Scotland v Faroes

Anybody else a bit nervous about this game?

Faroes performed pretty well against Italy by all accounts and could have sneaked a 2-2 draw at the death. Coupled with the fact that Scotland have drawn their last 2 games there, I am worried about the win.

Anything less than 3 points would surely end our qualification hopes.

Had to laugh at this in Billy Dodds preview of the game though:

I also remember David Weir walked out after sticking up for his rights, but he's been colossal both since joining Rangers and in his return to the Scotland side.

:tossr:

Old pals act for the Huns, never ceases to amaze.

Anybody else a bit nervous about this game?

Faroes performed pretty well against Italy by all accounts and could have sneaked a 2-2 draw at the death. Coupled with the fact that Scotland have drawn their last 2 games there, I am worried about the win.

Anything less than 3 points would surely end our qualification hopes.

Had to laugh at this in Billy Dodds preview of the game though:

I also remember David Weir walked out after sticking up for his rights, but he's been colossal both since joining Rangers and in his return to the Scotland side.

:tossr:

Old pals act for the Huns, never ceases to amaze.

david wier should never been allowed back in after walking out on his country.

cant see this being a big problem for scotland. 2 or 3 nil to the scots.

Guest TenementFunster

Yeah, all is calm. David Weir is steadying the ship in the way only he can.

I mean, we missed experience like his when we had embarrassing games against minnows like the puffin pie eaters.

Guest TenementFunster
Three points well and truely hammered home, by half time.

I'm sure the Faroes thought the same before.

Can anyone recomend a pub to watch the game in the of Edinburgh? I've got a course down there Wednesday and Thursday so i'll be heading out for a few pints to watch the game on Wednesday

Few of us heading to the Globe to watch the game. Your welcome to join us in there.

Meant to add that as long as we play the way we did last week cannot see us losing this one.

Few of us heading to the Globe to watch the game. Your welcome to join us in there.

Meant to add that as long as we play the way we did last week cannot see us losing this one.

Was in there at before the Hibs game at the start of the season & it's not far from where my course is so i'll probably just head there, might even get you a pint!

Was in there at before the Hibs game at the start of the season & it's not far from where my course is so i'll probably just head there, might even get you a pint!

Oh if pints are in the offing I might try and get home from work early.... :itch-chin:

Guest TenementFunster
Is it just me or did Maloney and McCulloch both not start against Austria. Or are we supposed to take for granted that the greasy little sh*t that is Hartley will be starting as well?

Could be. But it might be Gary Teale.

Guest TenementFunster
Would prefer Gary Teale :applause:

Only seen him once for Scotland, against Georgia.

No ta to either of them. But McLeish knows best. :itch-chin:

Guest TenementFunster
It'll likely be:

Gordon

Alexander--Weir--McManus--Naysmith

--Fletcher--Ferguson--Maloney

O'Connor--Boyd--Naismith

Or else find a place in there for Caldwell.

Doubt Caldwell will start but he could come on for Ferguson later in the half as he is reportedly carrying an injury.

I wouldnt be surprised if its:

Gordon

Alexander, Weir, Caldwell, Naysmith

Fletcher, Hartley, Ferguson, Maloney

O'Connor and Boyd

Not saying i would like it as for a start i'd rather take Hartley out and put in Naismith and play him and Maloney wide. I'd also rather not have to have Weir or Caldwell on the pitch at all.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Ferguson if he's not 100%. Different story if it was a bigger team we were playing but we have plenty of players in the squad capable of doing the business against this shower.