Manchester Utd - New Striker Search

Man u need a player like him, listened to the Alan green show (i think) on after the FA cup and everyone who called in was giving names on central strikers that man u need and he came up the most, man u need a player like him to link up with Rooney, Saha can do it but must stay fit and it looks like he can't.

A while back everyone was chucking in Torres and Villa but they are too close to the style rooney uses and therefore it wouldn't work that well.

Again rumours, but apparently AF has finally lost patience with Saha. At least Gudjohnsen would give him a good run for his money.

Yeah, i'd heard that before the Man City game towards the end of the season. But I later read a thing where Fergie said that Saha's form at the start of the season was excellent and it wasn't Saha's fault he was injured etc etc.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Saha was sold, cut your losses and all that considering injury problems, but I do genuinely think that if fit and on form, he's a great asset to ManU.

But Gudjohnsen is a very powerful player, as is Rooney, wouldn't imagine too many defences relishing facing them.

Manchester United need an out & out goalpoacher.

If they had a player like Ruud van Nistelrooy I believe they'd be pretty much unstoppable.

There's only one player that comes close to that and it's Berbatov, he has the touch and the ability to do really well in the EPl and i think with Him, rooney ronaldo, giggs and Carrick in your team you are pretty much untouchable.

One last time for Fergy maybe! but Manu? :laughing:

There best players aint nearly peaked yet!

Ronaldo - 21 Rooney 21/22 Carrick is only 26 or close , Hargreaves 26, Dani and the other new boy are both young. The defence is aging but the midfield and front line are not even close to calling it a day.

There is a minimum of 6 years for those older players to play at the very highest level!

I agree about Torres, that would make ManU the strongest in Europe

aye, i ment Fergie

One last time for Fergy maybe! but Manu? :checkit:

There best players aint nearly peaked yet!

Ronaldo - 21 Rooney 21/22 Carrick is only 26 or close , Hargreaves 26, Dani and the other new boy are both young. The defence is aging but the midfield and front line are not even close to calling it a day.

There is a minimum of 6 years for those older players to play at the very highest level!

I agree about Torres, that would make ManU the strongest in Europe

Ageing defence? :laughing:

Gary Neville I'll give you, but every other defender in their first team squad is in their 20s

Ferdinand 28

Vidic 25

Evra 26

Brown 27

Heinze 29

Silvestre 27

O'Shea 26