Scotland-Austria

Guest TenementFunster
couldn't be arsed watching it but had the wireless on instead, pa broon has been ravin about them!!

you fishin funster?

Sadly not Kev.

Guest TenementFunster
well you're the ONLY source that is saying we were sh*te. every other report is saying we were in full control and could have scored a few more with more luck

Where did I say we were sh*te, brainbox?

Go on, point to it.

Guest TenementFunster
hmm, call it what u want, "brainbox" ..."sh*te" kinda means the same to me as "disgrace..."

The team, ie, the SELECTIONS were a disgrace. With me so far?

The tactics were too. Hope you are still with me on this, I really do.

So, to recap, the team selection and tactics were a disgrace. Still with me, I know it's difficult when you confuse "sh*te" and "disgrace" but do try, I'm being really patient.

The team played not to badly.

The team, ie, the SELECTIONS were a disgrace. With me so far?

The tactics were too. Hope you are still with me on this, I really do.

So, to recap, the team selection and tactics were a disgrace. Still with me, I know it's difficult when you confuse "sh*te" and "disgrace" but do try, I'm being really patient.

The team played not to badly.

were they?

End of season friendly, we looked the most dangerous and Austria only really had any pressure in the last 20mins after we had stopped playing and made loads of subs.

Given the squad (which I disagree with) he put out a reasonable attacking side

Guest TenementFunster
whit?

You are honestly telling me that in a friendly match you can't think of players that would be worthwhile playing in place them?

ANY of them?

Weir? What else do we need to know about him.

Hutton? Hod carrier.

Dailly? Please.

Hartley? His form has pathetic since moving to his bhoyhood hewoes.

Alexander? See Weir.

Dailly played SUB

Hutton played SUB

Weir played

Hartley played SUB

Alexander played.

I'll give you Weir but given the squad who would you have ahead of Alexander. I agree that the squad was poor but I thought the front 6, atleast at the start of the game, was pretty good and attacking. The Subs turned the game and I would be shocked and horrified if any of them got near a competitive Scotland game in the near future.

Guest TenementFunster

Gordon was a sub as was McManus.

I suspect they will be in future Scotland teams as will Hartley and Hutton.

And what's more I know you know it.

I agree that Hutton, Dailly and Weir shouldn't have played, but Alexander isn't that bad. Thought he had a pretty decent game all things considered. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Boyd yet though, he was absolutely abysmal. O'Connor held the ball up well, managed to link with the rest of the team and took his goal very well indeed. Boyd gave the ball away or fell over every time he had to work for it and missed two sitters. On the evidence of tonight I'd pick O'Connor ahead of Boyd every time, but I doubt Mcleish feels the same way given that he described Boyd's performance tonight as "one of the best he's ever seen".

I'll give you Weir but given the squad who would you have ahead of Alexander. I agree that the squad was poor but I thought the front 6, atleast at the start of the game, was pretty good and attacking. The Subs turned the game and I would be shocked and horrified if any of them got near a competitive Scotland game in the near future.

My Hun boss had McNamara ahead of either Alexander or Hutton.... :(

Either he's taking the piss or we really have made a decent signing.

And I would have given McEveley a run at left back.... :itch-chin:

Jesus it was a friendly and it also was for McLeish to have a look at some players which he did but also keep the main players fit for next wednesday since some players haven't played for over a week. I thought Scotland played quite well in the first 20 minutes lost there way a bit after that but we won 1-0 with a friendly and looked the better team. If Anderson was fit then i would presume McLeish would have got a look at him but sadly he was injured again and missed his chance again which is a bit like the last time when he had a mare against Rangers.

weir, dailly and hutton shouldnt have been anywhere the scotland squad.

weir is past it and mcmanus and anderson should be scotlands defensive partnership.

dailly = weir

hutton has 2/3 good games for the huns and thats him in, when IMO whittaker and hart have been brilliant for their clubs for 2/3 SEASONS and cant even get in the squad.

also think adam should be there, adam has scored 15 or so goals from midfield this year and has been one of the only postive in a pish rangers side.

weir, dailly and hutton shouldnt have been anywhere the scotland squad.

weir is past it and mcmanus and anderson should be scotlands defensive partnership.

dailly = weir

hutton has 2/3 good games for the huns and thats him in, when IMO whittaker and hart have been brilliant for their clubs for 2/3 SEASONS and cant even get in the squad.

also think adam should be there, adam has scored 15 or so goals from midfield this year and has been one of the only postive in a pish rangers side.

Anderson was injured so he couldn't play last night obviously.

Hutton done really well for rangers in the last few months although i agree with Whittaker and Hart who both was 2nd from their fans in player of the year competition although Hart has played sh*te against the old firm (apart from the last two games!!!).

Disagree with Adams, don't think he does enough for Rangers apart from his free-kicks.

I agree with Funster to an extent. I think if it was just a friendly and wasnt followed by a qualifier then we may have seen something different though.

Weir and Dailly should never be anywhere near a Scotland squad however and Alexander is too slow at right back. I would like to see these lot dropping out, however i was glad to see Hartley on the bench as he has been terrible this season. Adam and Hutton are only in the squad because they are huns and after last night, Boyd should be dropped for the Faroes game as well.