Joey Barton

linky

Man City ban Barton after bust-up

Manchester City have suspended Joey Barton for the rest of the season after he hit team-mate Ousmane Dabo in training, BBC Sport understands. Dabo had to go to hospital after sustaining injuries to his mouth during the incident at Carrington on Tuesday.

Barton's agent, Willie McKay, was responsible for bringing Dabo to City from Lazio in June 2006.

He told BBC Sport: "As far as I've heard, Joey was defending himself. But because it is Joey it makes headlines."

McKay added: "It happens on training grounds all over the country, from Chelsea to Yeovil."

City are currently refusing to confirm the identity of the player who has been suspended.

A club statement read: "We can confirm that a player has been suspended pending an internal investigation."

Former France international Dabo, 30, signed a three-year deal with City last year. Midfielder Barton, 24, won his first England cap in the friendly against Spain at Old Trafford in February.

are you honestly that retarded?

did you not see the list of infringements on sky sports news?

the cigar in the team mates eye is surely reason enough to not want him. the innumerous cards hes got over the years, the number of police enquiries also.

hes NOT the type of player any club needs. if you could remove some of that nature he has to self destruct then he could be great, but hes massively flawed. even roy keane wasnt this bad!

bit of investigative journalism here;

2004:

Sent off after half-time in an FA Cup tie at Tottenham with his team 3-0 down. City go on to win 4-3.

Stormed out of Eastlands before kick-off after being axed from the side to face Southampton.

Blasted by manager Kevin Keegan for causing a mass brawl in pre-season friendly at Doncaster where he was sent off IN A FRIENDLY!

2005:

Stubbed a lit cigar into the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during club's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by City. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately

Guest TenementFunster

He's nice to his mother. Aside from his other "offences", this one seems to be a load of sh*te. Training ground bust ups seem to be a regular thing and to be suspended seems a bit harsh.

He's nice to his mother. Aside from his other "offences", this one seems to be a load of sh*te. Training ground bust ups seem to be a regular thing and to be suspended seems a bit harsh.

You're right, but sending one of your team-mates to hospital is a bit more than a 'bust-up'. The guy is a knobjockey

I'm going to give MiniJC the benefit of the doubt here, I think that Barton is of prime importance to Man City and that he's a cracking player who sometimes goes a bit over the top. His comments about the England books have apparently caused a bit of friction in the England camp and Lampard has taken offence to what he said in particular. Gerrard apparently just had a laugh about it with him though.

If he gets that bad boy side of him out of the way off the pitch then I think he could be a cracking player in the next few years.

Aberdeen need an in your face type of player perhaps both on and off the park, although I agree that some of Bartons antics have been a bit much something similar in the Aberdeen squad would perhaps not go a miss upon occassion.

I'm going to give MiniJC the benefit of the doubt here, I think that Barton is of prime importance to Man City and that he's a cracking player who sometimes goes a bit over the top. His comments about the England books have apparently caused a bit of friction in the England camp and Lampard has taken offence to what he said in particular. Gerrard apparently just had a laugh about it with him though.

If he gets that bad boy side of him out of the way off the pitch then I think he could be a cracking player in the next few years.

Aberdeen need an in your face type of player perhaps both on and off the park, although I agree that some of Bartons antics have been a bit much something similar in the Aberdeen squad would perhaps not go a miss upon occassion.

Cheers atleast someone else knows what they are talking about!!! :itch-chin:

If we got a player like him i'd be over the moon, xmas night oot players bump in to huns and our Barton type player sticks a fag in his eye, i'm sure he'd be loved.

You ever had a cigarette stubbed out on you? It's f*cking agony. A mate accidentally stubbed one out on my hand before and it was bloody sore, so I can't imagine what it'd be like to have a CIGAR stubbed out in my EYE.

There's no disputing his footballing abilities, but the guy's a wanker.

Guest Stoney
bit of investigative journalism here;

2004:

Sent off after half-time in an FA Cup tie at Tottenham with his team 3-0 down. City go on to win 4-3.

Stormed out of Eastlands before kick-off after being axed from the side to face Southampton.

Blasted by manager Kevin Keegan for causing a mass brawl in pre-season friendly at Doncaster where he was sent off IN A FRIENDLY!

2005:

Stubbed a lit cigar into the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during club's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by City. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately

Dabo may sue Barton over 'attack'

Manchester City midfielder Ousmane Dabo is threatening legal action against team-mate Joey Barton following their training ground bust-up on Tuesday. Dabo, 31, was left unconscious and with a bruised eye after Barton's attack.

"I went to turn around, he hit me and knocked me out. He is a despicable coward, it wasn't a fair fight," Dabo told L'Equipe. "I am disfigured.

"This is why I am in serious talks with my lawyers to see what I can do. This should not be allowed to happen."

Dabo also accused the Professional Footballers' Association of trying to help Barton but not getting in touch with him, a claim chief executive Gordon Taylor denies.

"We've been in touch with Manchester City and have been trying to make contact with both players," said Taylor.

"As regards Dabo, [PFA executive] Richard Jobson is looking to make contact with him because he deals with his brother Moussa at Oldham on a regular basis."

Dabo had to be taken to hospital after Tuesday's incident, which has led to City banning Barton until the end of the season.

But boss Stuart Pearce says the matter will not affect the club ahead of the Manchester derby against United on Saturday.

"There will be no negative response," said Pearce. "The way the squad have handled everything has been a credit to themselves. I am sure they are galvanised by it.

"The matter is now the subject of an internal disciplinary hearing.

"The board will be involved, as will myself, and we will deal with it after the season ends."

Barton's agent Willie McKay said on Wednesday that he had been banned by City because he was "an easy target" and that he was acting "in self-defence".

McKay also suggested he was Dabo's agent, a claim the Frenchman was quick to deny.

"Let's get one thing clear," added Dabo in the Daily Telegraph. "McKay has never been my agent. He only assisted my real agent with my transfer last summer.

"Secondly, he should have checked his facts before saying I was the aggressor.

"He has actually called me since to apologise for getting the story wrong, but it's too late because in the eyes of many I'm seen as the one who started the fight.

"But that's absolutely not true and that is why I'm so keen to get my side of the story across."

:angry2: Bye bye Joey

Celtic are supposedly after him!

yahoo news

From the description of the attack I wouldnt be suprised if he gets jailed, he must have previous.

Be good to have him in the Celtic squad, given training sesions every week it wouldnt take long before he snaps a team mate, however you would like to think that even the old firm wouldnt sign a player with his "problems".