Bentley "too tired" to play for England

I see the boy David Bentley has pulled out of the England Under 21 squad for this summer's European Championships blaming fatigue. That is just shocking really. Playing for your country should be the highlight of your career.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6733569.stm

I think their may be more to this than meets the eye. I heard reports a couple of weeks ago that Bentley was absolutely furious to be left out of the latest full England squad and has been making noises about the fact he believes he should be starting for England on the right-handside of midfield.

was watchin them report it on sky sports saying "yeah, but milner has played 60 times, hes only played 46 times so how can he be fatigued?"

well, whose to say that the training facilities at blackburn are as good as newcastle. trainign on a 3G pitch vs trainin on grass. maybe milner has been afforded more rest, better conditioning etc. maybe milner just doesnt work as hard or cover as much distance per game as bentley. yes gerrard and carragher played an astronomical number of games over the past 2 years because of the champs league putting them in at stage 1, then into the world cup then back to premiership again but they are seasoned veterans. Bentley is still young and wont reach full maturity for another 2-3 years yet

as rock says though, probably more than meets the eye

was watchin them report it on sky sports saying "yeah, but milner has played 60 times, hes only played 46 times so how can he be fatigued?"

well, whose to say that the training facilities at blackburn are as good as newcastle. trainign on a 3G pitch vs trainin on grass. maybe milner has been afforded more rest, better conditioning etc. maybe milner just doesnt work as hard or cover as much distance per game as bentley. yes gerrard and carragher played an astronomical number of games over the past 2 years because of the champs league putting them in at stage 1, then into the world cup then back to premiership again but they are seasoned veterans. Bentley is still young and wont reach full maturity for another 2-3 years yet

Or maybe he's just a lazy c*nt! :laughing: