Beckham to Newcastle

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

There is good chance LA Galaxy will loan out David Beckham back to Europe, with Newcastle in particular keen to secure his services. Would imagine a host of European clubs will be queing up.

There is good chance LA Galaxy will loan out David Beckham back to Europe, with Newcastle in particular keen to secure his services. Would imagine a host of European clubs will be queing up.

this beckham hype is actually a bit annoying. 6 months ago nobody gave a f*ck about the one trick pony all of a sudden everyone jumps on the media's band wagon and he's the most suaght after player in europe.

Guest LondonScottish
this beckham hype is actually a bit annoying. 6 months ago nobody gave a f*ck about the one trick pony all of a sudden everyone jumps on the media's band wagon and he's the most suaght after player in europe.

But he been playing exceptionally well in the last few months; Capello certainly got the best out of him.

Guest LondonScottish
He would be a seriously good aquisition for us providing Galaxy paid a decent proportion of his wages. I'm not sure what money he's on, but surely worth an inquiry quickly before he gets snapped up.

:angry: Very good

Newcastle would be paying the best part of

But he been playing exceptionally well in the last few months; Capello certainly got the best out of him.

Beckham has played the exact same way for Real as he's always played. Nothing in Beckham's performances have changed. What has changed, however, is the fortunes of the England team, and the media then magnify Beckhams Real performances because he was no longer being picked for England.

He has been playing exceptionally well, but then, I think he always has done. Over the last 3 years, there have only been 3 players at the Bernabeu who have had their names constantly chanted by the home support, Zidane, Raul and Beckham.

Capello went to Real with pre-conceived ideas about Beckham, and I think Beckham suffered because of this.

I also don't understand why LA Galaxy would loan him out, would surely defeat the whole purpose of signing him in the first place?

Guest LondonScottish
I will put money on it that he isn't loaned out. LA Galaxy manager has already came out and said HE WILL NOT BE LOANED OUT, he will stay for training with LA Galaxy. The man who made the deal happen has also said there's no chance there bringing in a player and pay him that amount of money to let him go to another club!

Maybe the interview on CNBC this morning was incorrect. I'm sure a lad called Alexi Lalas, who seemed pretty much like the General manager of Galaxy saying that as the MLS season closes down in November they would seriously consider the possibility of loaning out Beckham "to maintain physical and mental health". "We would consider any possibility that would either make our player better as a soccer player and a more valuable asset, playing with another team on loan"

Only had half an eye on it at work, but I'm fairly sure that was the script......

beckham is a media darling and evryone seems to buy the hype that surrounds him, its just the same as the hype that sky cause with the english premiership.

if you market a product properly people do believe its the best.

Beckham is a very good player. Not the best in the world, and probably not anywhere close to it, but he is a very good player. Has his limitations, but then every player does.

Beckham is a very good player. Not the best in the world, and probably not anywhere close to it, but he is a very good player. Has his limitations, but then every player does.

we will have to agree to disagree here. he can cross a ball and he scores the odd free kick which looks great on tv but i dont think he is that good, if he had been welsh or scottish born no way would he be rated as highly as he is.

we will have to agree to disagree here. he can cross a ball and he scores the odd free kick which looks great on tv but i dont think he is that good, if he had been welsh or scottish born no way would he be rated as highly as he is.

I wish our wingers were as useless as he is, then.

And, just a side note, Wales do actually have a winger that is rather highly rated.

I wish our wingers were as useless as he is, then.

And, just a side note, Wales do actually have a winger that is rather highly rated.

not after saturday they dont. giggs is highly rated and rightly so IMO beckham is nowhere near gigg's class but giggs doesnt have the same hype.

not after saturday they dont. giggs is highly rated and rightly so IMO beckham is nowhere near gigg's class but giggs doesnt have the same hype.

The hype isn't welcomed by Beckham, and i'd agree that there is too much hype around him. But, the fact he is hyped up (it is mostly cos of his looks, wife, etc) doesn't mean he's not a good player. You dont play for ManUtd and Real Madrid for so long if you are anything other than a very good player.

The hype isn't welcomed by Beckham, and i'd agree that there is too much hype around him. But, the fact he is hyped up (it is mostly cos of his looks, wife, etc) doesn't mean he's not a good player. You dont play for ManUtd and Real Madrid for so long if you are anything other than a very good player.

this is your opinion, can you not deal with the fact that i dont rate david beckham?

the hype and media coverage that surrounds him is what makes people think he is a good player IMO.

Guest glasgowdon

Beckham is a fantastic player, the problem was England always played him out wide and he's not a winger at all.

Would be an excellent signing for the Mags if we secured him on loan.

There was talk of a move engineered by Adidad last year of Beckham to Newcastle.

this is your opinion, can you not deal with the fact that i dont rate david beckham?

the hype and media coverage that surrounds him is what makes people think he is a good player IMO.

Relax man. I was just trying to have a discussion with you about it. That's all.

And, what makes me think he's a good player is from what i've watched, not because others tell me so.

beckahm is a fantastic talent.

he will not go to newcaslte for 1 reason more than any others. GALAZY WONT LET HIM and he is a pro athlete so knows not to because:

hell get no recovery time

hes away to finish a season in spain. As soon as that finishes and once the players are allowed to leave for close season period, hes got to zip back and forth to america to sort out the move.

then on july 1st, he starts playing every week for galaxy until that season finishes in november.

he will NOT then decide to move back to england to keep playing for the whole time hes supposed to be resting and taking 6 weeks away from football completely. not move to a club who is away to enter their busiest period of the year.

Guest CAPSLOCK

BECKHAM PEAKED AT MAN U, SIR ALEX SPOTTED THAT AND BINNED HIM AND HE'S BEEN ON THE SLIDE EVER SINCE, LARGELY DUE TO HIS MEDIA DARLING STATUS.

ONE WORD - RONALDO.

Beckham is a really good player but the only problem i would have would be where to play him. I would rather have Ronaldo wide right and could think of more than two players that i would rather have in the middle of the park. He is best on the right side in a 4-4-2 as he can get that extra yard to play a telling pass or cross, however i think that Man Utd have replaced him very well by adding Ronaldo.

agreed. as highly as i rate beckham, ronaldo is his superior in just about every area. the only thing becks shades it on is freekicks and even then, ronaldo aint that bad himself.

Ronaldo's terrible at free kicks. Scored once this season. In the FA Cup Final, none of the players or the management team wanted him to hit it, but he went ahead and hit it anyway. As per usual, it hit the wall.

agreed. as highly as i rate beckham, ronaldo is his superior in just about every area. the only thing becks shades it on is freekicks and even then, ronaldo aint that bad himself.

Wouldn't agree with that. Ronaldo does not have Beckham's influence, he rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck and drives his team on. Ronaldo is more than capable of going missing in action.

I don't fully understand the anti-Beckham brigade. He's a fine player and proved it midweek with a Man of the Match performance.

Wouldn't agree with that. Ronaldo does not have Beckham's influence, he rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck and drives his team on. Ronaldo is more than capable of going missing in action.

I don't fully understand the anti-Beckham brigade. He's a fine player and proved it midweek with a Man of the Match performance.

Disagree Gerrard was clearly head and shoulders above anything else in an england shirt. I'm not anti Beckham i would just much rather watch Ronaldo though Beckham still is a class act.