Allardyce Resigns

Basically, I think his position became untenable, after his intentions were leaked to the press yesterday. Pleased to see the back of him, his style of football, while very successful, is mind-numbingly boring. I usually change the channel during MOTD when Bolton are featured.

Unfortunately, its looking like he'll be at Man City next season.... here's hoping he'll still be out of a job!

Guest LondonScottish

The board had known for some weeks that he intended to resign at the end of the season. This was never meant to come out until Bolton's season was effectively over, but it got leaked to the press and Allardyce probably found his position untenable. Whether he goes to Man City or where-ever, he will always be held with the highest regard from Bolton fans I would imagine.

Guest LondonScottish
Clever bet to stick on would be Chris coleman to replace him, he was linked a while ago down in england.

This sounds as clever as the free-money "Stuart pearce definitely going to be sacked" bet..........

But that one never came from me and at the time he was a cert to go down and everyone was sticking a few bob on him getting dunted.

Never rated Coleman, And do not think Bolton would go near him.

Young upcoming manager like Boothroyd or Davis ( If Derby dont go up ) would be my bet.

Who ever it is, I think its the old poison chalice as Bolton have been over achieving in recent years due to Sam.

Never rated Coleman, And do not think Bolton would go near him.

Coleman = plug. They need better than him.

Coleman worked wonders at a small club, with a ridiculously low budget.

Watch what happens to Fulham in his absence.

They'll get relegated, either this season or next, that is a certainty.

Coleman worked wonders at a small club, with a ridiculously low budget.

Watch what happens to Fulham in his absence.

They'll get relegated, either this season or next, that is a certainty.

If Coleman worked wonders, Why did he get sacked ?

I cant say he has done anything of real note over the years, Just a Fulham son who was appointed manager after a career in football was cut short.

been over this ground. he lost his best players for shag all and wasnt given money to replace them- van der saar, malbranque, boa morte

tigana before his squandered millions on players well over their transfer value - van der saar and marlet

jimmy bullard gets crocked very early when they were doing well, had he not scored in 3 successive games and they were top 8 at that point.

took in montella who has scored 3 in 5, were very unlucky to lose to man utd few weeks back.

coleman has done wonders for them and yet hes been f*cked over. arguably he coudlnt take them any further but then he at least was heading in the right direction, sanchez and the butcher are taking them into the championship

Guest LondonScottish
A journalist on Five Live yesterday was Adam Ant that Allardyce will be appointed Newcastle manager in the summer.

I am almost 100% sure he's going to Newcastle. They very nearly got him 2 years ago, but he hadn't finished the job at Bolton, Newcastle were going through a transitional period and Big Sam had one eye on the England job back then.