Culter juniors in the scottish cup!!!!!

I was always led to believe that basically anyone with a team can enter the Scottish cup, but obviously you'd have qualifying rounds to go through. Is that right, or has someone been spouting bullsh*t to me?

That was the case but they are changing it.

The winners of the Red Ultras 2007 cup automatically get an entry.

I was always led to believe that basically anyone with a team can enter the Scottish cup, but obviously you'd have qualifying rounds to go through. Is that right, or has someone been spouting bullsh*t to me?

you were misled then

Only "senior" scottish sides could enter and even then for many that was only qualifying cup. Strangely due to the weird and wonderful nature of Scottish Fitba the likes of Glasgow and Edinburgh Uni count as senior sides while Pollock and Tayport don't.

Looks like all the "senior" sides will go straight into the 1st round each year which I guess would be all Highland and South of Scotland League teams plus Glasgow and Edinburgh Uni. Have a feeling the "junior" sides, esp those from tayside, glasgow and ayrshire will destroy these sides and probably give the lower league a good run for their money.

Hopefully this is just the first step on the way to a total reconstruction of Scottish Football and the institution of a pyramid system but I wonder if the lower leagues will be scared off voting for such a scheme when the quality of the Junior sides is seen in the Cup.

There is no qualifying cup for the highland league teams now,

So all highland league teams will be in the first round proper next season.

that's what I said

I think

Just wondering which non-league side we'll embarrass ourselves against next season as there are bound to be a few more making the 3rd round (or whatever the equivalent will be) from now on.

that's what I said

I think

Just wondering which non-league side we'll embarrass ourselves against next season as there are bound to be a few more making the 3rd round (or whatever the equivalent will be) from now on.

Yip,

Dont think many teams will fancy an away day at Keith , Locos, Buckie or Hunty.

Guest TenementFunster
Being a NHS employee you must be well aquainted with cups of tea and coffee !

:laughing:

As an NHS employee I'm off sick!! :applause:

Those kinds of cups tend to get launched at my gaffe!! :laughing:

Hopefully this is just the first step on the way to a total reconstruction of Scottish Football and the institution of a pyramid system but I wonder if the lower leagues will be scared off voting for such a scheme when the quality of the Junior sides is seen in the Cup.

About time we got rid of some of the unambitious dross that has littered the lower leagues for far far too long eg East Stirling, Albion Rovers, maybe get the likes of Montrose, Arbroath, Elgin, Dumbarton etc to up their game a bit instead of just "plodding along" safe from relegation

How's about it Gordon Smith, restructure the leagues NOW!