Aberdeen property prices

Suspect mate - excellent site - I'm f*cking minted!

Amazing to see same places in the development I own going for maybe 60,000 in 2000 now going for 130+

Aberdeen's gone f*cking mental. The loft conversion above me is on the market in aspc for offers over 180K and its tiny. Unreal.

Renting a couple out cos I'm in the US, keep 'em renting I say.

Rgds,

Rachman

Only joking like - it must be hellish trying to get ahead nowadays, I'd hate to be starting out now.

Suspect mate - excellent site - I'm f*cking minted!

Amazing to see same places in the development I own going for maybe 60,000 in 2000 now going for 130+

Aberdeen's gone f*cking mental. The loft conversion above me is on the market in aspc for offers over 180K and its tiny. Unreal.

Renting a couple out cos I'm in the US, keep 'em renting I say.

Rgds,

Rachman

Only joking like - it must be hellish trying to get ahead nowadays, I'd hate to be starting out now.

I can confirm it is a bloody nightmare.

Missed out on a place on Union Grove by

The market will never go "tits up" to an extent that property prices will not recover to the same and higher values. I'm fairly certain that property prices have, on average, doubled every seven years, for the past 50 - 60 years even taking into account dips due to recessions etc.

Also if the market does go tits up property won't become more affordable, as interest rates will then become the defining factor.

When is the housing ladder going to go tits up??? Even when the rest of the country had a down turn Aberdeen has done well due to oil industry. The last time i remember being pretty bad was the late 80's when prices did drop in Aberdeen.

Specific properties will have problems in the future.

Those that have spent silly money on a 1 bedroom property

want to move in say 2/3 years time.

They will have great difficulty getting back what they have paid because

many have paid 25%-35% over the valuation.

In the mid 80's the property market slump in Aberdeen hit many people

who had assumed that they would recoup the daft amounts they had

paid over valuation.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Well, still looking for a house and its a bloody nightmare! Where the hell are these people getting the money from? Looking at having to pay between 170k and 180k for a 2bed terraced in BOD. From the info ive gathered it looks like over the next year things are not even going to slow down one little bit. Even now its not slowing down that much, wait til the students come back and folk have came back from their hols its going to get ridiculous! :dontknow:

Seriously thinking about going off and buidling my own house due to the prices in Aberdeen- and the fact you are bidding with about 20 other folk.

Does anybody have a rough idea how much it costs to convert a steading? Say you get the shell the of a building for

When is the housing ladder going to go tits up??? Even when the rest of the country had a down turn Aberdeen has done well due to oil industry. The last time i remember being pretty bad was the late 80's when prices did drop in Aberdeen.

There was also a slump in mid-summer 1998 just when I decided to leave Aberdeen, took nearly a year to sell, and Aberdeen lagged behind for quite a while. A lot of the recent madness is Aberdeen catching up again.