Joey Barton

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Newcastle sniffing around Joey Barton, who could become Sam Allardyce's first signing at Newcastle. Believed to be around

Guest glasgowdon

Being a Newcastle observer rather than a fan, I'll be extremely pleased if he becomes the new manager there.

A good manager is something that they have been needing for a while now.

Before Glen Roeder was sacked though, I heard chat about Scott Brown going there. Anyone else?

big sam managed to get the attitude out of anelka so maybe he is the manager to get barton sorted out, good player type we need but only on the pitch, he could be a very good player if he just played football instead of all the crap off it..

At Newcastle Big Sam will have the money to spend on quality players, not quality players who are in the bargain bin because of non-playing issues. I doubt he will tocuh him. Midfield isn't Newcastle's big problem anyway, it's the back line. Spend big there and they'll give it a go next year.

At Newcastle Big Sam will have the money to spend on quality players, not quality players who are in the bargain bin because of non-playing issues. I doubt he will tocuh him. Midfield isn't Newcastle's big problem anyway, it's the back line. Spend big there and they'll give it a go next year.

But then would you not trawl the bargain basement and pull a 'team' together like he did at Bolton, or have a bunch of over priced Prima Donnas which you spend millions on who don't really care and can't cut it ... ?

Agree however, who'd of thought a defence could have got WORSE without J-A Boumsong in it ... :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LondonScottish
Newcastle sniffing around Joey Barton, who could become Sam Allardyce's first signing at Newcastle. Believed to be around
Guest LondonScottish
I see West Ham are after him aswell now,

I think he is a very poor mans Gerard

Pretty sure the Newcastle deal is as good as done.

Guest TenementFunster
Pretty sure the Newcastle deal is as good as done.

Yeah, with Parker going to the Hammers.

I'd have much preferred to keep both of them but hey, it's the zebras, f*ck them.

Guest LondonScottish
Don't understand why Newcastle want Barton Scott Parker is a much better midefielder and doesn't have any of the baggage Barton carries.

Scott was missing London and wanted away. To be honest most of the Newcastle hierachy were getting slightly upset with how inury prone he is too. Barton will fit in well up there.

Guest TenementFunster
Scott was missing London and wanted away. To be honest most of the Newcastle hierachy were getting slightly upset with how inury prone he is too. Barton will fit in well up there.

He was not alone in being "injury prone". But as you say, Barton will fit in just fine there!!

I see West Ham are after him aswell now,

I think he is a very poor mans Gerard

ironically; nolan, barton and gerrard all came through the lfc academy at the same time. liverpool took their chances thinkin gerrard would make it so released barton and nolan.

ironically; nolan, barton and gerrard all came through the lfc academy at the same time. liverpool took their chances thinkin gerrard would make it so released barton and nolan.

But Gerrard is 27 while Nolan and Barton are only 25 and 24 respectively? Very hard to compare a player at 17 to players who are 15 and 14?

Good player but not even a regular in the England squad and he's gonna get 70g a week!! :nutter:

70k A WEEK FOR BARTON :)

Bigger the fools Newcastle, Allardyce has been good at getting quality players for f*ck all. Maybe now he has money to spend he will spunk it up a wall.

Guest LondonScottish
Good player but not even a regular in the England squad and he's gonna get 70g a week!! :)

He is NOT on 70K per week. Don't know where 70k came from. Its between 45k and 50k. Which, with his low fee, in relative terms, is good business by Newcastle.