advertised to be honest.

Guest ultrarobin

By poorly advertised, there was no coverage on the BBC Sport sites at all, weren't on fixture list or anything like that, nothing appeared till after the finals, even the SFL website itself had absolutely nothing. Then again, that website is a shambles at the best of times...

Guest ultrarobin
Have to say Radio Scotland's coverage of the Playoffs last season was excellent.

I must have been looking at the wrong website then :checkit:

Ah well, here's hoping for an Arbroath final!

Aye I remember listening to Thistle fluking their way to victory up in Peterhead

:applause:

The Toon's dismal performance in the league this season though kind of vindicated my theory they'd have come straight back down anyway.

I think they will be strong next season though.

Do people not think it would be better to have the final at a neutral venue, not hampden, but somewhere close to both the teams.

ie. if east fife and arbroath make the final, have it at tannadice, or if stirling and airdrie make it have it at firhill.

Would give final some real importance by giving the fans a proper day out.

I am sure this is how they do it in england and its like a cup final to these teams.

Do people not think it would be better to have the final at a neutral venue, not hampden, but somewhere close to both the teams.

ie. if east fife and arbroath make the final, have it at tannadice, or if stirling and airdrie make it have it at firhill.

Would give final some real importance by giving the fans a proper day out.

I am sure this is how they do it in england and its like a cup final to these teams.

Nah pretty sure it's always been at Wembley/Cardiff.

Guest ultrarobin

Queens Park 2-0 Arbroath.

Gutted.

Balders, that one was at Hampden at least, shame only 900 people could make it though... :itch-chin: