Cigars

Guest LondonScottish
Anyone here enjoy a cigar? A pal of mine loves them and thinking bout buying him some as a thank you for letting me use his holiday house abroad but dont really know alot about them eg whats good/bad, price wise too? Anyone help?

Go for Montecristo Torpedo (probably go for variety IV, for value). Probably looking around the

• 4 years later...

I enjoy the occasional Cigar, but my pal is the real afficinado.

We were in /mexico last year and ahe brought a few back with him.

And the year before we were in Miami and we went on a trip to Little Havana and visited a few places where yo get them made for you.

I'm not an expert, but my pal, like I said is quite clued up.

He's even got a smart looking Humidor to keep them in.

Nothing like sitting on chilled out day and puffing on a Cigar.

Mexico was the best, sitting on the verandah of a bar and looking over the Lagoon as the sun set.

Aye, love a Cohiba... don't buy the Davidoff ones, they're utter rank... Whenever I flew out of KLIA I'd always visit the tobacconist there, and amazing selection of Cigars... You get the Siglos in a pack of 3 not sure of the price but must be under 30 quid...

Cohiba_Siglo_III_Tubos.cigars.jpg

Used to have a smoke of these...

800px-Romeo_Y_Julieta_Churchill_Cigars_Tubo.jpg

But kind of went off them...

MT, I enjoy a cigar now and again. By no means an expert...the nicest ones I've smoked were Cuban and dominican republic ones. the DR ones were lovely, but cant remember the brand. The Cubans were cohibas

I wouldn't buy a big box of them until you've smoked a type you definitely like. Smoked some horrid cigars and it's not pleasant!

MT, I enjoy a cigar now and again. By no means an expert...the nicest ones I've smoked were Cuban and dominican republic ones. the DR ones were lovely, but cant remember the brand. The Cubans were cohibas

I wouldn't buy a big box of them until you've smoked a type you definitely like. Smoked some horrid cigars and it's not pleasant!

C'mon DD.

That's nae what he's wanting to know.

He's already dismissed my post.

I enjoy a Monte Cristo occasionally, I prefer the smaller cigarillo's though, the great big fuckers are too much for me takes about a week to smoke one. I think it's like anything you get what you pay for.

A big monte or a churchill cannot be beaten.

Was in Cuba 2. Years ago and got a right taste for it.

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/cohiba-siglo-cigars-p-95.html

jeeso....i dont mind payin a tenner or more for one, just wanna make sure i like em first though!

do you need a cigar cutter for EVERY big cigar?

MT, im pretty sure there are a couple of proper tobacconists/cigar shops in and around glasgow (sure there is one just off of george square). Go in to one and buy a couple of individual cigars and see if you like them. A proper shop will be able to advise you what might be the best bet for you.

first order due in today

sampler of havanas, good proper cigar matches, a blowtorch butane lighter...

cant wait!

these better not be a big dissy!

Remember the bespoke cigar cutter.

If the doormen at a Weegie club search you, and find a mini blow torch and cigar cutter, dressed in a atypical suit, they will think you are on a torture mission.

• 2 months later...