Darren Bent

He's a championship player who isnt a regular for England and given their problems up front that is bad. How anyone could consider paying that amount for him is ridiculous. Possibly if they were still in the premiership then try and hold out for a ridiculous fee but in the championship they should be lucky to get 10 million for him.

This is reminding me of the Everton and AJ thing last summer, on the monday the guy Jordan says nothing less than 30million for him, by the end of the week he's an everton player for what? 10million or something was it?

Bent is not that good a player i think but i'm sure a fee around the 10-12million mark would make him and the Charlton very happy.

Guest LondonScottish
This is reminding me of the Everton and AJ thing last summer, on the monday the guy Jordan says nothing less than 30million for him, by the end of the week he's an everton player for what? 10million or something was it?

Bent is not that good a player i think but i'm sure a fee around the 10-12million mark would make him and the Charlton very happy.

If Charlton have already turned down

Guest LondonScottish

Slightly different situation with Andy Johnston at Palace. The stewards were out on how good he actually was. A large proportion of his goals came from the penalty spot, penalties which he won, sometimes going down slightly easily shall we say. Simon Jordan does tend to shout his mouth off at times and his

Guest TenementFunster

There is a premium on English players though however good or indeed sh*t folk think they are.

They could bring in someone far superior for that kind of fee.

Bit of an eye-opener:

Liverpool were also interested in Bent, but have not been able to compete with the financial firepower on offer at other clubs.

Or probably more like "Liverpool were interested in Bent until they saw the ridiculous figures being banded around by West Ham for someone whos' had two partial england caps in friendlies whilst plying his trade for a team that have just been relegated".

I'd imagine that would be closer to the truth - far better value for money elsewhere. I would hazard that's a bit of troublemongering as opposed to fact - if West Ham want him that badly, good luck to them, but its a f*cking ridiculous fee IMO.

Tottenham's

Or probably more like "Liverpool were interested in Bent until they saw the ridiculous figures being banded around by West Ham for someone whos' had two partial england caps in friendlies whilst plying his trade for a team that have just been relegated".

I'd imagine that would be closer to the truth - far better value for money elsewhere. I would hazard that's a bit of troublemongering as opposed to fact - if West Ham want him that badly, good luck to them, but its a f*cking ridiculous fee IMO.

Tottenham's

Guest LondonScottish

West Ham seem to be paying up for players wages like Leeds Utd were doing a few seasons ago, and we all know how that situation capitulated. Tottenham, Liverpool, and Middlesbrough have all put serious enquiries in about Darren Bent, but none want to pay more than

Guest LondonScottish
Darren Bent has turned down West Ham.

If West 'Am dont watch themselves they'll end up like Leeds!

See above.