Italy Portugal u21

football is a weird game from time to time.

having not been paying close attention, i was confused to see that protugal (who finished 3rd and therefore did not qualify for the semi final) were playing Italy who finished in the same position.

i think, well, its clearly cant be a 3rd place play off, and we had the 2 semi final matches already so what the hell is this match?

go to uefas site to invesitgate and this is a qualifying match for the f*ckin olympics....so all i can assume is that if England had finished 3rd and not italy, then this match would not have even taken part. yet again the rules of world football being made up as they go along.

go to uefas site to invesitgate and this is a qualifying match for the f*ckin olympics....so all i can assume is that if England had finished 3rd and not italy, then this match would not have even taken part. yet again the rules of world football being made up as they go along.

I'm sure this situation was considered before the tournament started though, its not as if England reached the semi and uefa were like "oh f*ck they can't go to the Olympics. Quick think of something!"

i know, i assume this has been the case for many years but it just seems a touch slap dash.

especially when you consider the olympics is an u23 tournament so half the players involved may not even play. essentially your performance means what other people will get to do....

i know, i assume this has been the case for many years but it just seems a touch slap dash.

especially when you consider the olympics is an u23 tournament so half the players involved may not even play. essentially your performance means what other people will get to do....

I guess that with the football calender as packed as it is the European U21 Championship is the only real way to have a qualifying competition for the Olympics can be held for European teams. Football at the Olympics is a load of sh*te anyway. Only the City of Discovery cup eclipses the Olympics in terms of pointlessness in my view though.