Sidwell signs for Chelsea

Guest LondonScottish

I actually think its a shrewd signing. with the possibility of Makelele leaving this summer and with both Jon Obi Mikel and Michael Essien missing up to 2 months of next season, Chelsea needed a central midfielder ans Sidwell fits the bill.

I see they are also looking at the Bolton lad in central defence, as are Newcastle also. Think of the two players its more important Allardyce beats Chelsea to the signature of the Bolton boy.

Guest LondonScottish
I actually think its a shrewd signing. with the possibility of Makelele leaving this summer and with both Jon Obi Mikel and Michael Essien missing up to 2 months of next season, Chelsea needed a central midfielder ans Sidwell fits the bill.

I see they are also looking at the Bolton lad in central defence, as are Newcastle also. Think of the two players its more important Allardyce beats Chelsea to the signature of the Bolton boy.

Never said it wasn't a shrewd signing on Chelsea's part. I think you've missed my original point, in that he will only be a "bit part" player with the packed midfield they already have, but then you go on to say he will be "cover" for their real midfield for "up to 2 months next season". He's hardly going to get a game, and will warm the bench nicely like so many others.

There is no question whatsoever of Allardyce/Newcastle in a competition with Chelsea over signatures. Sidwell was offered the chance of Newcastle on money similar to his Chelsea contract, but turned it down.

Guest LondonScottish
Scott Parker's career has fair taken off at Newcastle.

Scott Parker is a highly talented individual, who was unfortunately not fit for a fair amount of last season, had a clueless manager, and a number of under-performing players around him. A midfield of Parker,Sidwell, Kieron Dyer, and Duff, (and still with the possibility Barton joining) with Martins and Owen up front looks pretty hot to me.

Scott Parker is a highly talented individual, who was unfortunately not fit for a fair amount of last season, had a clueless manager, and a number of under-performing players around him. A midfield of Parker,Sidwell, Kieron Dyer, and Duff, (and still with the possibility Barton joining) with Martins and Owen up front looks pretty hot to me.

Aye, should have been an example to Sidwell too, Stock rose, he went to Chelsea, got forgotten abou. Went to Newcastle, stock has risen again.

Stupid Boy!

How can he not see what everyone else is seeing? :rolleyes:

If its true that Newcastle offered him the same money wage wise then what a tool he is.

Not saying he's not a good player but come on, he's never going to get his game week in week out at Chelsea! And is he really Champions League class?

Stupid Boy!

How can he not see what everyone else is seeing? :rolleyes:

If its true that Newcastle offered him the same money wage wise then what a tool he is.

Not saying he's not a good player but come on, he's never going to get his game week in week out at Chelsea! And is he really Champions League class?

I'm willing to bet with the African Nations next season, he makes at least 10 appearances in the Premiership which means he's got a very good chance of picking up a winners medal. If Chelsea make the final of the Carling Cup i can see him playing in it which means that he could pick up a winners medal there as well. As far as the Champions League goes, there are so many substitutes allowed on the bench now, if Chelsea made it to the final i'd assume if fit that he would be on the bench so potentially thats another medal picked up (although certainly not deserved). and if i was to be picky i'd say that as a new signing, he'll

make an appearance of some sort in the Community Shield.

Admittedly this is all hypothetical, but he must fancy his chances of picking up at least 2 medals next season. Which is more than he'd get if he'd stayed at Reading or gone to Newcastle. Just because he's signed for Chelsea doesn't mean he's got to spend the rest of his career rotting in their reserves, he's only 24 and has plenty of time to move on in future.

Guest LondonScottish
I'm willing to bet with the African Nations next season, he makes at least 10 appearances in the Premiership which means he's got a very good chance of picking up a winners medal. If Chelsea make the final of the Carling Cup i can see him playing in it which means that he could pick up a winners medal there as well. As far as the Champions League goes, there are so many substitutes allowed on the bench now, if Chelsea made it to the final i'd assume if fit that he would be on the bench so potentially thats another medal picked up (although certainly not deserved). and if i was to be picky i'd say that as a new signing, he'll

make an appearance of some sort in the Community Shield.

Admittedly this is all hypothetical, but he must fancy his chances of picking up at least 2 medals next season. Which is more than he'd get if he'd stayed at Reading or gone to Newcastle. Just because he's signed for Chelsea doesn't mean he's got to spend the rest of his career rotting in their reserves, he's only 24 and has plenty of time to move on in future.

Its not just about winning medals. Fair enough if you deserve them, but most "pro's" want to be playing regularly. End of story.