Darren Bent

Heard this on the radio this morning and shook my head. I'l say this for bent as opposed to defoe though, his movement and positioning are totally superior. In short he's a poacher whereas defoe is still trying to figure out how that there are other players on the pitch with the same shirt on

Henry went for around 1m more, surely something wrong there.

Bent is good but not worth that, maybe about 8/9m I would say. They already have Defoe, Keane and Berbatov, surely that opens the door for one of them 3 to be going. A few clubs have been after Berbatov and Keane.

the fee they have paid is what i have come to expect from the idiots with the cheque books down south but if i were a spurs fan i'd more concerned as to why my team were adding to the one area in the team they are very strong in when they could have spent that cash on a better defender or midfielder

lets look at this another way.

darren bent single handedly got charlton into a very good position in his 1st season in the premiership. he scored something like 35 goals in 77 games for a pish side.

hes also what....22, just turned 23?

assuming he stays at spurs till he turns 30 - probably wont happen but it could. 15 million over 7-8 years worth aint that bad. hes only going to get better as he matures so its an investment.

lets look at this another way.

darren bent single handedly got charlton into a very good position in his 1st season in the premiership. he scored something like 35 goals in 77 games for a pish side.

hes also what....22, just turned 23?

assuming he stays at spurs till he turns 30 - probably wont happen but it could. 15 million over 7-8 years worth aint that bad. hes only going to get better as he matures so its an investment.

Or to look at it in another way, he was a good player in a $hite team and while although he scored alot of goals, it could be argued his contribution to the rest of his team's play isn't conducive to that of a

i dont see why everyone thinks this is such a bad deal.

hes young, hes got a good record in the premiership and u21s, hes only going to get better training with likes of berbatov and keane everyday.

yes 16.5 mil is a bit expensive but given that torres is away to move for 10 million more at almost the same age, might not be as bad as everyone is saying.

what merits torres being 10 times better?

- goals? bent has goals in him and already has a proven premiership record. Torres doesnt and could be another Cisse/Morientes/Crespo/Shevchenko/Forlan....need i go on

- pace? bent has stacks

- age? both 22/23 so still have 10 years yet

- caps for your country id conceed that point

- captaining your club side...i dont see torres as much of a leader, hes just one for the fans, same as gerrard.

i dont see why everyone thinks this is such a bad deal.

hes young, hes got a good record in the premiership and u21s, hes only going to get better training with likes of berbatov and keane everyday.

yes 16.5 mil is a bit expensive but given that torres is away to move for 10 million more at almost the same age, might not be as bad as everyone is saying.

Agreed, and isn't the