Gabriel McAgbonlahor

Scottish mother.

I'm all for it.

:laughing:

A no from me.

Guy has played for England U21s, thats obviously where his heart his. We have finally got a team who are willing to fight for each other, dont need that to be unstablised by folk who are not 100% committed.

Get that Nigel Quashie to f*ck while we are at it as well.

A no from me.

Guy has played for England U21s, thats obviously where his heart his. We have finally got a team who are willing to fight for each other, dont need that to be unstablised by folk who are not 100% committed.

I'm not sure.

He turned down a call-up for the latest squad.

There's no English blood in him (as far as we know) - so maybe just Nigeria and Scotland are where his heart is? He can cut it in two y'see :laughing:

A no from me.

Totally agree - English up to now and happily involved with England til now. Don't want anyone who suddenly decides to they want to be Scottish!!

Not really.

Wouldn't say turning down a call up is happily involved.

He never turned down a call up. It was the wee Irish rat Martin O'neil who did it behind the players back!!

Also has played happily for England at lower levels aswell.

However, England boss Stuart Pearce was unable to get in touch with the player.

"I felt Gabby would benefit from a slightly longer break, but perhaps I didn't communicate this correctly to Stuart," said Villa manager O'Neill.

"I spoke to Stuart a couple of weeks ago to say to him that Gabby has had a long season with hardly a moment's rest in the Premier League and that he may need a little while longer to recover from illness and niggling injury.

"I am genuinely sorry about any mix-up and I know Gabby was keen to be in the squad."

If he agrees to play for us and actually tries hard for us if he does then I'd be happy. In an ideal world we would have a massive pool of Scots who were born and bred in this country to represent this country. Thing is that isn't the case. We have a very limited number of truly international class players with a few in the squad just there to make up the numbers. If a player is eligible for Scotland then I'd hope the SFA/Scotland manager would make at least some attempt to see if they are interested.

Don't forget Ryan Giggs only qualified for Wales through his mother and represented England when he was younger! Although admittedly he didn't really give two sh*ts about playing for Wales at times..... ahhhh, i seem to have defeated my own argument...

Don't forget Ryan Giggs only qualified for Wales through his mother and represented England when he was younger! Although admittedly he didn't really give two sh*ts about playing for Wales at times..... ahhhh, i seem to have defeated my own argument...

I'm sure I've read on here that that is a common misunderstanding. He played for his English schools or something, since that's where he went to school.

Guest LondonScottish
I'm sure I've read on here that that is a common misunderstanding. He played for his English schools or something, since that's where he went to school.

He's played U-21's at least 3 times.

I'm sure that up untill full international it is where you are at school, certainly everything below U21 is, They are afterall referred to as "Schoolboy internationals". AND as far as I'm aware, Ryan Giggs was born in Wales to a Welsh Mother and Father.

Ryan Giggs NEVER played for England, even at u17 level

he did represent England Schools select, because he went to school in England

however he was never eligible to play for England at international level as he's welsh, his parents are welsh & grandparents are welsh

as Sneckie said, it's a common myth.

But he was born in England and was therefor eligable to play for them. Which of Agbonlahors parents are English????

But he was born in England and was therefor eligable to play for them. Which of Agbonlahors parents are English????

Ryan Giggs ?? Born in England ?? :hysterical

sorry min, but you're wrong on this one

here

From the Horses Mouth

One more ?

Sky Sports

BBC

Giggs, was never, and has NEVER been eligable to play for England, England Schools are a different kettle of fish

I don't want Agbonlahor to play for Scotland. If he really wanted to play for us then he'd have shown an interest in representing us at Under 21 level as opposed to representing England.

It really annoys me when I see the likes of Quashie, Matt Elliott, etc represent Scotland. It makes a mockery of us imo.

Maybe i'm missing the point here, but i dont want him to play as i don't think he's that good.

Or is the fact that he plays in the premiership that makes him a worthwhile punt, as he must be "world class"? He's a mediocre player in a mediocre premiership side at best.

I'd rather have Garry O'Connor TBH.

Maybe i'm missing the point here, but i dont want him to play as i don't think he's that good.

Or is the fact that he plays in the premiership that makes him a worthwhile punt, as he must be "world class"? He's a mediocre player in a mediocre premiership side at best.

I'd rather have Garry O'Connor TBH.

i'd rather have o'connor, boyd, mcfadden or even miller before him.

just another case of "if he plays in the premier league he must be good" pish